• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Predators 3

Rate this topic

Wings didn't play to their potential but also they weren't awful. Howard had a solid game he was just unlucky as was Detroit in general in that game.

Few things:

Don't need Emmerton on the ice ever again, Nyquist needs to be in the lineup.

Ericsson or Quincey out for Smith. Don't care which one really.

Oh and the Shea Weber situation, I hope he is not suspended so the Wings have some motivation.

WINGS IN 6... Count it

The problem is that we don't have anyone to center the fourth line. Unless you want to put Filppula on the third line and have Abdelkader go down to the fourth?

Guest Crymson

Also why oh why is Emmerton out there contributing nothing as usual?!?!

Had Helm not been injured, Emmerton playing center on the 4th line would have allowed Abdelkader to play his crash-and-bang game on the wing.

The problem is that we don't have anyone to center the fourth line. Unless you want to put Filppula on the third line and have Abdelkader go down to the fourth?

Franzen can play center.

Edited by GMRwings1983

hope Babcock wises up earlier than he usually does and mixes the lines up, esp. if Helm is gonna be out again for a while; someone said bring Nyqvist up, I second that; hell, bench Corey Emmerton and his uselessness and bring Sheahan up, at least he's big

Before benching him, have Emmerton charge and cross-check Weber's head into the boards. When he gets suspended, it will be of little consequence.

I can deal with that, Flip has really grown this season and i could see him making those guys better.

Guest Crymson

It's absolutely incredible that not one Detroit player went after Weber after what he did to Zetterberg. What a team Holland and Babcock have designed. Unbelievable. I don't think that either will be around much longer.

Yes, yes... this level of success isn't good enough, the season ticket holders will be getting angry, Ilitch will be forced to make changes and fire men who rank amongst the undisputed best at their respective positions. We've heard it all before numerous times, and it's just as nonsensical now as it was the first time you said it.

Guest irishock

Franzen can play center.

Edit: misread

Edited by irishock

Guest Crymson

hope Babcock wises up earlier than he usually does and mixes the lines up, esp. if Helm is gonna be out again for a while; someone said bring Nyqvist up, I second that; hell, bench Corey Emmerton and his uselessness and bring Sheahan up, at least he's big

Sheahan signed his contract after the deadline. He's not eligible.

Wings didn't play to their potential but also they weren't awful. Howard had a solid game he was just unlucky as was Detroit in general in that game.

Few things:

Don't need Emmerton on the ice ever again, Nyquist needs to be in the lineup.

Ericsson or Quincey out for Smith. Don't care which one really.

Oh and the Shea Weber situation, I hope he is not suspended so the Wings have some motivation.

WINGS IN 6... Count it

Ericsson was great tonight and has been since returning. Stuart and White were the worst d-men by far. I'm not suggesting either of them should sit, but to say E should is completely unfair. I don't know what more Ericsson could do lately. This is some of the best hockey in his career.

Ericsson was great tonight and has been since returning. Stuart and White were the worst d-men by far. I'm not suggesting either of them should sit, but to say E should is completely unfair. I don't know what more Ericsson could do lately. This is some of the best hockey in his career.

Disagree, he took a bad penalty, didn't use his big body enough as usual and couldn't properly clear the puck when he got out of the box. He wasn't the worst but for how much he got paid this season im going to say, Smith > Ericsson, all day every day.

Babcock either needs to play Hank and Pavs together or Kenny needs to find Pavs a LEGITIMATE WINGER in the offseason because Franzen simply does not cut it.

Other than that I think the Wings have a lot going for them in game 2. I think that that cheap shot by Weber will turn out to be the difference maker of the series because all Weber did was tick the Wings off... not a smart thing to do. GO WINGS!

Disagree, he took a bad penalty, didn't use his big body enough as usual and couldn't properly clear the puck when he got out of the box. He wasn't the worst but for how much he got paid this season im going to say, Smith > Ericsson, all day every day.

That's just plain wrong. I'm a fan of Smith and wished he got more playing time, but he's done little to show he's better than Ericsson out there on a nightly basis. I think he'll leapfrog ahead of him in the pairings eventually as an offensive defenseman. But he's not there yet

E was solid tonight. Quincey was ok. Stuart and Kronwall were the shakiest pairing by far. Stuart losing a puck battle behind his net. Kronwall not picking up his man in the slot.

Babcock either needs to play Hank and Pavs together or Kenny needs to find Pavs a LEGITIMATE WINGER in the offseason because Franzen simply does not cut it.

Other than that I think the Wings have a lot going for them in game 2. I think that that cheap shot by Weber will turn out to be the difference maker of the series because all Weber did was tick the Wings off... not a smart thing to do. GO WINGS!

Unless the Wings D-men are purposefully concealing their emotions, it doesn't SOUND like they are ticked off at all about the Weber hit. When Keating asked Kronwall and Stuart about the dirty hit, they answered in a wimpy, hushed tone of voice, similar to the tone you would use when reading a bed-time story to your kid. I doubt any of them have the balls to do anything about it.

Yah because they are professionals... they are not going to start some pointless verbal war. The Red Wings will take care of their business where it matters- - on the ice. I stand by saying the Wings will win in 5 or 6 games and the Preds are in trouble now that the Wings are not too happy.

Gave you a +1 on that one. True hockey fan right here, regardless of cheering for own team or not, realizes that a bad/poorly judged decision by his Captain should sit him a game or two.

Hats off sir.

And if a hockey message board wanted to have any credibility it would discipline any poster(s) calling for players to purposely injure other players.

That's just plain wrong. I'm a fan of Smith and wished he got more playing time, but he's done little to show he's better than Ericsson out there on a nightly basis. I think he'll leapfrog ahead of him in the pairings eventually as an offensive defenseman. But he's not there yet

E was solid tonight. Quincey was ok. Stuart and Kronwall were the shakiest pairing by far. Stuart losing a puck battle behind his net. Kronwall not picking up his man in the slot.

I may be just so fed up with Ericsson that i will never give him another chance. If Smith gets into the lineup he will make a difference, a positive one.