• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Shea Weber fined for Zetterberg "headslam"

Rate this topic

Wow that's going a long way to explain away his helmet cracking.

While I believe you've been wearing a helmet most of your life, from your expert opinion as someone who wears NHL helmets, you can tell that there's no way it cracked in three places? In spite of you having not been at the game. Not having touched or inspected the helmet, or having even gotten a good look at the helmet before or after the headslam. Given that total lack of information, the most logical conclusion to you is obviously Zetterberg's lid was ready to blow at any second from general use over the course of this season, not from him getting his head slammed into the glass.

Makes sense.

rotflmao.gif

I wonder if Shanny feels any differently about his decision after seeing this picture.

Someone should tweet it to him if it hasn't been already.

...and done!

Not a comment about his particular hit, just a general comment:

Its funny, but also a bit sad to think back on the preseason. Shanny was harsh, but it seemd like he was being pretty consistent and sending a message. And NHL fans were happy enough to be rid of the Campbell wheel of justice...

Then the regular season started, and all consistency was gone, and we saw that we were almost right back where we started from, the only thing that happened was that we switched from Campbells wheel of justice, over to Shannys wheel of justice.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Wow that's going a long way to explain away his helmet cracking.

While I believe you've been wearing a helmet most of your life,

I expect better from a mod. Shame on you.

from your expert opinion as someone who wears NHL helmets, you can tell that there's no way it cracked in three places? In spite of you having not been at the game. Not having touched or inspected the helmet, or having even gotten a good look at the helmet before or after the headslam. Given that total lack of information, the most logical conclusion to you is obviously Zetterberg's lid was ready to blow at any second from general use over the course of this season, not from him getting his head slammed into the glass.

Makes sense.

I've seen helmets take a lot more abuse than the turnbuckle play on Zetterberg and be fine.

I'd like to see a pic of the helmet where it cracked. I'd bet the helmet itself didn't crack, but the cracks occurred on the shield where it attaches to the helmet.

And to the rest of you tossing personal jabs. Stay classy.

I'm just discussing the play. Sorry if you can't handle it.

No-Check, No-Slap pick up games don't apply here kid, glad you play hockey and you finally found a way to fit that in to a discussion.

:lol:

I played growing up, then in college, and then after college in men's leagues.

But hey...you can call 'em "no-check", "no-slap" if you like.

Whatever makes you feel superior on the interwebs. :clap:

Maybe I'm wrong. But I just don't see it. I'd love to see a pic of the helmet to see how it broke.

Never really heard too much of about weber fighting...does he? Do we have anyone who can handle him? If a wing does tilt with him and gets crushed, this could lead to quite a momentum swing for the entire series.

Unfortunately, yes. He is the one who concussed the Mighty Lilja and caused him to be out for almost a year.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Whatever dude....you are one to talk. Come over here acting all classy and s*** and then run off to your stupid little pep rally with a completely different story taking jabs at everyone over here. You're such a ******* expert on every god damn subject and you play this whole 'I'm innocent just trying to talk hockey' blah blah ******* blah. Nobody here is buying that s***, so quit ******* spewing it. If you really think every ******* person on this forum can't see through your bull s*** you got another thing coming. Don't you have a sharks forum to be spewing your two-faced bull s*** too? After all, your their problem this round.

Just ignore the troll. He's gutless to the core. He's proven me right when I called him on it weeks ago.

I must say that the Weber hit and non-suspension has improved the quality of the normal post-loss mindset around here.

People are usually whining, ringing hands, and believing that we'll never win another game.

Now we're charged and ready to go.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I must say that the Weber hit and non-suspension has improved the quality of the normal post-loss mindset around here.

People are usually whining, ringing hands, and believing that we'll never win another game.

Now we're charged and ready to go.

This could be a positive. Maybe Weber has awaken a sleeping giant. Talent plus motovation can do alot of damage. Guys like Z, Dats, Nick, Mule could really be motivated even more now. At least I hope so. I expect Z to play like a man possessed. The Wings players have to be pissed right now. If they can channel this, they can really take it to the Preds. We will see what happens.

I think the biggest fine I've seen was when Jeff Van Gundy claimed that the refs target Yao Ming inappropriately. David Stern fined him a Hwopping $100,000, which, as far as I know, is the largest penalty in sports for coaches.

It was f'n uglyyy.

“If he's going to say things like that, he's not going to continue in this league. If the attitude reflected in those comments continues to be public, he's going to have a big problem with me as long as I'm commissioner.” -David Stern

I can definitely see Bettman saying things like that sooner than later.

preds fans already did pekka-ing on march 30,so why not do webering too.

I mean no disrespect, but come on man. 'Webering' is fans mocking Weber punching Zetterberg in the back of the head and smacking his face into the end glass. That's no good for me, that's gutless to me, if Weber had connected with the punch he could've severely injured Zetterberg and fans all over are just posting pictures on Twitter like "ha ha, look at me 'Webering' my friend" Weber and Kostitsyn were laughing it off at practise like "Oh how funny it is that you almost severely injured a guy eh Shea? Ha ha ha" ******* gross, the fact that the Preds do the cheapshotting and are laughing at the Wings pisses me right off. It pisses me off even more to know no one will do a damn thing about it but "skate away" One game into this series and I've already lost respect for the Preds. I'm not usually one to get so up in arms over something, but jesus man, that's not right.