• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Predators 3

Rate this topic

Helm is out with an upper body injury. Really hope his wrist isn't cut badly, or maybe there just taking precautions on the knee by taking him out. A ******* shame, because him and Dano were looking great out there banging bodies. Taking out Helm makes the guys around him less physical and effective, ffffssss

Hard to judge anything after that period because it was almsot all penalties.... that was honestly one of the worst officated periods of hockey I have ever seen.... Gary Bettman should be banned from all nhl games because it is no coincidence that this many penalties have been called with him in attendance.

Anyways, the Wings were lacking energy that period. The lines had little flow, but as I said with so little time for 5 on 5 hockey it is hard to judge. One thing i did notice was the Wings could NOT WIN FACEOFFS!!! As I said before, Pavel can't play center because his wrist is clearly bugging him and he is winning zero faceoffs. Best thing for Babs to do is put Pavs and Haank together so Hank can take the faceoffs and Fil, Franzen, Huds on the 2nd line. It did wonders in our last game...

Did they say what the injury was?

they haven't mentioned it on NBC sports.

It's playoffs and it's the Red Wings. You get upper or lower body injury from the team. However, they say he took a skate to the wrist but no details about how bad it is.

And Helm won't return.

I just keep thinking back to that wonderful trade deadline...

It's definitely on Holland if we lose.

The moment he settled for second round playoff losses, is the moment he forgot this organization has higher expectations.

The Abby call was a little soft, but what is going on with this guy? Did he forget how to play hockey? I thought he was suppose to be a clone of Helm that can finish. Dude has been invisible for a number of games.

We still have 2 more periods...Babcock and the Wings will adjust. Dats and Z will take over in the 2nd. I still have rum and a bucket of ice so I'm not worried.

That's the way to do it.

I can see this going to OT. Unfortunately there is no shootout and we haven't been able to do much in extra time in games this year which is why we are not playing this game at home to begin with.

It's definitely on Holland if we lose.

The moment he settled for second round playoff losses, is the moment he forgot this organization has higher expectations.

Good lord, when the hell did I start agreeing with you? :lol:

Sucks that Helm is out already. :( He'll be back for Game 2 though, I'd be shocked if he wasn't.

Despite all the crazyness in the first period with the ridiculous amount of penalties, I think the Wings look good and will only get better throughout the game. Let's score some goals early on and keep 'em coming!!

GO WINGS!!!!