• Please log in to reply
617 replies to this topic

#421 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

I'm still trying to figure out where this logic comes from with your Red Wings fans. If you lost to the Predators who couldn't convert on their PP (one of their bread and butter weapons) and could only score on the Preds on your PP, then how do you see this as a positive?

If game 2 isn't a penalty call fest then how does Detroit score? You were only able to convert 2 of 10 chances in game 1.

What if the Preds PP starts clicking like usual and puts a few in the net along with "flukey" goals?

You couldn't beat the Preds when they played some of their WORST hockey and you all see that as a good sign? LOL I guess....

oh and.....

Well considering the red wings were one of the best 5on5 teams in the regular season, Penalty fest 12 most likely hampered their ability to roll four lines. Emmerton played 2.50 seconds! Wings have shown in the regular season that they are much better 5on5 than Nashville. Outstanding penalty killing is a major positive thst the wings can take into next game. 181 goals for 5on5 to Nashvilles 158??? I think the Wings would prefer an even game in game 2
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#422 Brevard

Brevard

Prospect

• 43 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

Bitz gets 2 games for CHECKING from behind. Zetterberg gets his head slammed for checking from behind. Weber gets 2 minutes and a fine for a quick severe response.

#423 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,140 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

Discuss the series without personal attacks please. Even if a post is 90% about the game but you call someone a name, I'm going to delete the whole thing.

so if you don't want your thoughts zapped into the ether, keep it civil. Thanks.

#424 GetToDaChoppah

GetToDaChoppah

Prospect

• 49 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

Well considering the red wings were one of the best 5on5 teams in the regular season, Penalty fest 12 most likely hampered their ability to roll four lines. Emmerton played 2.50 seconds! Wings have shown in the regular season that they are much better 5on5 than Nashville. Outstanding penalty killing is a major positive thst the wings can take into next game. 181 goals for 5on5 to Nashvilles 158??? I think the Wings would prefer an even game in game 2

Last night you guys were outscored 3-0 during even strength sooooooooooooooooooooooo?

#425 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

You do know we were the number one team in hockey during the regular season before the injuries came right? We are fine, the next game won be a penalty fest and I bet the wings win something like 3-1.

What does that have to do with our playoff series against the Preds?

The Preds played very well last night. I couldnt care less how well we played in January. BTW, my post was about how we respond to last nights hit and loss.

#426 GetToDaChoppah

GetToDaChoppah

Prospect

• 49 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

What does that have to do with our playoff series against the Preds?

The Preds played very well last night. I couldnt care less how well we played in January. BTW, my post was about how we respond to last nights hit and loss.

This is basically all I was pondering and I got flamed for it :/

#427 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

26 minutes of even strength play, goals scored mostly after a power play for one team or the other. 4th line guys and definitely 2 insane bounces. I'm willing to bet if the next game is mostly 5on5 Wings will win by more than a goal.

#428 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

Weber throws a tantrum. This just shows how easy it is for our guys to get into his head. I think the wings are gonna play off that and get him agitated. It'll be even more easy to get at him because he knows hes on a tight leash and can't retaliate. Sucka!

#429 GetToDaChoppah

GetToDaChoppah

Prospect

• 49 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

Weber throws a tantrum. This just shows how easy it is for our guys to get into his head. I think the wings are gonna play off that and get him agitated. It'll be even more easy to get at him because he knows hes on a tight leash and can't retaliate. Sucka!

I disagree. If Weber truly feels he did no wrong last night he's just going to let the whole situation roll off his back and focus on playing his game and getting the 2-0 series lead. The Red Wings however could come into game 2 a little hot headed/payback minded and make some dumb plays and get some bad penalties.

I would venture to say the whole ordeal affects Detroit more than Nashville but only time will tell.

#430 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

26 minutes of even strength play, goals scored mostly after a power play for one team or the other. 4th line guys and definitely 2 insane bounces. I'm willing to bet if the next game is mostly 5on5 Wings will win by more than a goal.

