• Please log in to reply
617 replies to this topic

#321 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,588 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

Unbelievable, and yet, somehow....totally expected.

Yup.

Not wanting to come across as an a$$hole, but what were people expecting; it's playoff hockey afterall.

I've said it numerous times; playoff hockey today really hasn't changed much from what we saw from the late 90's to 2004...Clutch, and grab hockey has been replaced with poor/indifferent officiating which really favors teams that bend the rules, and play a rough/intimidating game.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#322 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

Nashville fans are crying on their board about the fact that Zetterberg hit Weber first, but even better yet, they are all in an uproar over no discipline to Bertuzzi for punching Gaustad in the face (with his glove on, in a scrum, face to face, like you see 100 times in a game) and they are PUTTING A BOUNTY OUT ON BERTUZZI'S HEAD!!! Read below from the Preds forum:

There is a few fools over on HFBoards saying that Z stomped on Weber's ankle with his skate blade and thats what pissed him off enough to slam his face into the boards. I didn't see a foot stomp, not sure what game they were watching.

#323 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

"As I stated above, the ruling was too harsh on Weber. Not only that, I can't believe they are letting Z getting away with being such a sissy. I hope Weber creams him into next week in Game 2 so he can REALLY know what it feels like to be hit by a "Weber Slam"

Lol. I took this right from a the Preds forum. Really? I mean are people really so biased towards their team that they think an action like this is cool and part of hockey?
Disgusting on ice behavior ridiculous that he gets a $2,500 dollar fine. That does absolutely nothing. Weber is the captain of his team, and this was just pathetic on his part.

Edited by CaliforniaWingsFan, 12 April 2012 - 02:13 PM.

#324 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

This is why they don't deserve a hockey team in Nashville.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#325 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

Whatever. I don't agree with the ruling, he deserved a suspension but again whatever. This will fuel an anger the big re machine, and that is not something opponents want so watch out Nashville were coming! Yes the wings will be physical, but no they will not be stupid and reckless, but don't think the s*** that went on to hank and pav won't light a fire under this team. Nashville better be ready for a red wings team they have not seen in a long time cause they thrive off ahit like what happened at the end of the game

There is a few fools over on HFBoards saying that Z stomped on Weber's ankle with his skate blade and thats what pissed him off enough to slam his face into the boards. I didn't see a foot stomp, not sure what game they were watching.

My god all z did was pin him. People today, wow I feel sorry for them.

#326 wolverine1817

wolverine1817

Go Blue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Weber smashes Zetterberg's head into the glass = $2,500. John Tortorella calls the Penguins arrogant and whiners = $20,000.

#327 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

I can't wait tell tomorrow!!
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#328 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

The league and Predators have demonstrated what IS important and what is not that much:

* Tortorrela fined 20K for words on you know who;
* Predator player fined 2.5K (8 times less) for slamming opposing player's head to the boards with clear intent to injury;

Note: fuching lawyer Gary was in presence.

Weber smashes Zetterberg's head into the glass = $2,500. John Tortorella calls the Penguins arrogant and whiners = $20,000.

seems like we were writing these at the same time :)

Edited by ami, 12 April 2012 - 02:22 PM.

#329 RedFlag85

RedFlag85

Rookie

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

soo... Talk s*** about the Penguins and get fined $20,000. Try to break someones face, get fined $2,500. hmmm?

Coaches aren't unionized, therefore not bound by the $2,500 MAXIMUM fine players are.

#330 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

This is actually legitimately hilarious.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#331 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

Apparently the head smash was hard enough to crack Z's helmet.

#332 RedFlag85

RedFlag85

Rookie

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

What's done is done. Shanny has said this will factor into any other questionable actions Weber takes.

We all knew he wouldn't be suspended, as the NHL makes more exception to their own rules than congress.

Hopefully the Wings make them pay in goals against, and send these Chuckelheads to Dollywood.

#333 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

Just so we're clear, THIS is boarding. Jesus, I don't know why ya'll can't see it, all the hockey experts in Nashville can.

Posted Image

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#334 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

http://bleacherrepor...on-the-penguins

http://www.washingto...C3CT_story.html

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...-take-time.html

I <3 the National Bush League.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#335 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

Coaches aren't unionized, therefore not bound by the $2,500 MAXIMUM fine players are.

That doesn't matter. The league is the ultimate disciplinarian, be it a coach or a player who needs to be disciplined. Sending a message that a coach who verbally attacks opposing players gets a fine that is 8x more than a player who physically attacks opposing players is stupid, and downright dangerous.

No one out there (be it fan, player, or pundit) believes that the $2,500 is enough to "match the crime". If that's the case, and $2,500 is the maximum fine that can be levied, then a suspension needs to be assessed to pick up where the small fine leaves off.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#336 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

Weber and Bert right off the draw or it will fester all game
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#337 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

...seriously? $2500?

That's like pocket change for most hockey players. What a bunch of s***.

They should tack an extra zero on that fine and suspend him for at least one game, if not two. UGH. So pissed right now. :ranting:

Not bad for someone that makes $91,463.41 a game. Poor kids will probably have to go without shoes this year.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#338 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

And there Hank knelt to collect himself. Alone! This is a Kenny team. Sorry it is hockey. Webber should have been picking himself up off the ice. We don't have that dimension. That's part of why my favorite team will be golfing in 5.

#339 NBCnothingbutcrosby

NBCnothingbutcrosby

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

All the Bertuzzi haters we have here. Who else would be able to take on Weber and win in a fight on our team? No one but Bert.

I hope Bert Steve Moore's Weber. I used to like Weber but that was some Bush League BS. $2,500 is laughable when you make as much as Weber.

On a side note: I remember watching the Wings in 08' and seeing the passion and dominance. The slow decline since then, we really need to get younger and faster. It's almost like night and day from 08' to now. That's all.
Not now chief, I'm in the zone.

#340 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

Apparently the head smash was hard enough to crack Z's helmet.

According to the latest, cracked it in 3 places too. Just a love tap eh? :ph34r: