• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Darren Helm out for playoffs with lacerated wrist

Rate this topic

I honestly don't know why guys aren't all wearing the sleeves that bertuzzi wears to protect from skate cuts. would be an easy transition in the offseason to just start practicing with them. I understand you can't make huge equipment changes in the playoffs without risking ineffectiveness but in the offseason there is no excuse.

Its going to affect the team in one of two ways: either the wings get fueled by this injury and they "do it for helmer" or they just lost some motivation that they lost helmer back on the first game back. I hope it fuels them rather than bring them down, but I know it's got to be frustrating to just get back your #1 PK'er back have that extra motivation that things are looking up from the injury bug and then you just get a swift kick in the crotch (i know ladies are present!) like losing helmer in game 1.

Its going to affect the team in one of two ways: either the wings get fueled by this injury and they "do it for helmer" or they just lost some motivation that they lost helmer back on the first game back. I hope it fuels them rather than bring them down, but I know it's got to be frustrating to just get back your #1 PK'er back have that extra motivation that things are looking up from the injury bug and then you just get a swift kick in the crotch (i know ladies are present!) like losing helmer in game 1.

It would be more of a rallying cry if someone from Nashville intentionally took Helm out. I think because of the Weber hit on Z, the fluky goals, and the crap penalties all game, that should be enough to get the Wings fired up mentally.

Saw an article on either freep or mlive that they had the option to use Sheehan to fill Helms place. Is that the case?

Im on Freep right now and didnt see it. I'll check MLive but if you have the link post it.

I find it hard to believe Sheahan would see time but Im hoping he could. Just his size would be an improvement over Emmerton (if in fact he were to replace him)

Saw an article on either freep or mlive that they had the option to use Sheehan to fill Helms place. Is that the case?

Sheahan, Conner, Mursak and Nyquist are all available.

I'd be willing to bet that either Sheahan (for his size) or Conner (for his speed) would be a Helm replacement.

As per Nick Kypreos ‏

#SNPlayoffs news. #toughloss #Redwings Helm playoff run is over. Its believed tendon damage that required surgery went well.

Oh my...

Edited by Esquire

Now it's official, with this release from the Red Wings...

HELM UPDATE: Darren had successful surgery to repair lacerated tendons in his right forearm. He is out for the remainder of the playoffs.

^ you beat me...you bastard

now on wings twitter:

HELM UPDATE: Darren had successful surgery to repair lacerated tendons in his right forearm. He is out for the remainder of the playoffs.
Edited by Din758

^ you beat me...you bastard

now on wings twitter:

Jedi Ninja commands your respect!

Ninja_Jedi-660x320.jpg

Tough injury to take, especially since the whole thing wouldn't have happened if he didn't come back for game 1.

I hate to use devastating, but this sure feels like it. The bottom six is awful without Helm. Abdelkader hasn't shown any development to be able to fill Helm's role effectively. The Red Wings lose their fastest player and best fore checker at the time he becomes most valuable. I've seen enough of Emmerton too.

Fil - Z - Hudler

Mule - Pav - Nyquist

Bert - Abby - Cleary

Miller - Sheahan - Homer

I would throw Conner in over Sheahan, but sadly depth up the middle is already extremely thin without Helm.

Ouch, that's a really huge loss for our team. Let's see the Wings win it for Helmer :clap:

In order to win the Stanley Cup, a team has to be healthy and have some puck luck. So far, in Game 1, we haven't had either of those things. That why we play a 7 game series though.

Massive blow for Helm, and for the team. Gutted for Helm, the kid was so desperate, and worked so hard to be back for the playoffs.... :(

As for the team - massive, potentially crippling blow. There was a great comment on MLive "Helm is to our bottom 6 what Datsyuk is to our top 6". Now we are either left with a 3rd and 4th line with no balance or identity - or we move Flip to the 3rd line and blow up our best line.