• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Shea Weber fined for Zetterberg "headslam"

Rate this topic

Youre right Chelios would do alot worse. He would much rather skate and throw a nice elbow into the side of a guys head. as well as foote. Guy could deliver some devastating cross checks. Shane DOan plays on the edge and plays rally ******* hard, Chara is the same way. Lecavalier has been know to walk the line as well. My point is this, I know it seems hard to believe while watching the wings, but there are a good aount of players that would do this or something like it.

That was an elbow in that film. The damage was done when the guy smacked his head on the ice. Not the same thing.

This would be similar to using a weapon like your stick to smack a guy. Elbows happen in hockey, as do cheap shots but taking somebodies head from behind and smacking it into the boards is akin to smack his head on the ice intentionally while you are on top. No place for that in hockey.

It sucks, but what's done is done. Let's concentrate on winning Game 2, so we can avoid looking like ass. Zetterberg wasn't injured, he wasn't bleeding, he's playing tonight....it could have been far worse. Weber should have been suspended, but he wasn't. I'd be far angrier if Hank had to be carried off the ice on a stretcher unconscious and the same punishment was meted out.

Zetterberg is ok so im over it. However I want to chime in about everyone complaining about how dirty he is, what an idiot he is, disgrace to capitancy blah blah blah. You guys do relize this is hockey right? Almost every captain in this league has a little dirtiness and snarl to them except for ours. I would welcome Weber to our team with open arms, maybe a few players would be more esitant to snow shower Jimmy or run roughshod down low.

You're right. I'm annoyed by the fact that our captain wouldn't grab somebody by the back of the neck and slam their face into the glass. What a pansy he is.

You are 100% absolutely dead wrong. If you dont understand the physics of how helmets work, then dont post here.

Considering you lack of knowledge on the subject, you should keep quiet, as it only makes the point you are trying to make look sillier.

Stick to things you know, like losing to the Wings in the playoffs and being down 1-0 to the Sharks :hehe: (something we should both know about)

http://www.ehow.com/...ycle-rider.html

I added a link on here so you can get a better understanding on how helmets work. This article is on a motorcycle helmet, but the same applies for hockey, skiing, skateboarding, auto racing etc.

Ha, I was thinking motorcycle helmets too, since that is where most of my knowledge of how helmets work comes from. I'm not sure if helmets are manufactured the same across all applications, but I would beg to say they are at least similar. Helmets are not designed to take the hard impact and not give, they are designed to give as the impact is absorbed, that is how they work.

It sucks, but what's done is done. Let's concentrate on winning Game 2, so we can avoid looking like ass. Zetterberg wasn't injured, he wasn't bleeding, he's playing tonight....it could have been far worse. Weber should have been suspended, but he wasn't. I'd be far angrier if Hank had to be carried off the ice on a stretcher unconscious and the same punishment was meted out.

Good suggestion. I am moving on to game two. Be prepared to let your voice be heard after the season (your being all of us who are frustrated). This will be a really big off season. They are a few months away from announcing a new arena & will want their fans to be united. Unfortunately fans could become apathetic if they don't build a team relevant to current market conditions.

Enjoy the game tonight all. It should be a good one. Easily one of the best match ups of the post season

yeah someone posted it in the other weber thread. i hope they post this up in the locker room today as a reminder and it lights a fire under their asses.

i did not see that Ill see if i can remove it then

Its actually made the sports news in the UK now which is a pretty big deal . They were interviewing a Canadian journalist on the radio and he pointed out that in the NFL you get fined $5000 for wearing the wrong socks!!!! Which shows how ridiculous the whole situation is.

Its actually made the sports news in the UK now which is a pretty big deal . They were interviewing a Canadian journalist on the radio and he pointed out that in the NFL you get fined $5000 for wearing the wrong socks!!!! Which shows how ridiculous the whole situation is.

:thumbup:

Never really heard too much of about weber fighting...does he? Do we have anyone who can handle him? If a wing does tilt with him and gets crushed, this could lead to quite a momentum swing for the entire series.

The thing has me in stitches over the whole ordeal is before end of the 3rd period, a majority of you would have loved to see Weber in red, now it's a mudslide of hatred and personal attacks.

Like the Wings have never had a player let emotion win and slip up at some point. Jesus I could see if Z would have gotten hurt but all is well, clean the panties out fellas ;)

Stay in stitches, pal - trolling on other teams' forums. I don't think calling a goon out who's wearing the C is much of a personal attack anyway. I'd call it a valid criticism of his professionalism. The best revenge will be sending your team to the golf course in April so they can play around fake smashing each others' heads into the plexi-glass on their carts. Tools.

Exactly. Fans waste too much time worrying about this sort of stuff. The decision was handed down, it isn't what we wanted but its time to move on and focus on the game at hand tonight. I'm sure the Wings players had already done the same yesterday.

I'm kinda glad there is no suspension only because I think we would experience a let-down in our play without shea weber out there. I would be scared s***less of losing to a preds team without shea weber in the lineup. I know it sounds stupid but all i could think about is how we would think we have the game in the bag if weber is out, and then come out flat and have a preds team work hard all around the ice to make up for weber's absence.

Stay in stitches, pal - trolling on other teams' forums. I don't think calling a goon out who's wearing the C is much of a personal attack anyway. I'd call it a valid criticism of his professionalism. The best revenge will be sending your team to the golf course in April so they can play around fake smashing each others' heads into the plexi-glass on their carts. Tools.

The part that bothers me is Weber is a damn good Hockey player, there is no reason to stoop as low as he did! if he`s married hope his wife has a safe room!

Exactly. Fans waste too much time worrying about this sort of stuff. The decision was handed down, it isn't what we wanted but its time to move on and focus on the game at hand tonight. I'm sure the Wings players had already done the same yesterday.

It really doesn't matter what the fans focus on. Just as long as the players have their heads right(assuming Weber doesn't assault them).

Yep, who gives a s*** if we're still talking about it. I'll continue to talk about it, today, tonight, tomorrow. As long as I feel like I have something to say about the matter, I will. If you don't want to read it, skip over the thread. After all, that's what discussion boards are for, discussing the topic of a particular thread, right?