• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Predators 3

Rate this topic

:ranting: Bull s***, They are tring to take fighting out of hockey but it's ok to have bigger, tougher guys go after the non fighting more skillful players by slashing the s*** out of them and punching them in the back of the head followed by the old I'll just ram this guys face off the glass WWE move and hope no one notices.

Other than that s***, I thought the game was good, except reffing. Nashville got the better bounces and rinne kept them in it, otherwise I think we could have won. Cleary was awesome, I wish the top 6 would share his playoff enthusiasm. Not that they played bad, it's just Cleary and his line stood out more. PP looked pretty good as well.

Hopefully gaustad does something stupid like sucker Bert and then Berts goes on a power forward rampage for the next game.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I picked the Preds to win in 7 but watching last night, I am not impressed by the Preds. The difference in the game was 2 flukey goals. I think the Wings have a better chance in this series than I thought they did. The power play scored 2 goals. Lets focus on the positive. If we have any chance in this series, we MUST win Game 2.

Other than the couple of lucky goals for the Preds, Wings dominated this game. Rinne played very well last night. If the Wings play like that again tomorrow night it will be 1-1 going back to the Joe. I was impressed with our pk. Be nice to see someone smash Weber

Edited by wingslogo19

Guest Crymson

Fixed that for you :)

Not that he's not actually correct in this instance.

Hey, someone's got to be consistent :D

:ranting: Bull s***, They are tring to take fighting out of hockey but it's ok to have bigger, tougher guys go after the non fighting more skillful players by slashing the s*** out of them and punching them in the back of the head followed by the old I'll just ram this guys face off the glass WWE move and hope no one notices.

Other than that s***, I thought the game was good, except reffing. Nashville got the better bounces and rinne kept them in it, otherwise I think we could have won. Cleary was awesome, I wish the top 6 would share his playoff enthusiasm. Not that they played bad, it's just Cleary and his line stood out more. PP looked pretty good as well.

Hopefully gaustad does something stupid like sucker Bert and then Berts goes on a power forward rampage for the next game.

I don't think it's possible for Helm's injury to be intentional. It's really bad news not having him play, but no way could that have been on purpose. Having said that, I agree Cleary looked fired up and I was very happy for him that he felt good enough to lay it out there.

I'm not nearly as worried about this series today as I was yesterday before the game started. The Preds were on their heels for large stretches of the game and benefited from a couple of extremely lucky bounces. Wings take Game 2 and steal home ice.

I agree on all of the above. And as for Rinne being infallible, our boyz proved otherwise. Both Wings' goals were GOOD ones and totally non-flukey; and the traffic around his net was mostly great. I also agree we can definitely win tomorrow night. AND Sunday.

GO, RED WINGS!!

I don't think it's possible for Helm's injury to be intentional. It's really bad news not having him play, but no way could that have been on purpose. GO, RED WINGS!!

I'm not so sure, check out the vid in the Helm injury thread. Look how high Radupuke's leg kicks up when he knows he's gonna be hit. The guy's got a dirty reputation and it wasn't even that big of a hit. Accident my ass!

esteef

I picked the Preds to win in 7 but watching last night, I am not impressed by the Preds. The difference in the game was 2 flukey goals. I think the Wings have a better chance in this series than I thought they did. The power play scored 2 goals. Lets focus on the positive. If we have any chance in this series, we MUST win Game 2.

My thoughts exactly. Preds came out with a ton of jump, crowd was as intimidating as any crowd ever, Wings were flat as luke warm month old diet Vernors, and still it was 2 flukey goals and one breakdown. Go Wings, put this s*** to rest and move on to round two.

And no Wings jersey for Weber; he lost my vote for a future roster spot in Detroit.

I don't think it's possible for Helm's injury to be intentional. It's really bad news not having him play, but no way could that have been on purpose. Having said that, I agree Cleary looked fired up and I was very happy for him that he felt good enough to lay it out there.

I agree on all of the above. And as for Rinne being infallible, our boyz proved otherwise. Both Wings' goals were GOOD ones and totally non-flukey; and the traffic around his net was mostly great. I also agree we can definitely win tomorrow night. AND Sunday.

GO, RED WINGS!!

Not sure if you're talking about my little rant but when I said slash I didn't mean the slash on Helmsy, I meant the nice slash across the back of the legs to Datsyuk from gaustad while webber was trying to clean that smudge off the glass with Zetterbergs face.

I'm pissed off, and not because the Wings lost. That doesn't help, but to sum it up:

• Too many penalties, both ways
  • Weber sucks for his embellishment
  • We lost Helm, again
  • Weber sucks for his play on Z

Good post.

Since Helmer went down, I wanted to link a Helm video to an acquaintance, a Canadian transplant living in SC, who doesn't really know Helm or get to see him.

There are no good Helm highlight videos> There are a few that have a highlihgt or two, but none that include enough of his work, one that includes his "Shift for the Ages" PK vs Chicago along with the OT goal, and the Phoenix series hits and goals, and his numerous steals and breakaways, etc.

Hopefully, someone with more computer talent than I will put one together. He definitely has the material for a great video.

My thoughts exactly. Preds came out with a ton of jump, crowd was as intimidating as any crowd ever, Wings were flat as luke warm month old diet Vernors, and still it was 2 flukey goals and one breakdown. Go Wings, put this s*** to rest and move on to round two.

I actually thought the other way. We had control of the game, even on our first PP, then that Weber embellishment, I'd like to just consider it an even-up call, I guess. Once the game went 4on4, I thought we were okay, but momentum changed once they got on their PP. We went into a defensive shell and lost all the momentum we came out with. Even up to their first goal, I thought we played great and had everything in control. Then they found puck luck. I still think we had a pretty good game and if Nashville could barely edge out a 3-2 win on 2 fluky goals...then I'm not worried at all. We were down a body (two if you count Emmy). Tomorrow is a new game.

Guest Crymson

My thoughts exactly. Preds came out with a ton of jump, crowd was as intimidating as any crowd ever, Wings were flat as luke warm month old diet Vernors, and still it was 2 flukey goals and one breakdown.

And the team played with only 11 forwards.

Not sure if you're talking about my little rant but when I said slash I didn't mean the slash on Helmsy, I meant the nice slash across the back of the legs to Datsyuk from gaustad while webber was trying to clean that smudge off the glass with Zetterbergs face.

Yeah, I was and thanks for the explanation. And I missed the slash. Gotta check the recording again. :)

...The s***head. :angry:

Anybody else think that when rinne got hit by his own d-man and fumbled the puck into his net that it should have been a goal?

There was a quick whistle on the play, and rinne was still trying to control the puck when his own man rammed him and he dropped the puck into his own net. If not for the quick whistle I call that a goal

Disgusting. I don't know what pisses me off more; the fact you apparently think this is acceptable, or the fact that other people +1'd the post. Lose with some class and dignity. We're supposed to be better than that garbage.

No wonder I don't post in the GDTs much anymore.

I could care less. I meant what I said.

Guest irishock

Disgusting. I don't know what pisses me off more; the fact you apparently think this is acceptable, or the fact that other people +1'd the post. Lose with some class and dignity. We're supposed to be better than that garbage.

No wonder I don't post in the GDTs much anymore.

It's a damn internet forum.