• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Shea Weber fined for Zetterberg "headslam"

Rate this topic

Can someone find/post this?

Ask and ye shall receive. The top screencap is from after Zetterberg's goal in the 2nd Period; bottom screencap after the turnbuckle move. From pristine Warrior helmet, complete with logo, to no logo, noticeable chunk out of the helmet (possible damage to the number 40 on the top, but could be reflection).

post-7882-0-49321300-1334275856_thumb.jpg

The league needs to fold. It wont even protect its assets. In all honesty, I hope after the lockout it does fold. I have been watching the NHL for 30+ years and I can tell you this league doesnt even resemble the hockey I grew up watching. Since the lockout Bettman and Co have completely ruined this game.

I hope they fold and the teams that actually make money form their own league. Betman and Lemeiux can have their own little league. One where no one makes any money and only Crosby is protected.

Couldn't be put any better! Illitch should take his billions along with the other Billionaire owners and resurrect the WHA! This is, by damnit, a World League, so tell Bettman and his special rules for inferior teams and players, to take a freakin hike! While we're at it, let's tell the US Government the same thing! Rise up! Take over your lives! Save your family! Bring back REAL hockey!

Your kidding right? Bertuzzi is the biggest wimp ever :lol: :lol:

put him back on the roids...

Sure am glad we have 90% ******* on this team. They didn't care when Malkin swung a stick at Z, they didn't care when Datsyuk had to fight for himself, or Howard, but Holland loves this team... f*** HIM

But we don't want to have to give a roster spot to someone who can't play more than 5 minutes. We want guys who can play outside of just being a pair of fists. Like Emmerton... <_<

[/sarcasm][/fanningflames] :cool:

Ask and ye shall receive. The top screencap is from after Zetterberg's goal in the 2nd Period; bottom screencap after the turnbuckle move. From pristine Warrior helmet, complete with logo, to no logo, noticeable chunk out of the helmet (possible damage to the number 40 on the top, but could be reflection).

post-7882-0-49321300-1334275856_thumb.jpg

Good eye.

Ilitch should sanction ("foot the bill") for Kenny or Babs to go on a public rant about this incident. This will of course, force the NHL's hand to 'discipline'/fine the GM or coach something ridiculous like $10K and this will really show how effed up this league has gotten. A rant about the hit would result in a $10K fine or more, whereas Weber was fined $2.5K.

I only hope that this is the turning point for the series (like Rome's hit on Horton last year in the SCF) and that Red Wings will play out of their minds and whoop their dirty asses, preferably in 5 in their home arena.

I was pissed after the incident and now even more so after the ruling.

Edited by RedWingsRox

Maybe our D men should shoot shoot high and hard at the net. Honestly Im tired of this conversation.

Either this team steps up and takes this situation as a motivator or they cower and fold. Either way this situation is over.

BTW, Ken Holland you have a lot of work to do for next year. I suggest getting some sleep now because you need to be working the phones the instant we are no longer playing hockey.

Slowly through the years, I'm getting a grasp on the NHL's priorities.

A repeat offender (Weber) plays Dick the Bruiser on Z, and gets less than a slap on the wrist.

A stellar player in NHL history (Lidstrom) gets suspended for how many games? for missing the all-star weekend when he was sick several years ago.

Who can figure?!?!?!?

Slowly through the years, I'm getting a grasp on the NHL's priorities.

A repeat offender (Weber) plays Dick the Bruiser on Z, and gets less than a slap on the wrist.

A stellar player in NHL history (Lidstrom) gets suspended for how many games? for missing the all-star weekend when he was sick several years ago.

Who can figure?!?!?!?

No one ever told Gary Bettman the "sticks and stones" mantra. More likely to be punished for speaking your mind in this league than causing bodily harm to another player outside the bounds of the rules.

The leagues priority is to keep the high-end players in the game, no matter what. Malkin jumps Zetterberg with a swinging stick and gloved fists, earning automatic suspension? All of a sudden its not in the "spirit" of the rule. Orpik knees a player for the 3rd or 4th time? Look everyone, over there! Tortorella is fined for making comments to the media! Weber pulls one of the most blatant cheapshots I've seen with clear intent to injure? We fined him the "maximum"; next time he'll be in BIG trouble; no injury, no foul; I think his glove might have softened the blow; Zetterberg hit him first; "playoff hockey"?

