• Please log in to reply
1521 replies to this topic

#1421 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

Bad luck and bad officiating is a recipe for disaster.

On the bright side it's only one game. And if the statistical law of averages holes true the Preds won't be getting bounces again for a while. Without those lucky goals the Preds also had no offense going. I don't think we should be worried yet. Still lots of positives looking forward.

#1422 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

I want Bertuzzi to paralyze that motherf***er Weber. :ranting:

And I want his kids sitting in the front row to see it.

why would you want bertuzzi to paralyze shea weber,after what he went through after the steve moore hit.

i would never wish harm on another player

shame on you

#1423 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

Don't take moral victories LGW Rinne made some insane saves and we gave up 3 s*** goals, two of which that were the definition of Stuart being lazy. Friday is going to be really really important obviously. Zetterberg can't win a series himself. And lo And behold the goal that did us in was a result of bad team defense that's the difference between now and 08...Oh and Franzen being completely invisible that he makes Joe Thornton look clutch.

Fixed.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1424 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

I saw a good effort tonight. I saw two Nashville goals that got the lucky bounce and went in. Good for them, bad for us. But they were quirky goals. Great when they happen but you can't pay the mortgage with them. The Wings held their top guys in check. The Wings scored two powerplay goals from frontline PP guys. Play a little smarter on the walls and watch those passes back behind the net, clean up the lazy penalties and I'd say the Wings have a great shot at game 2.

It's not a series until you lose your first home game.

Does anyone know, are the Predator fans chanting "It's all your fault, it's all your fault" at Howard at some point after a goal? I used to do that at University of Michigan games in the late 80's when Denny Felsner and Aaron Ward were cutting their teeth. Cripes, get an original cheer Nashvillle.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#1425 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

My view of the game:

Absolutely ridiculous calls BOTH ways by the refs. Some of the penalties weren't even penalties. Why does this stupid ref s*** happen in round one every year? It's like they decide to call everyf****** thing in the Wings series (don't know if it goes on in the other round 1 series the past several years).

The wings weren't that bad, but they had 1 bad defensive play that cost them the game winner. Otherwise they matched Nashville I thought. The wings still aren't playing like they can. They didn't get much of anything on Rinne. On the rare occasion they got second shots on goal they almost scored or did score. They really have to pressure more. They better steal game 2 otherwise there will be a lot of panic. We are better at home but we have been losing home games as well.

Nashville isn't that great of a team in my view. They're scrappy but they aren't a 'great' team by any means. They're no vancouver-like team.

It's frustrating to watch every 2 or 3 minutes another penalty being called. The refs have GOT to use discretion. It was ridiulous.

absolutely agree

#1426 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

I know it is a loss, but I feel better about the Red Wings chances now than before the game started.

I have no words for the officiating. That was the most frustrating part tonight.

Red Wings controlled the play at even strength (all 8 minutes of it) and won the special teams battle too. I am concerned that this resembled many of the games against the Sharks the past two years in the playoffs, but I'm pretty optimistic the Red Wings can even it up on Friday.

Datsyuk's line has to be better. Franzen and Bertuzzi were invisible. Wouldn't mind Nyquist back up there for Game 2 at all. Also, I know the penalties played a role, but playing with the lead again sometime this season would be nice. I think that's seven consecutive games now the Red Wings have never led.

Weber is a clown. There's no reason to do that. Your team just won the game and you slam a player's head into the boards there? What a moron. I hope Z is alright -- he was easily the best player on the ice.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#1427 redwashington2000

redwashington2000

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

I will say this about the wings, their style worked very well for them pre salary cap and for the first couple of years, but now teams have adjusted. Today's hockey is more about speed and grinding games out than high skill talent. I think the wings FINALLY have to go the route of getting bigger and faster. The flashy plays don't work anymore. Teams like nashville clog up everything so those flashy plays only work when the other team breaks down.

I never bought into us needing to be bigger and hit more, but I think as this salary cap era goes on, that'll become more and more important.

It's sad when getting a 3rd/4th liner back in Helm is sooo crucial to the team. Losing one or two of those guys was never a problem in years past.

All what the wings needs to do is to suck big time for 3-4 years and get the number 1 or 2 or 3 picks like s***sburg, Oilers, Washington, Blues, and the rest of lossers ander the Betf***ing supervision.

#1428 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

why would you want bertuzzi to paralyze shea weber,after what he went through after the steve moore hit.

i would never wish harm on another player

shame on you

Apparently your hero Shea Weber would, since he rammed Zetterberg's head into the glass on purpose.

