• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
puckbags

Morning practice notes...

Rate this topic

Some early morning stuff from Ansar Khan Ansar Khan's Twitter

Wings skating with these lines: 51-40-26/15, 93-13-44/43, 20-8-11/41, 14-48-96/39; 5-52, 55-23, 27-18, 4; 35, 29. 15, 43, 41, 39, 4 r extras

Helm skating, lots of extras, if any Nashville people are watching practice they aren't getting too much of an idea what lines we will be using.

Not only is Helm skating, he's skating without the grey "no-contact" jersey. Though, per Helene St. James, he's still likely out for game 1.

https://twitter.com/#!/freepwings/status/189748572651139072

Darren Helm: Not wearing grey today. Wearing red. So will sub in with red group, but cleared for contact drills.

https://twitter.com/#!/freepwings/status/189751491567943682

Darren Helm and Riley Sheahan are odd ducks in red group, indicating that at least as of today, neither in lineup for Game 1

What's the chances that helm plays game 2?

Seems to be on target for a game 2 return, from all that I've seen.

Ansar Khan indicated that Babcock hadn't ruled out a game 1 return from Helm, but with all the talk about game 2, I think it would be best to stick to that plan.

Helm, out since March 17 with a sprained left medial collateral ligament, skated Monday in a gray non-contact jersey.

Coach Mike Babcock did not rule him out for Game 1, but Helm said it's more realistic that he'll be back for Game 2.

Can sheahan even play?i thoughthe was ineligible since he was signed so late in the season.

I didn't think he was eligible, but I'm thinking since he was a draft pick of ours, it may be allowed. I don't think we have him signed to any type of contract prior to his ATO with the Griffs last month.

To further the "won't rule out game 1 return" line...

https://twitter.com/#!/DetroitRedWings/status/189770773710389249

If this is the case I think helm will play - can't see helm holding himself out of such a huge game if he can practice with the team with full contact. we need helm badly especially on killing those preds power plays.

If this is the case I think helm will play - can't see helm holding himself out of such a huge game if he can practice with the team with full contact. we need helm badly especially on killing those preds power plays.

There's a big difference between practicing with teammates in full contact drills (when you know they aren't going to go completely 100% at anyone, regardless of how healthy/injured they are), and playing in a playoff game against an opponent that KNOWS he's fresh off an MCL strain. Any opponent in the playoffs would be gunning for Helm, doing what they can to knock him out of the series. (Think Pronger going after Stevie in '02).

That said, there is some buzz that Helm could be back for game 1...

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/04/red_wings_darren_helm_says_the.html

The addition of Helm improves the overall team depth and team defense immensely. I'd love to see Nyquist get some time on his wing, their speed would cause some trouble for the Preds.

Hope he's back for game 1, but either way I'm glad his progress is on track and really looking forward to seeing him play again.

:thumbup:

There's a big difference between practicing with teammates in full contact drills (when you know they aren't going to go completely 100% at anyone, regardless of how healthy/injured they are), and playing in a playoff game against an opponent that KNOWS he's fresh off an MCL strain. Any opponent in the playoffs would be gunning for Helm, doing what they can to knock him out of the series. (Think Pronger going after Stevie in '02).

That said, there is some buzz that Helm could be back for game 1...

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/04/red_wings_darren_helm_says_the.html

well considering babs stated that if he had it his way helm would be in: i think there is pressure on helm to be in for game 1.

I wonder if Helm is feeling the pressure to get back quicker after cleary's "Im only 50%" statement. I really cant see why cleary would say that in public right now..

If Radulov is aloud to play then I don't see why Sheahan wouldn't be able 2.

Different situation. However, after talking with a friend that knows the inner-workings of the CBA, Shaehan is playoff eligible because Detroit owned his rights since the draft, he was not a free agent. It's irrelevant his contract was signed after the trade deadline.

Here it is from the horse's mouth:

That's correct that Sheahan would be eligible for the playoffs. We've owned his rights since we drafted him and he hasn't played in a foreign league. The playoff ineligibility thing comes from preventing some primadonna free agent from sitting out until April of each year and waiting to sign a big contract with whatever team he thinks has the best chance of winning the cup. It also ends up kind of hurting guys like Turco who was simply signed as an emergency guy by the Bruins, but the difference is in the UFA status.
Edited by rrasco

From freep article:

Radulov, who returned from Russia last month after bolting from the Predators in 2008, did not skate on Monday. Neither did defenseman Hal Gill and forward Brandon Yip. Coach Barry Trotz said the three players had a “maintenance” day, but he expected the trio to return to practice on Tuesday.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120410/SPORTS05/120410045/1053/sports05?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FreepDetroitRedWings+%28freep.com+|+Detroit+Red+Wings%29

Edited by Din758