• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

#8 Los Angeles Kings vs. #1 Vancouver Canucks

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Sources are saying that Daniel Sedin will not recover in time to participate in any of this series, let alone the next two games.

Sources are saying that Daniel Sedin will not recover in time to participate in any of this series, let alone the next two games.

Wait... there's going to be more of this series after the next two? :blink: I thought it was supposed to be over after LA won four.

Guest irishock

Some of my friends who are Vancouver fans are relating their playoff run this year to the Wings in 2002 (lose first two games at home, go on a mean streak and win 8 straight games to the WCF) and 2008 (struggling Hasek; Osgood steps in; Luongo-Schneider).

Besides the Wings' win, the best part of these playoffs so far has to be all the Canucks fans on twitter whining, and the Kings official account continuing to troll them all.

Interesting insight into why people hate the Canucks - this is from another (non-hockey) board. The poster is a cop in Edmonton.

I am also an Oiler season ticket holder. I don't enjoy going to Canucks games in Edmonton because there is always someone being lead away in handcuffs in a Canucks jersey. I don't see that occuring in the other 36 odd home games we have. It is almost like Canucks fans have a sense of entitlement.

Lastly, I use to work on the Oilers website. We had so much trouble with Canucks fans. In fact, there was one posting that the images that were put up were so bad the RCMP got involved and charged the person. To this day I am still sick to my stomach when I think of what he posted. I didn't think I'd ever see something like that in my lifetime.

I didn't always feel this way about the Canucks or their fans. It must be the current chemistry of the team and their fan base that turns me off. I also wish I felt different.

Ironically, when the Oilers went to game seven in the SCF we had a mini riot on Whyte Avenue. 40 odd people were arrested and charged. What was so interesting about this was it was revealed in the following months that more than 3/4s of those arrested were from BC. The police didn't have an answer for it but they were surprised by the demographics

After much speculation over Vancouver's goaltending situation, Canucks coach Alain Vigneault appears to have made up his mind regarding Sunday night's Game 3 in Los Angeles.

With the Canucks trailing 2-0 after losing the first two games of the series at home, Cory Schneider will get the start in place of Roberto Luongo for Game 3.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=8645

Vigneault is probably just trying to shake things up. He really has nothing to lose by putting Schnieder in. He's as good as Luongo IMO. He was 20-8-1 with a .937 save percentage and less than 2 goals a game during the regular season.

Edited by MidMichSteve