• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Predators 3

Rate this topic

If Shanahan doesn't suspend Weber, then I'll loose all respect I had for him.

People unaffiliated with the Wings are even calling for a suspension on that. I still doubt we see it, though. Shanny, as much as I like him, is still under Bettman's thumb.

im done with mule. you got ******* holmstrom out there working harder then mule. with or without the goal he bust his ass every shift.

i would rather have a guy who works his ass off every game then one who shows up when he feels like it.

i need some news about helmer. he can make or break this team with his forecheck alone

everyone mad a weber is just butthurt we dont have guys who do stuff like that on our team.

Sorry, but that's ridiculous. That was a blatant cheap shot that could have seriously injured Z. No one wants a player like that on the Wings.

Playoff hockey! Heart always racing till they win it all or bow out. Disappointed, BUT plenty to be excited about. Had our chances and didnt bury them and imo it took puck luck from the preds to win it.

We're not supposed to win em all on the road...calm down and enjoy the ride!

a punch would be fine in my book. but when you grab someones head and push it into the glass its crossing the line.

Ya if thats not a suspension then I'm giving up on the NHL. Huge joke. So inconsistent with penalties. God I'm so frustrated with the bounces and the BS we deserved better tonight! Preds literally had 2 chances in the third, but yet again it seems like every single mistake we make ends up in our net, while we dominate like crazy and there goalie makes miraculous saves. As well as d-men blocking open nets when there not even looking. With that said I loved the Wings game and have ever bit of confidence if the play like they did tonight they will win game 2 and will win this series. (Very happy with Abby and Cleary tonight)

Absolutely. Wings PK handled the Preds PP, Jimmy was great, they just got fluke goals. They're a good team but Wings are more than able to take this series.

Gotta say though, Emmerton is a waste of space. Get Nyquist in there. And talk some sense into Stuart.

Hopefully Datsyuk wakes up, I hate to say it but he's gotta step up. Doesn't look like he's 100%.

Good effort by the Wings and hopefully they take Game 2.

Datsyuk had chances. but he also was trying to pass too much. Some times he should just deke.

Agreed. Rinne is that kind of goaltender. Hell, he's always been that kind of goaltender against us.

I personally thought Rinne was pretty shaky actually. A lot of luck helped the score stay that way. There were a lot of shots he juggled or gave up huge rebounds on and just mis-read in general. I have no doubt we'll take them next game,

Absolutely. Wings PK handled the Preds PP, Jimmy was great, they just got fluke goals. They're a good team but Wings are more than able to take this series.

Gotta say though, Emmerton is a waste of space. Get Nyquist in there. And talk some sense into Stuart.

Hopefully Datsyuk wakes up, I hate to say it but he's gotta step up. Doesn't look like he's 100%.

Good effort by the Wings and hopefully they take Game 2.

All of this is true. Datsyuk looked good besides the faceoff circle. His wingers are s***. Game 1 of Round 1 and Franzen was soft as wet bread.

Outside of "Go f*** Yourself Shea Weber", we need more speed and skill next game. Hopefully Helm is ready to go, get Nyquist in for Emmerton, and for the love of god someone pound Weber's face and swing the momentum of this series before it goes any further to Nashville's side.

You must have missed the hockey game between the Red Wings and Predators while you were watching the Penguins.

ye you just watch yr ******* beloved emerton and the company playing NHL hockey, NO desire No heart No respect for the game, just a bunch of boys runing around or better say pushed around.

I see it's troll city around here. Great effort tonight but a loss is a loss. One big thing I noticed is that someone has to take Bert's spot on the top line. I don't care if it's Cleary at 50% or Homer or Gordie Howe, someone has to put a little more effort in than that.

I feel like every playoffs that we end up losing, its because of a goalie who just plays notches above their skill level against us. We never lose when its just the other team out playing us, straight up...

I guess it sounds stupid, goalie is huge part of any win I guess...

Weber won't get suspended and the Wings won't do anything about it, because Babcock and Holland instruct their team not to fight and make sure we don't have the personnel for it in case some dickhead rams our star player's head into the boards.

Sick of everything.

And so much for us making a push for Weber next season.

It's s*** like this that will hopefully make these retards running the team discovet that having a guy or two that would beat him to a ******* pulp wouldn't be a horrible idea. Weber fully realizes nobody will do anything about it. Given the a second chance, he would do the same thing.

What the f*** is Gaustad going after Datsyuk for? We all know he can't beat anyone else in a fight. He's there for the draws. ***** won't even fight anymore.

Sick of seeing this team get their asses knocked around on the scoreboard, and at the end of the ******* game.

everyone mad a weber is just butthurt we dont have guys who do stuff like that on our team.

Id love to have guys like VLADDY again. Fischer as well. We had guys like that and they helped us win many games.

Weber takes a gamble, sends a message and knows he has a game if hand IF the league comes down on him (not likely). Its going to depend on the call at the end of the game. If It was called a Gross Misconduct (a match penalty) then its automatic one game. If its not, then it might not end up with a suspension.

Tough play and we will see how the Wings respond. We used to have it, now we will see what kind of guts this team has.

Are we entertaining the idea that Helm could be back at some point this series?

I'm guessing no. If it wasn't serious, he wouldn't have gone to the hospital, they could of stitched up a minor cut in the locker room. I'd say there's a good chance he's out the rest of the playoffs if something similar to what happened to modano happened to him.