• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Shea Weber fined for Zetterberg "headslam"

Rate this topic

Sure am glad we have 90% ******* on this team. They didn't care when Malkin swung a stick at Z, they didn't care when Datsyuk had to fight for himself, or Howard, but Holland loves this team... f*** HIM

Completely agree! There Hank knelt, collecting himself, ALONE! Nobody around, nobody addressing this. Again you are right. This is a Holland team. Jimmmy D needs to address this. This is absolute BS! The wings can't impact the league, they can't control what the Preds do, but they sure can control what they do. They did NOTHING. They should all be embarrassed! I am for them. This is Detroit, & this is hockey. Lift up your skirt Holland!

Zetterberg is ok so im over it. However I want to chime in about everyone complaining about how dirty he is, what an idiot he is, disgrace to capitancy blah blah blah. You guys do relize this is hockey right? Almost every captain in this league has a little dirtiness and snarl to them except for ours. I would welcome Weber to our team with open arms, maybe a few players would be more esitant to snow shower Jimmy or run roughshod down low.

Stevie Y had as much snarl as any Captain and I could never see him doing this.

Chelios is about as dirty as they come and I cant see him doing this.

Adam Foote was a complete Dbag, and I cant see him doing this.

So what was your point again?

Whoa, seriously? You couldn't see Chelios doing this? Maybe not in his tamer Red Wing days but come on! ha I could definitely see Chelios pulling this type of move. Granted, chelios was a bit more of subtle when he was a dirty SOB but still

Whoa, seriously? You couldn't see Chelios doing this? Maybe not in his tamer Red Wing days but come on! ha I could definitely see Chelios pulling this type of move. Granted, chelios was a bit more of subtle when he was a dirty SOB but still

Face washing and stick work absolutely, but I could never see him taking another players head from behind and smashing it into the boards.

You are correct Cheli was too smart for that even back in the day.

Youre right Chelios would do alot worse. He would much rather skate and throw a nice elbow into the side of a guys head. as well as foote. Guy could deliver some devastating cross checks. Shane DOan plays on the edge and plays rally ******* hard, Chara is the same way. Lecavalier has been know to walk the line as well. My point is this, I know it seems hard to believe while watching the wings, but there are a good aount of players that would do this or something like it.

Edited by cnot19

Just found out I'm in Section 105, Row 1 for Tuesday's game. I need sign suggestions that won't get tossed by security regarding Weber. Let 'em rip!

Some wwe sign like Weber 3:16. That would be funny. Look at some wwe signs for examples.

I don't understand how people are angrier at Webber then they are at the Red Wings lack of response. I sure am glad I got to watch hockey when it was good! Get some of the classics kids, or take up Lacrosse.

Pisses me off too, but with Zetterberg successfully freeing the puck along the boards, half the team probably didn't even see it when it happened. On top of that, who was on the ice that could have done jack? There are really only a handful of teams in the league that have a big snot-rockin' guy on the same unit you put on the ice to tie a game late. Bertuzzi was really the only one on the ice who could have done anything, and to his credit, he was trying to get at Gaustad for trying to start s*** with Datsyuk.

I agree with your sentiment, but there really wasn't anything that could have been done in that circumstance at the end of last game. The real frustration is the unlikeliness of something coming of it tonight when they would have a chance.

Edited by b.shanafan14

I don't understand how people are angrier at Webber then they are at the Red Wings lack of response. I sure am glad I got to watch hockey when it was good! Get some of the classics kids, or take up Lacrosse.

Don't even try it. This is NOT classic hockey. I've been watching since 1968; I never saw anything like this happen. It was always man-to-man. Elbows, stickwork, that kind of thing, but grabbing your opponent's head and banging it into the boards, never. Good physical hockey is great. This isn't hockey.

Go watch WWE.

Pisses me off too, but with Zetterberg successfully freeing the puck along the boards, half the team probably didn't even see it when it happened. On top of that, who was on the ice that could have done jack? There are really only a handful of teams in the league that have a big snot-rockin' guy on the same unit you put on the ice to tie a game late. Bertuzzi was really the only one on the ice who could have done anything, and to his credit, he was trying to get at Gaustad for trying to start s*** with Datsyuk.

