• Please log in to reply
1521 replies to this topic

#41 ace76

ace76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

I'm pissed , everyone is writing us off. 1 player out of 50 in tsn playoff draft is a wing (Datsyuk) Howard is ranked 16 out of 16 playoff teams in goaltending. I guess we come flying in under the radar and surprise the s*** out of everyone.Our boys need to come out with a good strong start and some serious f***in intensity. We can do this, I'm a believer. Sorry for the vulgar language but I am so f***in amped for this. With that being said I better get to the gym and work off some of this aggression.

Can't wait for this, LGRW!!!!!!!!!!:ranting: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

#42 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

I'm pissed , everyone is writing us off. 1 player out of 50 in tsn playoff draft is a wing (Datsyuk) Howard is ranked 16 out of 16 playoff teams in goaltending. I guess we come flying in under the radar and surprise the s*** out of everyone.Our boys need to come out with a good strong start and some serious f***in intensity. We can do this, I'm a believer. Sorry for the vulgar language but I am so f***in amped for this. With that being said I better get to the gym and work off some of this aggression.

Can't wait for this, LGRW!!!!!!!!!!:ranting: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

Does it really matter if they right us off? Same idiots who for the last 10 years have been saying we will have a down swing. The first 20 minutes of this series is going to tell us a lot about how this is going to shake down. Wings in 4 :clap:

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#43 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

I love the underdog mentality from all the critics!!! I bet our boys love it too! LGW!!!!!

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#44 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

If we don't win either Games 1 or 2 in Nashville I don't see us winning the series. We need to somehow win on the road. Heres hoping :thumbup:

#45 LivoniaGrinder

LivoniaGrinder

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

Yeah, I'm hoping that all this negative press and under-estimation will light some BIGTIME bonfires in the hearts of some of our players in this locker room. May the Hockey Gods be with us! May nashville's sticks break and crumble and may their skates be dull and slow!

LET'S GO RED WINGS!
--
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."

--Saul Tigh

#46 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

I am surprised that the experts are writing us off so easily, like hardcore. I guess it isn't that bad being the underdog.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#47 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,621 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

I'll have to miss the first period tonight.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#48 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

I went to the gym today in my Datsyuk t-shirt and my Red and White training shoes with a text that say 'Lidstrom' on one shoe and 'Yzerman' on the other. I will be wearing my Datsyuk jersey that is signed by Lidstrom while watching the game. My hype is reaching critical levels. Win or lose, I love the playoffs and I love my Wings.

No predictions, no hopes or fears, just faith. And hype. Soooo much hype.

Let's do this.

#49 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,621 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

Posted Image

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#50 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,456 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

^^^ enough said.

I LOL'd at this game being broadcast on the CNBC Money/Finance channel on the cable systems. Could they hide this sport any better? :P

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#51 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

Now this thing about how we're fading away? Well, we'll see about that. We'll find a way to make it happen. I don't know how. I just know we will. - Mike Babcock

It's time. Let's Go Red Wings! :octo:

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#52 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

Posted Image

I was at that game! Yay me.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#53 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

^^^ enough said.

I LOL'd at this game being broadcast on the CNBC Money/Finance channel on the cable systems. Could they hide this sport any better? :P

Actually it is the other way around, iirc ALL playoff games will be nationally televised this year, imo that is a big step forward.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#54 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,905 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

Actually it is the other way around, iirc ALL playoff games will be nationally televised this year, imo that is a big step forward.

I get that channel! That makes 2!

#55 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,621 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

So these things keep blowing my posts into deletion...I'm sorry, I can't help it. I'M AMPED!

Posted Image

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#57 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

A new season begins tonight. Wings will be fired up and in a way I like that the Wings are the "underdogs" Make em see red!! LETS GO RED WINGS :clap:
IPB Image

#58 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

Wings win 14-3, Datsyuk with a goal and 13 assists.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#59 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

Wings win 14-3, Datsyuk with a goal and 13 assists.

That's going to be expensive for me. Hell, I don't care at this point. JUST WIN!

#60 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

Hal Gil will be a gametime decision tonight.

https://twitter.com/#!/AnsarKhanMLive/status/190108970957029376

Trotz said Hal Gill will be a game-time decision

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."