Morning practice notes...

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

Some early morning stuff from Ansar Khan Ansar Khan's Twitter

Wings skating with these lines: 51-40-26/15, 93-13-44/43, 20-8-11/41, 14-48-96/39; 5-52, 55-23, 27-18, 4; 35, 29. 15, 43, 41, 39, 4 r extras

Helm skating, lots of extras, if any Nashville people are watching practice they aren't getting too much of an idea what lines we will be using.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#2 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,825 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

Not only is Helm skating, he's skating without the grey "no-contact" jersey. Though, per Helene St. James, he's still likely out for game 1.

https://twitter.com/#!/freepwings/status/189748572651139072

Darren Helm: Not wearing grey today. Wearing red. So will sub in with red group, but cleared for contact drills.

https://twitter.com/#!/freepwings/status/189751491567943682

Darren Helm and Riley Sheahan are odd ducks in red group, indicating that at least as of today, neither in lineup for Game 1

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#3 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

What's the chances that helm plays game 2?

#4 LidstromIsASuperhero

LidstromIsASuperhero

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Can sheahan even play?i thoughthe was ineligible since he was signed so late in the season.

#5 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,825 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

What's the chances that helm plays game 2?

Seems to be on target for a game 2 return, from all that I've seen.

Ansar Khan indicated that Babcock hadn't ruled out a game 1 return from Helm, but with all the talk about game 2, I think it would be best to stick to that plan.

Helm, out since March 17 with a sprained left medial collateral ligament, skated Monday in a gray non-contact jersey.

Coach Mike Babcock did not rule him out for Game 1, but Helm said it's more realistic that he'll be back for Game 2.

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

#6 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

WANT HELM BACK FOR TOMORROW

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#7 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

Can sheahan even play?i thoughthe was ineligible since he was signed so late in the season.

I didn't think he was eligible, but I'm thinking since he was a draft pick of ours, it may be allowed. I don't think we have him signed to any type of contract prior to his ATO with the Griffs last month.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#8 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,825 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

To further the "won't rule out game 1 return" line...

https://twitter.com/#!/DetroitRedWings/status/189770773710389249

Babcock on Helm: 'All he has to do is tell me he's playing and he'll be in there.'

#9 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

A completely healthy Wings team with everyone giving 100% can cruise through this series. Just need the Preds to cooperate :)
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#10 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

To further the "won't rule out game 1 return" line...

https://twitter.com/#!/DetroitRedWings/status/189770773710389249

If this is the case I think helm will play - can't see helm holding himself out of such a huge game if he can practice with the team with full contact. we need helm badly especially on killing those preds power plays.

#11 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,825 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

If this is the case I think helm will play - can't see helm holding himself out of such a huge game if he can practice with the team with full contact. we need helm badly especially on killing those preds power plays.

There's a big difference between practicing with teammates in full contact drills (when you know they aren't going to go completely 100% at anyone, regardless of how healthy/injured they are), and playing in a playoff game against an opponent that KNOWS he's fresh off an MCL strain. Any opponent in the playoffs would be gunning for Helm, doing what they can to knock him out of the series. (Think Pronger going after Stevie in '02).

That said, there is some buzz that Helm could be back for game 1...
http://www.mlive.com...m_says_the.html

#12 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

The addition of Helm improves the overall team depth and team defense immensely. I'd love to see Nyquist get some time on his wing, their speed would cause some trouble for the Preds.

Hope he's back for game 1, but either way I'm glad his progress is on track and really looking forward to seeing him play again.

:thumbup:
Posted Image

#13 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

Is he better than 50%? :ph34r:

#14 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

If Radulov is aloud to play then I don't see why Sheahan wouldn't be able 2.

#15 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

There's a big difference between practicing with teammates in full contact drills (when you know they aren't going to go completely 100% at anyone, regardless of how healthy/injured they are), and playing in a playoff game against an opponent that KNOWS he's fresh off an MCL strain. Any opponent in the playoffs would be gunning for Helm, doing what they can to knock him out of the series. (Think Pronger going after Stevie in '02).

That said, there is some buzz that Helm could be back for game 1...
http://www.mlive.com...m_says_the.html

well considering babs stated that if he had it his way helm would be in: i think there is pressure on helm to be in for game 1.

#16 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

I wonder if Helm is feeling the pressure to get back quicker after cleary's "Im only 50%" statement. I really cant see why cleary would say that in public right now..
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#17 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Sure would be nice seeing Helm for game 1, fingers crossed!
IPB Image

#18 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

If Radulov is aloud to play then I don't see why Sheahan wouldn't be able 2.

Different situation. However, after talking with a friend that knows the inner-workings of the CBA, Shaehan is playoff eligible because Detroit owned his rights since the draft, he was not a free agent. It's irrelevant his contract was signed after the trade deadline.

Here it is from the horse's mouth:

That's correct that Sheahan would be eligible for the playoffs. We've owned his rights since we drafted him and he hasn't played in a foreign league. The playoff ineligibility thing comes from preventing some primadonna free agent from sitting out until April of each year and waiting to sign a big contract with whatever team he thinks has the best chance of winning the cup. It also ends up kind of hurting guys like Turco who was simply signed as an emergency guy by the Bruins, but the difference is in the UFA status.

Edited by rrasco, 10 April 2012 - 01:48 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#19 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

Something tells me he'll be in for Game 1. Ahhh it'd be such a boost for us. Here's hoping!
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#20 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

So i was driving home when danger zone came onto the radio. Its a sign ladies and gentlemen... helmer's return is near!

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.