• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PredsFanTheBayouState

nashville predators keep the red out campaign

Rate this topic

Predators announce pro shop deal; will donate surrendered jerseys to charity…

Preds-pro-shop-jersey-620x250.jpg

The Nashville Predators go "all-in" again. This time at the Predators Pro Shop inside Bridgestone Arena.

When Executive Vice President and Chief Sales Officer Chris Parker went on 102.5 The Game's First Quarter show Tuesday morning, he unveiled an exciting marketing plan in an effort to further their "Keep the Red Out" campaign.

"We want to start motivating people to go gold," Parker said. "We know there are a lot of Red Wings fans who have migrated to the area. We want to convert those people. Starting today, if you're a Red Wings fan and you're ready to really commit to the Predators… we will give you 50% off a Predators jersey if you exchange your Red Wings jersey."

The Pro Shop should see a fair spike in sales due to this promotion but, even more so, the Nashville organization should see a tremendous spike in PR value. Why? Because of what Parker unveiled next.

"We're going to take those jersey's that we collect," Parker explained, "we're going to clean them, dry clean them, wash them and we're going to send them back to Detroit to a worthy charity."

The good news for regular Predators fans is that you're not left out of the promotion. You can buy a home gold Predators jersey for 20% off the regular price.

That's almost as bad as that loser blogger in Phoenix that two years in a row BEGGED Wings fans not to wear red during the Coyote's "White Out" games at home. I say almost, because at least this campaign will donate the traded in jerseys to a Detroit charity.

They will probably get some people who take advantage of the deal, but I'm not sure any of them are truly "committing to the Predators". I've got more than a few spare jerseys, and if I had any kind of interest in the Nashville franchise, I might be tempted to take advantage.

IF...

That's pretty fantastic, no pun intended. Of course I'd question anyone who took advantage of this promotion, but I still think it's a great idea. Despite the fact that I hope we freaking destroy you in the playoffs, I have to give a continued hat off to the Preds organization. You guys do more with less than anyone else in the NHL. Unless you're playing the red and white, I'm rooting for you.

Pffft! No Red Wing fan would ever trade in the Crest of Champions for some ugly ass mustard sweater! <_<

it may look like mustard to you,but to me it is gold and the most creative jersey in the nhl.

if there are wings fans out there that want to trade in their red wings jersey for a preds jersey,let them,it is their money and their decision

i had actually forgotten that brett lebda once played for the preds

I was still thinking he did. I actually had to look it up.

I think there's a reason that we're both in the playoffs and Columbus isn't. Who knew the Power of Lebda?

I'm really torn over what to wear to game 2. I have a white Lidstrom jersey, but I also have one of those red Datsyuk t-shirt jerseys.

it may look like mustard to you,but to me it is gold and the most creative jersey in the nhl.

if there are wings fans out there that want to trade in their red wings jersey for a preds jersey,let them,it is their money and their decision

It's almost as ugly as that ceamsicle orange UT wears.

as someone who's moved from Detroit and become a fan of a more local team, I would still never trade in a Red Wings jersey to get a discount on a new team's. It feels to much like renouncing your Red Wings fandom. :P

If anything, the most trade ins will probably be from Preds fans that hit ebay up for a dirty used 15 dollar 90's wings jersey and get a super cheap new Predators jersey.

I still think this is a nice promotion though.

If I were going to one of the games in Nashville, I would probably trade in one of my old blanks if I didn't have to settle for the yellow home jersey.

That jersey is seriously hideous. It's not the worst in the league, but its down there for sure.

And I'm not saying this just to be a jerk, but the first time I seen a game with the Preds wearing that s***, it was like staring at the sun.

Awful.

Hey now....it's called burnt orange. I'm willing to bet you have a 'Roll Tide' sticker on your car don't you? :hehe:

the texas longhorns wear burnt orange,tennessee vols wear orange and i am still not over the embarrassment that tide gave lsu in bcs game,revenge against the tide is coming nov 3rd in baton rouge

Considering that the Preds are recipients of charity from Detroit through revenue sharing, it's nice that they're returning the favor in some way.

That's why it makes so much sense to sign Weber or Suter. If some of Illitch's money is going to those guys, they might as well be playing for the Wings. :D

Hey now....it's called burnt orange. I'm willing to bet you have a 'Roll Tide' sticker on your car don't you? :hehe:

I was talking about Tennessee, not Texas. However, I am a bama fan, but I don't have any stickers on my vehicle.

the texas longhorns wear burnt orange,tennessee vols wear orange and i am still not over the embarrassment that tide gave lsu in bcs game,revenge against the tide is coming nov 3rd in baton rouge

I just assumed he meant Texas. Texas lost to Alabama not too long ago as well, so I feel you there. Would have helped if McCoy could have played more than a few downs though.

Ok...back on topic....

If anything, the most trade ins will probably be from Preds fans that hit ebay up for a dirty used 15 dollar 90's wings jersey and get a super cheap new Predators jersey.

I still think this is a nice promotion though.

If I were going to one of the games in Nashville, I would probably trade in one of my old blanks if I didn't have to settle for the yellow home jersey.

That jersey is seriously hideous. It's not the worst in the league, but its down there for sure.

And I'm not saying this just to be a jerk, but the first time I seen a game with the Preds wearing that s***, it was like staring at the sun.

Awful.

Makes you wonder what color jersey came in 2nd!