• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Predators 3

Rate this topic

Win.

One game played: down one game. Thud! (((sigh))) Really one sided officiating (so what else is new, eh?) is partly responsible but plainly the Plods played tough, too. Anyway, the PK was solid, -- golly, it had to be -- the loss notwithstanding. Puzzles me why the Wings struggle to win in that building, though. Seems like they always have.

Edited by swptwo

If it were one of Nashville's scrubs that did it they might get a game or two, but since it was Weber he might get a fine but will not be suspended. Anyone remember the 2nd round in '09 when Niedermayer gave Datsyuk a blatant elbow to the head at the end of game 6?(he of course faced no discipline whatsoever) Bettman will not suspend any star player unless he absolutely cannot avoid it

oh, and Weber won't face any reprisal from any Wings' player either, this team doesn't have anybody for that

And don't forget Malkin in 2009!

Never worked in the first place.

Those "useless 4th liners" on Nashville sure made us look bad tonight. Bourque, Halischuk, Yip, and even that retard Gaustad had good games. First goal wouldn't have happened if Gaustad and company didn't get in on the forecheck and cause the turnover.

Definitely.

Both goals were a result of their guys winning puck battles behind the net and throwing it out front. Some dull people here call it luck, but that's how playoff goals are scored. Winning puck battles and getting rewarded with bounces.

But I can't blame our 4th line for blowing this game. The Datsyuk line was terrible all game and Babcock needs to change things up.

Stuart needs to either unpack his bags or sit. He was on the ice for both goals and lost those puck battles.

Things i noticed from tonight.

Helm is our bottom 6.

Aside from size, Rinne is average at best.

#40 and # 13 are the top 6.

Stuart obviously can't handle a long distance relationship.

I'll take Holmstrom at 39 years old over Emmerton, and Hudler at any age.

I want to say something good about Franzen.... but i can't.

How to beat the Wings? clog the middle and goon it up.

71 page GDT good effort LGW.

Good effort from the wings, I'm actually more confident moving forward in this series now than I was before game 1 started.

Especially when Webber gets suspended (you would think so anyway)

Go Wings!

My view of the game:

Absolutely ridiculous calls BOTH ways by the refs. Some of the penalties weren't even penalties. Why does this stupid ref s*** happen in round one every year? It's like they decide to call every ******* thing in the Wings series (don't know if it goes on in the other round 1 series the past several years).

The wings weren't that bad, but they had 1 bad defensive play that cost them the game winner. Otherwise they matched Nashville I thought. The wings still aren't playing like they can. They didn't get much of anything on Rinne. On the rare occasion they got second shots on goal they almost scored or did score. They really have to pressure more. They better steal game 2 otherwise there will be a lot of panic. We are better at home but we have been losing home games as well.

Nashville isn't that great of a team in my view. They're scrappy but they aren't a 'great' team by any means. They're no vancouver-like team.

It's frustrating to watch every 2 or 3 minutes another penalty being called. The refs have GOT to use discretion. It was ridiulous.

I will say this about the wings, their style worked very well for them pre salary cap and for the first couple of years, but now teams have adjusted. Today's hockey is more about speed and grinding games out than high skill talent. I think the wings FINALLY have to go the route of getting bigger and faster. The flashy plays don't work anymore. Teams like nashville clog up everything so those flashy plays only work when the other team breaks down.

I never bought into us needing to be bigger and hit more, but I think as this salary cap era goes on, that'll become more and more important.

It's sad when getting a 3rd/4th liner back in Helm is sooo crucial to the team. Losing one or two of those guys was never a problem in years past.

Edited by Firehawk

Definitely.

Both goals were a result of their guys winning puck battles behind the net and throwing it out front. Some dull people here call it luck, but that's how playoff goals are scored. Winning puck battles and getting rewarded with bounces.

But I can't blame our 4th line for blowing this game. The Datsyuk line was terrible all game and Babcock needs to change things up.