I agree with your sentiment, but there really wasn't anything that could have been done in that circumstance at the end of the game last night. The real frustration is the unlikeliness of something coming of it tonight when they would have a chance.

Agreed, it definitely looked like most of the wings had their backs turned and did not see it. However, I would love to Ericsson or Bertuzzi challenge him tonight, I know its a pipe dream but it certainly make me feel better exacting some revenge. A time like this would be ideal to have someone like Dmac or Downey to insert into the lineup.

Is there a limit on the Black Aces?

There's some fightin' boys down in GR.

Just sayin'.

There are some guys who can fight, but you would actually be able to get at and handle Weber, I think Callahan is a too small for the task. I think Ericsson may be the one best suited to take on Weber.

Don't even try it. This is NOT classic hockey. I've been watching since 1968; I never saw anything like this happen. It was always man-to-man. Elbows, stickwork, that kind of thing, but grabbing your opponent's head and banging it into the boards, never. Good physical hockey is great. This isn't hockey.

Go watch WWE.

I was referring to teammates sticking up for each other.

I was referring to teammates sticking up for each other.

That's what the first part sounded like, and I agree wholeheartedly, but the second part certainly seemed to say that Weber's actions were Old Time Hockey. I apologize if I misinterpreted.

Oh yeah? Somehow I don't find it hard to believe it was your screen name attached to this post.

Anyone who has played hockey (like I have for most of my life) and has worn NHL level helmets, knows a helmet shouldn't crack, and in 3 places no less, from something like that.

Again...maybe the visor cracked where it attached to the helmet, which I can see...but not the helmet itself...no way. Sorry. If it did indeed crack, it was probably already weak from previous impacts over the course of the season.

Maybe he just needs to switch helmet brands.

Being angry about the lack of response would be ignorant. It is assumed that the Wings look for the league to do the dirty work.

Anyone who has played hockey (like I have for most of my life) and has worn NHL level helmets, knows a helmet shouldn't crack, and in 3 places no less, from something like that.

Again...maybe the visor cracked where it attached to the helmet, which I can see...but not the helmet itself...no way. Sorry. If it did indeed crack, it was probably already weak from previous impacts over the course of the season.

You are 100% absolutely dead wrong. If you dont understand the physics of how helmets work, then dont post here.

Considering you lack of knowledge on the subject, you should keep quiet, as it only makes the point you are trying to make look sillier.

Stick to things you know, like losing to the Wings in the playoffs and being down 1-0 to the Sharks :hehe: (something we should both know about)

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4692924_helmet-protect-motorcycle-rider.html

I added a link on here so you can get a better understanding on how helmets work. This article is on a motorcycle helmet, but the same applies for hockey, skiing, skateboarding, auto racing etc.

Edited by NHLrules?

Wow that's going a long way to explain away his helmet cracking.

While I believe you've been wearing a helmet most of your life, from your expert opinion as someone who wears NHL helmets, you can tell that there's no way it cracked in three places? In spite of you having not been at the game. Not having touched or inspected the helmet, or having even gotten a good look at the helmet before or after the headslam. Given that total lack of information, the most logical conclusion to you is obviously Zetterberg's lid was ready to blow at any second from general use over the course of this season, not from him getting his head slammed into the glass.

Makes sense.

Being angry about the lack of response would be ignorant. It is assumed that the Wings look for the league to do the dirty work.

yeah, the league looking out. How did that work out? In the NHL for decades, teams had a component to address players that take liberties with their premium players. Most teams still do. The Wings used to be able to make teams pay for the physical play by putting pucks in the net on the pp. While they did have some pp goals in game one they are not even close to being productive enough on the pp to make that a deterrent. Now teams can take liberties with the Wings top players (How many years have we seen Hank get cross checked in the lower back? Too many!)with minimized risk of getting scored on during the ensuing pp.

No-Check, No-Slap pick up games don't apply here kid, glad you play hockey and you finally found a way to fit that in to a discussion.

Read this:

"Never mind that Blutarsky's hit cracked Zetterberg's helmet in two places. (He says he'll be wearing a new one for Game 2 tonight.) Or that Zetterberg was dizzy enough afterward that he had to pass a concussion test"

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120413/OPINION03/204130359#ixzz1rw87mNNo