617 replies to this topic

#261 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

This "fine" is so pitiful, I'm almost tempted to respond after trying to avoid posting anything here for a year...
...however, I'm afraid that I would use "poo-poo bad hurtful" words that the powers-that-be on this board would think are BAD NAUGHTY, so I won't.
Come on everyone, let's sing "Koombaya" and not use such LANGUAGE as "B.S.", etc. Mr. Weber is simply misunderstood and now has had a serious talking to...all will now be friendly and better!

:lol:
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#262 MibJab

MibJab

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

soo... Talk s*** about the Penguins and get fined $20,000. Try to break someones face, get fined $2,500. hmmm?

#263 Berry

Berry

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 63 posts

That's a joke. I've always had a lot of respect for Weber, but I really hope that Abby or someone else elbows his f****** head.

In any case: playoffs = no suspentions (Shanny is already playing golf)

#264 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Too bad Babs didn't see the play, this really deserved a coach getting on top of the railing and yelling at Trotz. Trotz's post game comments were pitiful, Weber's chuckle when reporter asked him about the hit was ****** like ... maybe this will bring on the hate from the boys and light a fire under their arses.

#265 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

NHL - Weber fined $2500

What a F*cking joke! Let's all chip in for $2500 to pay the fine so that one of our guys can ram Weber's ass, I mean head into the glass.

I would gladly chip in
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#266 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

NHL is a joke.

Bert it's time for you to drop the gloves with Weber and punch him in the face and see how he likes it
IPB Image

#267 MibJab

MibJab

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

This sends a very bad message to our youth and shows the severe inconsistency in the disciplinary B.S. If Shea Weber can do it, than kids of all levels of hockey can do it and get away with it.

#268 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

8x worse, actually, based on the dollar amount of the fine.

Based on his $7.5m salary, that's actually 1/3000th of his yearly salary. At my salary, that would be a fine of $12.33.

based on his $7.5m salary, he makes $1563 a minute.

so this fine is paid off in less than a 2 minute minor.
Posted Image

#269 BamaWing

BamaWing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

I would seriously pay the fine for first player to knock the living s*** out of Weber tomorrow night. Lost all respect for that piece of s***

Posted Image

#270 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

let's call up a goon to take on Weber. wait, who do we have???

#271 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

8x worse, actually, based on the dollar amount of the fine.

Based on his $7.5m salary, that's actually 1/3000th of his yearly salary. At my salary, that would be a fine of $12.33.

Well, at least your employer doesnt withhold money in escrow. Man...I feel terrible for Shea Weber. Poor guy. It's just unimaginable to see a guy go through such a financial hardship.

I am starting a Shea Weber Fund. Efforts will be made towards financial restitution for the unjust hardships the NHL has imposed on Shea. Donations of all sizes will be welcomed. PM me for more details. Thanks

#272 BigWinston

BigWinston

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

To be fair, the fine is the maximum allowable under the CBA.

Very odd there's no ban given the whole approach to head shots all season long.

#273 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

"This play and the fine that addressed it will be significant factors in assessing any incidents involving Shea Weber throughout the remainder of the playoffs."

He had a fine back in October on a hit, for $2,500. So does the history board get wiped clean at the start of the playoffs? Weber just put a target on his back for the rest of the playoffs. Players are going to see this play, and try to aggravate him. If he retaliates dirty in any form he could be sitting 1-2 games. I really hope the wings don't do anything dirty to pay him back. It could be seen as premeditated, and could get babcock in trouble also.

#274 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

once again, justice is not served when it matters...

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#275 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

Shanahan's just another puppet. The more things change...

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#276 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

To be fair, the fine is the maximum allowable under the CBA.

That's where a suspension should be served then. There's no doubt that this incident is FAR worse than what Tortorella did to the Penguins/Crosby/Malkin. So if a $2,500 fine doesn't serve as the proper discipline, then a suspension should pick up where the fine leaves off.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#277 MibJab

MibJab

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

If they suspend Bitz, it's a conspiracy. Low impact player doing wrong vs high impact player doing wrong. Hey kids, do you like violence?

#278 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

If they suspend Bitz, it's a conspiracy. Low impact player doing wrong vs high impact player doing wrong. Hey kids, do you like violence?

I bet Bitz gets a game.

I honestly think the NHL gets a kick out of being inconsistent because it throws fans into an outrage and makes them talk endlessly about their (NHL's) product. Any publicity is good publicity

#279 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

"This was a reckless and reactionary play on which Weber threw a glancing punch and then shoved Zetterberg's head into the glass," said NHL Senior Vice President of Player Safety and Hockey Operations Brendan Shanahan. "As is customary whenever Supplemental Discipline is being considered, we contacted Detroit following the game and were informed that Zetterberg did not suffer an apparent injury and should be in the lineup for Game 2.

"This play and the fine that addressed it will be significant factors in assessing any incidents involving Shea Weber throughout the remainder of the playoffs."

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#280 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

soo... Talk s*** about the Penguins and get fined $20,000. Try to break someones face, get fined $2,500. hmmm?

Love this. Epic failure (does failure imply that justice was actually giving a fair shake? because this seems like a pretty blatent pass for one of the NHL's small market stars).

That's where a suspension should be served then. There's no doubt that this incident is FAR worse than what Tortorella did to the Penguins/Crosby/Malkin. So if a $2,500 fine doesn't serve as the proper discipline, then a suspension should pick up where the fine leaves off.

Agreed.