• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

#8 Los Angeles Kings vs. #1 Vancouver Canucks

Rate this topic

I only meant that making deadline moves doesn't necessarily improve a team's chances. Really there was just very little for anyone to do at the deadline this season. Gillis made changes seemingly just for the sake of doing so, and it didn't help.

Losing to an 8th seed is just terrible, though. At least we had Legace to legitimately blame in 2006. The Canucks don't have any excuses.

Thats exactly what I thought you meant....and I stand by my response.

Guest Crymson

Thats the kind of sniping lacking from our team.

According to Kings fans, it was the first time this season that Stoll had managed to hit the net on a 2v1. I understand that the grass always appears greener on the other side, but your statement is somewhat absurd; there's a reason that Stoll had only six goals in 72 regular-season games: he's a very inaccurate shooter.

I really think the Kings will take this one. They are the second best defensive team in the league and Luongo has had some pretty shaky playoff series in the past. If he plays this first round like he did last year against Chicago, this will be over quickly and it'll be the Kings winning it.

I'm really not one to "toot my own horn" but its not everyday I pick an 8th seed over a Presidents trophy winner and are right. :cool:

For the Cancucks organization, there is bad news and good news.

First, the bad news: The pre-game ceremony at next season's home opener will take a lot less time than you had originally planned.

Now, the good news: There is lots, and lots, of room for banner hanging in the Rogers Arena; for consolation banners.

Hey Canucks you're doin it wrong. Ask the Wings about winning the Presidents Trophy AND the Cup.

You mean like in 2005-2006?

The presidents trophy winners have only won the stanley cup 7 times since the trophy was awarded back in 85-86 season.

You mean like in 2005-2006?

The presidents trophy winners have only won the stanley cup 7 times since the trophy was awarded back in 85-86 season.

Yes but the Wings past 2 cup wins both had the Presidents Trophy along with it.