Stuart needs to either unpack his bags or sit. He was on the ice for both goals and lost those puck battles.

he was on the ice for all 3 goals and looked horrible all night, hope he does indeed bolt for the west coast in the summer; to me he turned one decent playoff run in '08 into a 4 yr. $15mil pile of s***... mediocre s***

Don't take moral victories LGW Rinne made some insane saves and we gave up 3 s*** goals, two of which that were the definition of fluke. Friday is going to be really really important obviously. Zetterberg can't win a series himself. And lo And behold the goal that did us in was a result of bad team defense that's the difference between now and 08...Oh and Franzen being completely invisible that he makes Joe Thornton look clutch.

can someone just run over that pice of s*** by name Beber or Weber

I feel you, but that's not how this team is coached.

Personally, I'd like to see someone pull a "Nancy Kerrigan" on his knee before the game.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Definitely.

Definitely can't blame the 4th line. Dats had a few chances, but blew a couple key important faceoffs in Nashville's zone late.

The refs destroyed the flow. To be honest, only 3 or 4 of those penalties were actual penalties.

Say what you want about Homer, but he had a good game. Causing problems in front, and ultimately gets rewarded.

he was on the ice for all 3 goals and looked horrible all night, hope he does indeed bolt for the west coast in the summer; to me he turned one decent playoff run in '08 into a 4 yr. $15mil pile of s***... mediocre s***

He has been dead to me since the '09 playoffs.

Bad luck and bad officiating is a recipe for disaster.

On the bright side it's only one game. And if the statistical law of averages holes true the Preds won't be getting bounces again for a while. Without those lucky goals the Preds also had no offense going. I don't think we should be worried yet. Still lots of positives looking forward.

I want Bertuzzi to paralyze that motherf***er Weber. :ranting:

And I want his kids sitting in the front row to see it.

why would you want bertuzzi to paralyze shea weber,after what he went through after the steve moore hit.

i would never wish harm on another player

shame on you

Don't take moral victories LGW Rinne made some insane saves and we gave up 3 s*** goals, two of which that were the definition of Stuart being lazy. Friday is going to be really really important obviously. Zetterberg can't win a series himself. And lo And behold the goal that did us in was a result of bad team defense that's the difference between now and 08...Oh and Franzen being completely invisible that he makes Joe Thornton look clutch.

Fixed.

I saw a good effort tonight. I saw two Nashville goals that got the lucky bounce and went in. Good for them, bad for us. But they were quirky goals. Great when they happen but you can't pay the mortgage with them. The Wings held their top guys in check. The Wings scored two powerplay goals from frontline PP guys. Play a little smarter on the walls and watch those passes back behind the net, clean up the lazy penalties and I'd say the Wings have a great shot at game 2.

It's not a series until you lose your first home game.

Does anyone know, are the Predator fans chanting "It's all your fault, it's all your fault" at Howard at some point after a goal? I used to do that at University of Michigan games in the late 80's when Denny Felsner and Aaron Ward were cutting their teeth. Cripes, get an original cheer Nashvillle.

My view of the game:

Absolutely ridiculous calls BOTH ways by the refs. Some of the penalties weren't even penalties. Why does this stupid ref s*** happen in round one every year? It's like they decide to call every ******* thing in the Wings series (don't know if it goes on in the other round 1 series the past several years).

The wings weren't that bad, but they had 1 bad defensive play that cost them the game winner. Otherwise they matched Nashville I thought. The wings still aren't playing like they can. They didn't get much of anything on Rinne. On the rare occasion they got second shots on goal they almost scored or did score. They really have to pressure more. They better steal game 2 otherwise there will be a lot of panic. We are better at home but we have been losing home games as well.

Nashville isn't that great of a team in my view. They're scrappy but they aren't a 'great' team by any means. They're no vancouver-like team.

It's frustrating to watch every 2 or 3 minutes another penalty being called. The refs have GOT to use discretion. It was ridiulous.

absolutely agree