WCQF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Predators 3

• Please log in to reply
1521 replies to this topic

#1361 arewhyayan

arewhyayan

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

Are we entertaining the idea that Helm could be back at some point this series?

#1362 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

everyone mad a weber is just butthurt we dont have guys who do stuff like that on our team.

Shut up, If a Wing did that I would be pisses. I will be one hot potato of weber is in next game.

#1363 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Absolutely. Wings PK handled the Preds PP, Jimmy was great, they just got fluke goals. They're a good team but Wings are more than able to take this series.

Gotta say though, Emmerton is a waste of space. Get Nyquist in there. And talk some sense into Stuart.

Hopefully Datsyuk wakes up, I hate to say it but he's gotta step up. Doesn't look like he's 100%.

Good effort by the Wings and hopefully they take Game 2.

Datsyuk had chances. but he also was trying to pass too much. Some times he should just deke.

#1364 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Agreed. Rinne is that kind of goaltender. Hell, he's always been that kind of goaltender against us.

I personally thought Rinne was pretty shaky actually. A lot of luck helped the score stay that way. There were a lot of shots he juggled or gave up huge rebounds on and just mis-read in general. I have no doubt we'll take them next game,

#1365 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

Absolutely. Wings PK handled the Preds PP, Jimmy was great, they just got fluke goals. They're a good team but Wings are more than able to take this series.

Gotta say though, Emmerton is a waste of space. Get Nyquist in there. And talk some sense into Stuart.

Hopefully Datsyuk wakes up, I hate to say it but he's gotta step up. Doesn't look like he's 100%.

Good effort by the Wings and hopefully they take Game 2.

All of this is true. Datsyuk looked good besides the faceoff circle. His wingers are s***. Game 1 of Round 1 and Franzen was soft as wet bread.

#1366 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,094 posts

Outside of "Go f*** Yourself Shea Weber", we need more speed and skill next game. Hopefully Helm is ready to go, get Nyquist in for Emmerton, and for the love of god someone pound Weber's face and swing the momentum of this series before it goes any further to Nashville's side.

#NOMOREKINDL

#1367 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Nashville played a great game. Could have been a lot worse. Looking forward to the next game.

I disagree. We deserved that game

#1368 redwashington2000

redwashington2000

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

You must have missed the hockey game between the Red Wings and Predators while you were watching the Penguins.

ye you just watch yrf****** beloved emerton and the company playing NHL hockey, NO desire No heart No respect for the game, just a bunch of boys runing around or better say pushed around.

#1369 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

you guys saying that you wouldn't want a guy who does cheap things on this team must have not watched them in the 80's and 90's
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#1370 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,073 posts

Anyone have video? I would love to see that again
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#1371 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

I see it's troll city around here. Great effort tonight but a loss is a loss. One big thing I noticed is that someone has to take Bert's spot on the top line. I don't care if it's Cleary at 50% or Homer or Gordie Howe, someone has to put a little more effort in than that.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#1372 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

I feel like every playoffs that we end up losing, its because of a goalie who just plays notches above their skill level against us. We never lose when its just the other team out playing us, straight up...

I guess it sounds stupid, goalie is huge part of any win I guess...

#1373 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Weber won't get suspended and the Wings won't do anything about it, because Babcock and Holland instruct their team not to fight and make sure we don't have the personnel for it in case some dickhead rams our star player's head into the boards.

Sick of everything.

And so much for us making a push for Weber next season.

It's s*** like this that will hopefully make these retards running the team discovet that having a guy or two that would beat him to af****** pulp wouldn't be a horrible idea. Weber fully realizes nobody will do anything about it. Given the a second chance, he would do the same thing.

What the f*** is Gaustad going after Datsyuk for? We all know he can't beat anyone else in a fight. He's there for the draws. ***** won't even fight anymore.

Sick of seeing this team get their asses knocked around on the scoreboard, and at the end of thef****** game.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1374 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

everyone mad a weber is just butthurt we dont have guys who do stuff like that on our team.

Id love to have guys like VLADDY again. Fischer as well. We had guys like that and they helped us win many games.

Weber takes a gamble, sends a message and knows he has a game if hand IF the league comes down on him (not likely). Its going to depend on the call at the end of the game. If It was called a Gross Misconduct (a match penalty) then its automatic one game. If its not, then it might not end up with a suspension.

Tough play and we will see how the Wings respond. We used to have it, now we will see what kind of guts this team has.

#1375 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Are we entertaining the idea that Helm could be back at some point this series?

I'm guessing no. If it wasn't serious, he wouldn't have gone to the hospital, they could of stitched up a minor cut in the locker room. I'd say there's a good chance he's out the rest of the playoffs if something similar to what happened to modano happened to him.

#1376 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

If Weber is playing in game 2, which he sould not be, I hope there is an implant of his face into the glass also. Or, I'd be satisfied with an extremely hard two hander to the knee. You know, whatever it takes to remove him from the game that he shouldn't be playing in. As long as he misses a game one way or another.

he should get 2-3 games for a blatant "head hit" but we'll see if they even look at it. we'll see if Shanny still has his by the book conviction in the post season or if he bails when it actually matters.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#1377 mmorland

mmorland

SRD Writer, Broadcaster

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

nice comeback by Philly tonight BTW
"I can't believe I shook this guys frickin' hand. We lost and I'm pissed off. But to see Kris Draper's face makes me sick. I didn't see his face until after the game, but his face is turned sideways. If the league doesn't do something about that ... I mean that's ridiculous. He could have broken his fricken neck."

-Dino Ciccarelli

#1378 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

you guys saying that you wouldn't want a guy who does cheap things on this team must have not watched them in the 80's and 90's

Which is exactly why guys that got their heads slammed into the boards in the 80's and 90's have brain damage and commit suicide and overdose on pain medication.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#1379 Winged Wheel

Winged Wheel

Prospect

• 42 posts

It was Ken Holland's job to better this team and he obviously hasn't done that. Where as other teams in the division have apparently improved as we saw tonight. I guess it all started when he let Hossa walk 2 seasons ago. He should be fired.

#1380 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

There is NEVER a time when a player should use his hands to grab another player's head and smash it into the boards. Not even in a fight. And especially not as the game is ending. And especially not when he doesn't even have the puck.