• Please log in to reply
1521 replies to this topic

#1461 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Before benching him, have Emmerton charge and cross-check Weber's head into the boards. When he gets suspended, it will be of little consequence.

Pretty much.

New Orleans' Saints like. Ilitch will foot the bill.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1462 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

hope Babcock wises up earlier than he usually does and mixes the lines up, esp. if Helm is gonna be out again for a while; someone said bring Nyqvist up, I second that; hell, bench Corey Emmerton and his uselessness and bring Sheahan up, at least he's big

Sheahan signed his contract after the deadline. He's not eligible.

#1463 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

Wings didn't play to their potential but also they weren't awful. Howard had a solid game he was just unlucky as was Detroit in general in that game.

Few things:

Don't need Emmerton on the ice ever again, Nyquist needs to be in the lineup.

Ericsson or Quincey out for Smith. Don't care which one really.

Oh and the Shea Weber situation, I hope he is not suspended so the Wings have some motivation.

WINGS IN 6... Count it

Ericsson was great tonight and has been since returning. Stuart and White were the worst d-men by far. I'm not suggesting either of them should sit, but to say E should is completely unfair. I don't know what more Ericsson could do lately. This is some of the best hockey in his career.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#1464 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

Ericsson was great tonight and has been since returning. Stuart and White were the worst d-men by far. I'm not suggesting either of them should sit, but to say E should is completely unfair. I don't know what more Ericsson could do lately. This is some of the best hockey in his career.

Disagree, he took a bad penalty, didn't use his big body enough as usual and couldn't properly clear the puck when he got out of the box. He wasn't the worst but for how much he got paid this season im going to say, Smith > Ericsson, all day every day.

#1465 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

Babcock either needs to play Hank and Pavs together or Kenny needs to find Pavs a LEGITIMATE WINGER in the offseason because Franzen simply does not cut it.

Other than that I think the Wings have a lot going for them in game 2. I think that that cheap shot by Weber will turn out to be the difference maker of the series because all Weber did was tick the Wings off... not a smart thing to do. GO WINGS!

#1466 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

Disagree, he took a bad penalty, didn't use his big body enough as usual and couldn't properly clear the puck when he got out of the box. He wasn't the worst but for how much he got paid this season im going to say, Smith > Ericsson, all day every day.

That's just plain wrong. I'm a fan of Smith and wished he got more playing time, but he's done little to show he's better than Ericsson out there on a nightly basis. I think he'll leapfrog ahead of him in the pairings eventually as an offensive defenseman. But he's not there yet

E was solid tonight. Quincey was ok. Stuart and Kronwall were the shakiest pairing by far. Stuart losing a puck battle behind his net. Kronwall not picking up his man in the slot.

#1467 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

Helm played 3 minutes and had more of an impact on the game than Franzen. That is a problem.

#1468 Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

• PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

Babcock either needs to play Hank and Pavs together or Kenny needs to find Pavs a LEGITIMATE WINGER in the offseason because Franzen simply does not cut it.

Other than that I think the Wings have a lot going for them in game 2. I think that that cheap shot by Weber will turn out to be the difference maker of the series because all Weber did was tick the Wings off... not a smart thing to do. GO WINGS!

Unless the Wings D-men are purposefully concealing their emotions, it doesn't SOUND like they are ticked off at all about the Weber hit. When Keating asked Kronwall and Stuart about the dirty hit, they answered in a wimpy, hushed tone of voice, similar to the tone you would use when reading a bed-time story to your kid. I doubt any of them have the balls to do anything about it.
Watch out!!!! - it's the Sheik ---- and he's got an object!!!!

#1469 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

I guess Conner will be in Game 2.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#1470 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

So exhausted trying to explain/give excuses why the Wings can't just freakin win. Can we get a 2011 Game 4 vs San Jose effort on Friday night....PLEASE?

#1471 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

Yah because they are professionals... they are not going to start some pointless verbal war. The Red Wings will take care of their business where it matters- - on the ice. I stand by saying the Wings will win in 5 or 6 games and the Preds are in trouble now that the Wings are not too happy.

#1472 Brevard

Brevard

Prospect

• 43 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

Gave you a +1 on that one. True hockey fan right here, regardless of cheering for own team or not, realizes that a bad/poorly judged decision by his Captain should sit him a game or two.

Hats off sir.

And if a hockey message board wanted to have any credibility it would discipline any poster(s) calling for players to purposely injure other players.

#1473 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

That's just plain wrong. I'm a fan of Smith and wished he got more playing time, but he's done little to show he's better than Ericsson out there on a nightly basis. I think he'll leapfrog ahead of him in the pairings eventually as an offensive defenseman. But he's not there yet

E was solid tonight. Quincey was ok. Stuart and Kronwall were the shakiest pairing by far. Stuart losing a puck battle behind his net. Kronwall not picking up his man in the slot.

I may be just so fed up with Ericsson that i will never give him another chance. If Smith gets into the lineup he will make a difference, a positive one.

#1474 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

In reading the comments about a certain underperforming barnyard animal I guess the question now is, is he still The Mule or Johan Fedorov?

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#1475 auxlepli

auxlepli

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

"Zetterberg's head is not the Penguins, so Weber probably won't be punished."

https://twitter.com/#!/wyshynski/status/190282763855872001

#1476 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

Anyone else feel Lidstrom looked pretty bad tonight?

No

#1477 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

Don't care if Weber doesn't get suspended, sack up and go after him, stick up for the team... anyone?!?!?

#1478 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

I actually think we played pretty well for the last two periods. We carried the play and got a lot of scoring opportunities. They got some lucky bounces. Thats just the way it goes sometimes. I guarantee if we play like that again, we will win more times than not.

#1479 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

Don't care if Weber doesn't get suspended, sack up and go after him, stick up for the team... anyone?!?!?

....of course if he is suspended it will be harder to go after him.

#1480 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

I actually think we played pretty well for the last two periods. We carried the play and got a lot of scoring opportunities. They got some lucky bounces. Thats just the way it goes sometimes. I guarantee if we play like that again, we will win more times than not.

Pretty much this, not impressed with the overall effort from Detroit but considering that 2 of 3 Preds goals were a fluke doesn't worry me much about the opposition, pick up the play, star players need to show they are star players and the Wings win this series.

....of course if he is suspended it will be harder to go after him.

i c wat u did there

but i meant right after it happened

Edited by Yak19, 11 April 2012 - 10:57 PM.