I wipe a monkey's ass with Shea Weber and definitely wish injury on him. I could care less about that piece of garbage.

I feel no shame about this and want my feelings to be known clearly. Got it?

He has been dead to me since the '09 playoffs.

Exactly how I feel. I'll never forgive him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcFlp6kl508

#1429 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Gaustad is the one that killed us tonight. IF we can stop him we can take this series.

That guy WON every single critical faceoff. That includes some monsters on the 5 on 3 and late in the 6-5.

That guy is a huge reason if the Preds can get through us they might win the cup. Stevie Y and Draper were our guys like this. In key times when you need the puck turned over, bam they get it back.

Game Two will be critical, because if we can find a guy that Babs can trust to win against Gaustad we can head home and these type of games we will win. If we cant stop him I dont know if anyone in the league has a guy that can stop him, and this may be a team that will be in the Finals.

We will see what we are made of in game 2.

#1430 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,077 posts

Apparently your hero Shea Weber would, since he rammed Zetterberg's head into the glass on purpose.

I wipe a monkey's ass with Shea Weber and definitely wish injury on him. I could care less about that piece of garbage.

I feel no shame about this and want my feelings to be known clearly. Got it?

:lol: You'd be a great WWE personality.

#NOMOREKINDL

#1431 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

Wings withstood lopsided Powerplay chances and Helm going down early to just come up short. That's what Babs will be preaching.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#1432 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Oh, and if anyone really needs cheering up may I suggest the hockey conspiracy stylings of:

http://www.letsgopens.com

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#1433 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

So would Weber. Pretty good audition by slamming Z's head into the turnbuckle.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1434 Winged Wheel

Winged Wheel

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

It's absolutely incredible that not one Detroit player went after Weber after what he did to Zetterberg. What a team Holland and Babcock have designed. Unbelievable. I don't think that either will be around much longer.

#1435 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

Posted Image

Circa 1999-2006

Edited by GMRwings1983, 11 April 2012 - 10:17 PM.

#1436 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Without the pad puck luck we would have won this game. I thought we played well. Jimmy probably wants that second goal back.

The Weber bulls*** on Z at the end of the game needs to be addressed by the league, by tomorrow.

See you guys on Friday.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#1437 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,077 posts

Posted Image

Circa 1999-2006

If only we could hire ole' Hunter for Game 2 to kick the s*** out of Weber!

#NOMOREKINDL

#1438 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

It's absolutely incredible that not one Detroit player went after Weber after what he did to Zetterberg. What a team Holland and Babcock have designed. Unbelievable. I don't think that either will be around much longer.

Was there anything to be gained? Just get off the ice and regroup. Love it or hate it, this is how the Wings work and will continue to.

#1439 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,139 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

From the Forum Rules

II. Basic Forum DOs & DON'Ts

· DO post constructively. If you can't add anything meaningful to a discussion, don't bother.

Drunken rants that are just a string of profanity and insults will be deleted. As will personal attacks and all the other stuff pretty clearly spelled out in the forum rules.

Thanks.

#1440 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

All what the wings needs to do is to suck big time for 3-4 years and get the number 1 or 2 or 3 picks like s***sburg, Oilers, Washington, Blues, and the rest of lossers ander the Betf***ing supervision.

They don't need to do that. The wings organization is good at pulling out diamonds in lower rounds. THey aren't like s***sburgh, who has no ability to analyze talent and gets gifts from the league.

I do feel a little better now than before game 1, but we're still down 1-0 in the series, and their weapons will get some goals sooner or later.

What I'm frustrated with is:

1. I have lost confidence in the last couple of years in must-win games with the wings. They don't win many at all anymore, and they used to be money in those kinds of games.
2. They lack speed. Without Helm, they have no speed on their roster. Other teams have been outskating us for the last few months.
3. The referees HAVE GOT to let the teams decide the games. A penalty every 2 or 3 minutes is absurd. Stop calling this chincy crap. If there are obvious penalties, by all means make the call, but stop this crap where you can't even find it on the replay.
4. The bad bounces. The wings on the road have gotten sooo many bad bounces, you have to think it will turn around.
5. The lack of desire to go to the net. How many times on the power play did you see a wings player all the way out by the boards with room to move in but just stand still? MOVE IN!!!!!!! Hudler musta wasted 10-15 seconds standing with the puck where he could have moved toward the net and forced Nashville to react.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.