Only players that can be suspended are 3rd-4th line players, with the rare exception.

No one ever told Gary Bettman the "sticks and stones" mantra. More likely to be punished for speaking your mind in this league than causing bodily harm to another player outside the bounds of the rules.

The leagues priority is to keep the high-end players in the game, no matter what. Malkin jumps Zetterberg with a swinging stick and gloved fists, earning automatic suspension? All of a sudden its not in the "spirit" of the rule. Orpik knees a player for the 3rd or 4th time? Look everyone, over there! Tortorella is fined for making comments to the media! Weber pulls one of the most blatant cheapshots I've seen with clear intent to injure? We fined him the "maximum"; next time he'll be in BIG trouble; no injury, no foul; I think his glove might have softened the blow; Zetterberg hit him first; "playoff hockey"?

Only players that can be suspended are 3rd-4th line players, with the rare exception.

Bettman is a lawyer and much like anything run by lawyers: the NHL is a clusterf***

Look at Congress, almost all lawyers.

Maybe our D men should shoot shoot high and hard at the net. Honestly Im tired of this conversation.

Either this team steps up and takes this situation as a motivator or they cower and fold. Either way this situation is over.

BTW, Ken Holland you have a lot of work to do for next year. I suggest getting some sleep now because you need to be working the phones the instant we are no longer playing hockey.

You do know we were the number one team in hockey during the regular season before the injuries came right? We are fine, the next game won be a penalty fest and I bet the wings win something like 3-1.

You do know we were the number one team in hockey during the regular season before the injuries came right? We are fine, the next game won be a penalty fest and I bet the wings win something like 3-1.

I'm still trying to figure out where this logic comes from with your Red Wings fans. If you lost to the Predators who couldn't convert on their PP (one of their bread and butter weapons) and could only score on the Preds on your PP, then how do you see this as a positive?

If game 2 isn't a penalty call fest then how does Detroit score? You were only able to convert 2 of 10 chances in game 1.

What if the Preds PP starts clicking like usual and puts a few in the net along with "flukey" goals?

You couldn't beat the Preds when they played some of their WORST hockey and you all see that as a good sign? LOL I guess....

oh and.....

post-21986-0-66871800-1334279725_thumb.jpg

And what if it doesn't? And what if this or what if that? You feel good about your team that played some of their 'worst' hockey in the playoffs already? Keep telling yourself that. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Don't come in here tomorrow saying they played some more of their 'worst' hockey or making some other lame excuses.

I'm still trying to figure out where this logic comes from with your Red Wings fans. If you lost to the Predators who couldn't convert on their PP (one of their bread and butter weapons) and could only score on the Preds on your PP, then how do you see this as a positive?

If game 2 isn't a penalty call fest then how does Detroit score? You were only able to convert 2 of 10 chances in game 1.

What if the Preds PP starts clicking like usual and puts a few in the net along with "flukey" goals?

You couldn't beat the Preds when they played some of their WORST hockey and you all see that as a good sign? LOL I guess....

oh and.....

post-21986-0-66871800-1334279725_thumb.jpg

Well considering the red wings were one of the best 5on5 teams in the regular season, Penalty fest 12 most likely hampered their ability to roll four lines. Emmerton played 2.50 seconds! Wings have shown in the regular season that they are much better 5on5 than Nashville. Outstanding penalty killing is a major positive thst the wings can take into next game. 181 goals for 5on5 to Nashvilles 158??? I think the Wings would prefer an even game in game 2

Well considering the red wings were one of the best 5on5 teams in the regular season, Penalty fest 12 most likely hampered their ability to roll four lines. Emmerton played 2.50 seconds! Wings have shown in the regular season that they are much better 5on5 than Nashville. Outstanding penalty killing is a major positive thst the wings can take into next game. 181 goals for 5on5 to Nashvilles 158??? I think the Wings would prefer an even game in game 2

Last night you guys were outscored 3-0 during even strength sooooooooooooooooooooooo?

What does that have to do with our playoff series against the Preds?

The Preds played very well last night. I couldnt care less how well we played in January. BTW, my post was about how we respond to last nights hit and loss.

What does that have to do with our playoff series against the Preds?

The Preds played very well last night. I couldnt care less how well we played in January. BTW, my post was about how we respond to last nights hit and loss.

This is basically all I was pondering and I got flamed for it :/