• Please log in to reply
617 replies to this topic

#341 JPT

JPT

Rookie

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

And there Hank knelt to collect himself. Alone! This is a Kenny team. Sorry it is hockey. Webber should have been picking himself up off the ice. We don't have that dimension. That's part of why my favorite team will be golfing in 5.

While I don't agree that our lack of physical play/enforcer spells doom for us in this series it sure would be nice to have a couple of guys to lay some big hits on the Preds and to challenge Weber. Is there anyone serviceable that we could have brought up from the Griffins? Emmerton essentially brings nothing to the table so why not?

#342 brandon27

brandon27

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

What a joke. Its ridiculous how the NHL allows players to get away with cheap shots like this at the end of playoff games because there really are no reprocussions to doing so. He gets a 2 minute minor at the end of the game which means nothing, and he gets fined $2500 which he probably makes to play 1 minute in the next game.

Nothing like preaching player safety, and protecting the head while allowing someone to deliberately elbow someone in the back of the head, then drive his head face first into the glass afterwards.

Unreal. Only in Gary Bettman's NHL.. .

Posted Image

#343 Dirty Dangle

Dirty Dangle

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

Shocking. The NHL punishes the result rather than the action. How can so many stupid people be in charge?

#344 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

The NHL is a huge joke, granted even after the hit I would love to see Webber in a Wings jersey. But it should be a game suspension at least. Now if the Wings can steal game 2 and bring it home, that's the best revenge. Guys are gonna have to start getting physical, or the wings are gonna have to score on the powerplay. They will run is until we are all injured, why not, not like we score on the powerplay. Until we do that, or get physical, looking at you Franzen, Bertuzzi, Abby, Big E, Stuart, Quincy they will play Smashville hockey, can't blame the Preds for that, its up to the Wings to turn this around fast. Get Physical or Score with the extra man its really that simple.

#345 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

LAWL. What a joke. I can't even comment any further. Too riled up.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#346 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

The NHL is a huge joke, granted even after the hit I would love to see Webber in a Wings jersey. But it should be a game suspension at least. Now if the Wings can steal game 2 and bring it home, that's the best revenge. Guys are gonna have to start getting physical, or the wings are gonna have to score on the powerplay. They will run is until we are all injured, why not, not like we score on the powerplay. Until we do that, or get physical, looking at you Franzen, Bertuzzi, Abby, Big E, Stuart, Quincy they will play Smashville hockey, can't blame the Preds for that, its up to the Wings to turn this around fast. Get Physical or Score with the extra man its really that simple.

Both Wing's goals were on the PP last night...

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#347 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

s*** if thats the case if i were a wing id go do the same s*** to one of their players. whats 2,500$ when you make 6+ mil.

#348 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

s*** if thats the case if i were a wing id go do the same s*** to one of their players. whats 2,500$ when you make 6+ mil.

Even though I don't condone it, I was thinking it would be hilarious the first time one of our guys has one of theirs on the boards, just drop their stick and start slamming their head into the glass. After all, that's evidently acceptable.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#349 rbkhockey43

rbkhockey43

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Have z slam weber's head into the glass and see how Nashville reacts
Posted Image

#350 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

I guess Hank should of fallen to the ice and rolled around like he had been shot by a sniper in the crowd <_< .. What a joke the NHL is. I guess head shots are still good

Edited by wingslogo19, 12 April 2012 - 03:44 PM.

IPB Image

#351 wolverine1817

wolverine1817

Go Blue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

Both Wing's goals were on the PP last night...

shhhh, let him act like he knows what he's talking about

#352 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

http://www.mlive.com...rberg_fe_1.html

Zetterberg said he was mad after the hit, which cracked his helmet in two places.

“I thought it was dirty,'' Zetterberg said. “I think it was directed toward my head and if you look at what’s happened over the last few years with all of the head injuries I think that should not belong in the game.”

He said he was “a little woozy'' after the incident but recovered quickly.

Asked if he was upset that Weber was not suspended, only fined $2,500, Zetterberg said, “You can’t really control what isn’t in your hands.

When he saw it on tape Weber grabbing the back of head and driving it into the glass, Zetterberg said, “I thought it looked bad, but I guess it wasn’t bad enough.

This league is a joke sans punchline. Pathetic. Shanahan fines him peanuts and then says "but NEXT TIME, boy will he be in trouble". Shanny, I've lost all faith in you.

#353 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

Um . . . They did. They went 2 for 8 (not counting the two Nashville penalties with less than 30 seconds left in the game).

25% on the powerplay is great.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#354 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

Of course in my heart I wanted Weber to get suspended but honestly I didn't even think Weber would have gotten a fine. I actually am surprised that he got punished at all.

#355 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

Too bad we dont have a street justice type on this team.

I never advocate intentionally trying to injure a player, however if the NHL refuses to protect their players then its time for someone on this team to step up and send the message.

We dont have a single guy on this team that is willing to protect his team mates, and that is how you beat the Wings.

Shanny is a corporate kiss ass like Campbell before him, and so it goes.

If the Wings dont send a message by playing determined, physical hockey in game 2 this series is over. Its time for Bert and Kronner to lay some fools out. *** for tat, Holmqvist and Legawand better have their heads up this next game.

#356 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

Do you think Shanahan had to not suspend because if he did, everyone would cry that he is playing favorites with his former team?

Also, Weber is an idiot... earlier in game when he drew a penalty on Franzen, it was a total act job... Franzen put his hand near his upper body/neck area... and 10 seconds after that Weber's head flew back like he got hit in the face. Total act job.

#357 cprice12

cprice12

Resident St. Louis Blues Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/04/red_wings_henrik_zetterberg_fe_1.html

This league is a joke sans punchline. Pathetic. Shanahan fines him peanuts and then says "but NEXT TIME, boy will he be in trouble". Shanny, I've lost all faith in you.

Zetterberg said he was mad after the hit, which cracked his helmet in two places

I find it very hard to believe his helmet was cracked in two places. Sounds like an ad-lib by a reporter.

Maybe his visor was cracked, which I could see...but those helmets are made to withstand much worse blows than that.

#358 RedFlag85

RedFlag85

Rookie

• Pip
  • 148 posts

That doesn't matter. The league is the ultimate disciplinarian, be it a coach or a player who needs to be disciplined. Sending a message that a coach who verbally attacks opposing players gets a fine that is 8x more than a player who physically attacks opposing players is stupid, and downright dangerous.

No one out there (be it fan, player, or pundit) believes that the $2,500 is enough to "match the crime". If that's the case, and $2,500 is the maximum fine that can be levied, then a suspension needs to be assessed to pick up where the small fine leaves off.

I'm not arguing about what's fair. Players have a union/CBA. Coaches are considered management. Which means no union or CBA. Under the current CBA, $2,500 is the maximum Weber can be fined. It's not fair but it is what it is.

#359 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

At first I was pissed off. But then I realized I was not surprised and knew this was exactly how it was going to play out. That's the NHL we live in and it won't change anytime soon as long as Bettman is in charge. But we've known this for years.

#360 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

I find it very hard to believe his helmet was cracked in two places. Sounds like an ad-lib by a reporter.

Maybe his visor was cracked, which I could see...but those helmets are made to withstand much worse blows than that.

They are designed to crack to dissipate the force of the blow. Just like a motorcycle helmet. BTW, when they do crack thats the sign of a serious impact.

At first I was pissed off. But then I realized I was not surprised and knew this was exactly how it was going to play out. That's the NHL we live in and it won't change anytime soon as long as Bettman is in charge. But we've known this for years.

Wonder what would happen if someone went head hunting for Crosby?