• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Blue Jackets lose lottery

Rate this topic

edmonton should gtfo and trade MPS for something to help their D so they can play half decent D. like seriously they have 3 lines now of forwards that are young and first round picks. why the f*** would you not work on the D other than to tank and pick up more pieces. They already have the young offensive talent now to trade for a solid Dman but they are getting greedy now.

edmonton should gtfo and trade MPS for something to help their D so they can play half decent D. like seriously they have 3 lines now of forwards that are young and first round picks. why the f*** would you not work on the D other than to tank and pick up more pieces. They already have the young offensive talent now to trade for a solid Dman but they are getting greedy now.

Oh well let them play with s***ty D and wait a few years when they can only afford half the young guys they have. I do think that it is stupid of them to have not picked up an elite d-man tho. I guess they will address that next year when they win the lottery again. TOTAL BS!

Guest irishock

Edmonton is pulling a Pittsburgh against us. I believe in a few years they will be presented the Clarence in our arena.

Sucks to be the Blue Jackets. Oilers definitely building the same way Pittsburgh did, and its a bit irritating to watch. Play s***ty enough for 3 years, and you'll be a contender in 5 years (unless you have equally s***ty lottery luck :P). I don't know what the alternative is, but kind of silly to think that the worst teams in the league - which ironically are there in the first place due to poor drafting and development - will always have a brighter future than bubble teams who compete and tread water.

Could the lottery be expanded, with similar scaling of odds, to include teams finishing 30-20 in points? That way, at least a bubble team that had a good showing, like Colorado or Winnipeg, can have a slim shot at obtaining a franchise-changing player that could propel them from mediocrity to contention in a single year, instead of allowing a team like Pittsburgh or Edmonton to go belly up for a half-decade, stockpile high picks, and be granted the 180 degree turnaround by default.

Sucks to be the Blue Jackets. Oilers definitely building the same way Pittsburgh did, and its a bit irritating to watch. Play s***ty enough for 3 years, and you'll be a contender in 5 years (unless you have equally s***ty lottery luck :P). I don't know what the alternative is, but kind of silly to think that the worst teams in the league - which ironically are there in the first place due to poor drafting and development - will always have a brighter future than bubble teams who compete and tread water.

Could the lottery be expanded, with similar scaling of odds, to include teams finishing 30-20 in points? That way, at least a bubble team that had a good showing, like Colorado or Winnipeg, can have a slim shot at obtaining a franchise-changing player that could propel them from mediocrity to contention in a single year, instead of allowing a team like Pittsburgh or Edmonton to go belly up for a half-decade, stockpile high picks, and be granted the 180 degree turnaround by default.

I agree with this. And it should also be a reduction in your percent chance if you already picked first the year before. i remember (maybe) a year where chicago moved up from 5th to 1st pick in the lottery and took kane? Thats kinda bulls***, all teams should get a chance (even if slim) to grab a good pick.

Seriously though! Whats the longest run for teams winning the lottery?

Quebec Nordiques also won 3 years straight from 1989-1991, winning the Cup 5 years later after moving to Colorado. Interestingly enough, they made more hay from trading the players they picked 1st overall than they got from the players themselves. Their 1st overalls from 1989-1991 were Mats Sundin (traded to Toronto in 1994), Owen Nolan (traded for Sandis Ozolinsh in the franchises first season in Denver), and Eric Lindros (who forced them to trade his rights, nabbing them Peter Forsberg, Chris Simon, Mike Ricci, Steve Duchesne, and two 1st rounders), respectively.

Those were CRAZY days! (Too young to remember them, but yay internets!)

Something tells me they'll choose forward again. Yakupov :) This guy models his game after "good conadian boys", "plays inspiring hockey" and unfortunately can't keep his head up just like Taylor Hall.

I think this actually helps Columbus. I thnk over the long run Grigorenko may turn out to be a better player than Yakupov, the same way Malkin has eclipsed Ovechkin and Seguin seems to be overtaking Hall. Unless there is a big difference between players, I'd rather go for the centre anyway.

FIXED!!!!

Can anyone say Nash to EDM for a first rnd pick?

That would be rather interesting. What would you do if you were the CBJ with the top 2 picks? Do you go for Nail and Galchenuyk since they have chemistry and like playing together? Or do you scoop up Grigorenko? Go after a defenseman? Or is there a quality goalie to be had for trade with one of those picks?

I feel bad for the Blue Jackets. Sheesh the Oilers. If they can't do something with 3 number picks then they should definitely give it up.

I would actually like to see the picking of the balls rather then the way they do it.

Same here, primarily because when I sit at my computer in my foil hat I just plain don't trust it :P "What's that? SEE the lottery draw? Oh... ermm.... no we've already done it! Ahhh too bad, you should have been here 5 minutes ago. Oh by the way, you get nothing, they get it all again" hehe. Wouldn't be surprised if the league tried to 'help' one of their historically bigger franchises, but then again I'm paranoid.

If they really are trying to 'do a Pittsburgh', then I hope they fail and just continue to suck.

EDIT: clarification

Edited by Wing Across The Pond