• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Darren Helm out for playoffs with lacerated wrist

Rate this topic

I hate to use devastating, but this sure feels like it. The bottom six is awful without Helm. Abdelkader hasn't shown any development to be able to fill Helm's role effectively. The Red Wings lose their fastest player and best fore checker at the time he becomes most valuable. I've seen enough of Emmerton too.

Fil - Z - Hudler

Mule - Pav - Nyquist

Bert - Abby - Cleary

Miller - Sheahan - Homer

I would throw Conner in over Sheahan, but sadly depth up the middle is already extremely thin without Helm.

I almost hate to say it, because in some ways I feel like it would be throwing Sheahan to the wolves (seeing as he has 0 games experience as an NHL Centre and only 1 game total), but Emmerton really can't play centre at this level (yet, or maybe ever). To me, it should either be the line up you posted or:

Filppula - Zettberg - Hudler

Franzen - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Miller - Abdelkader - Cleary

Connor - Sheahan - Holmstrom

Guest Crymson

I almost hate to say it, because in some ways I feel like it would be throwing Sheahan to the wolves (seeing as he has 0 games experience as an NHL Centre and only 1 game total), but Emmerton really can't play centre at this level (yet, or maybe ever). To me, it should either be the line up you posted or:

Filppula - Zettberg - Hudler

Franzen - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Miller - Abdelkader - Cleary

Connor - Sheahan - Holmstrom

Sheahan is not eligible for the playoffs.

Where's the love for Nyquist? He needs to play. He's proved in the season he has the potential to be a difference maker.

Anywho, I think the thing that upsets me most about the Helm situation is that he was eyeing a game 2 return. If he didn't play last night this could have all been avoided. Crazy how things happen.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Guest Crymson

Where's the love for Nyquist? He needs to play. He's proved in the season he has the potential to be a difference maker.

Anywho, I think the thing that upsets me most about the Helm situation is that he was eyeing a game 2 return. If he didn't play last night this could have all been avoided. Crazy how things happen.

The truly ironic thing is that the team would have had a greater chance of victory last night had Helm not been in the lineup.

Sheahan is not eligible for the playoffs.

Originally that's what I thought also. But I read, in more than one article, that he is in fact eligible. Just google it

Also, for all those who love Darren Helm here is a parting picture:

tumblr_llkrcqnZqw1qb4rpho1_400.jpg

Plus this gem for good measure:

helm0604_330.jpg

Edited by mmamolo

Oh man, poor guy can't get a break. :( He just came back and is out again.

He'll be missed, hopefully he recovers well and can come back for next year, and hopefully the Wings come out with some extra fire under their asses tomorrow. Win it for Helmer!