Look, if the Wings come out fired up I think we take game two and the series. However, this team is just as likely to pack it up and fold under physical play. We have seen that before as well. If you fail to acknowledge that then you are not being honest with yourself.

Tomorrow could very well be a penalty fest with the refs trying to regain control of the series after Webers busch league d-bag move.

BTW, this team was built to win on the PP, 5 on 5 against a very physical team is not our best match up.

Thats reality.

#431 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

Wow a fine. What a Crock of S*#T it should be at least one game. Here goes the League screwing the Wings again.

#432 chuklz

chuklz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

You know, I have reconsidered my position.

I hope for just good old fashioned hockey, eh. Lets just go out there and play a good clean game of putting the biscuit in the basket.

But as a kharmic reward, I want Coburn to take Crosby's head and smash it against the glass a couple of times in Game 2 with 5 seconds to play. I'll pay the fine personally.

#433 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

I don't think this team will roll over and die, they've dealt with gorillas like this before see Joe Throton last year. I think they can win this series but don't have to win tomorrow. My prediction stands pat wings win the series 4-2

O but it would be very nice to see Radulov get Kronwalled... Just throwing it out there

#434 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

I don't think this team will roll over and die, they've dealt with gorillas like this before see Joe Throton last year. I think they can win this series but don't have to win tomorrow. My prediction stands pat wings win the series 4-2

O but it would be very nice to see Radulov get Kronwalled... Just throwing it out there

I hope your right.

We will see tomorrow, Im cautiously optimistic. I see Lidstrom raising his game tomorrow.

As far as Radulov catching a Kronnwalling, right on man! I hope Hornqvist catches some Kron too.

#435 wingnut4013

wingnut4013

Prospect

• 39 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

Its all good. Lets hope his ***** ass gets kronwalled in game 2

#436 Bully76

Bully76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

I disagree. If Weber truly feels he did no wrong last night he's just going to let the whole situation roll off his back and focus on playing his game and getting the 2-0 series lead. The Red Wings however could come into game 2 a little hot headed/payback minded and make some dumb plays and get some bad penalties.

I would venture to say the whole ordeal affects Detroit more than Nashville but only time will tell.

You're judging this as if the Wings were unprofessional goons. This team has seen this kind of bulls*** many times and the players are disciplined enough to know this can work in their favor big time. If weber's willing to snap like that from a pretty weak hit from z, he'll crack when his team is losing game 2 4-1 in the 2nd period. The guy's a douchebag. He'll make a mistake and it'll cost his team in the end, even if the league dropped the ball on this "fine." They call this guy a captain? Nick Lidstrom, please show this moron how a captain wins a Stanley Cup.
"If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke."

-Stephen Colbert

#437 redwashington2000

redwashington2000

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

Shin Webbbber F.... yr stupid mom for giving birth to a retard goon

#438 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

Bitz gets 2 games for CHECKING from behind. Zetterberg gets his head slammed for checking from behind. Weber gets 2 minutes and a fine for a quick severe response.

Bitz getting 2 games was a no brainer, not saying that Weber shouldn't of gotten something just to clarify.
IPB Image

#439 ValpoHockey

ValpoHockey

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

If slamming a guys head against the board is somehow only a positive thing for the aggressor (and even beneficial to the team) I thinkyou'd see it more often. Come on, you don't think they will be fired up because of this?

#440 GetToDaChoppah

GetToDaChoppah

Prospect

• 49 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

You're judging this as if the Wings were unprofessional goons. This team has seen this kind of bulls*** many times and the players are disciplined enough to know this can work in their favor big time. If weber's willing to snap like that from a pretty weak hit from z, he'll crack when his team is losing game 2 4-1 in the 2nd period. The guy's a douchebag. He'll make a mistake and it'll cost his team in the end, even if the league dropped the ball on this "fine." They call this guy a captain? Nick Lidstrom, please show this moron how a captain wins a Stanley Cup.

The thing has me in stitches over the whole ordeal is before end of the 3rd period, a majority of you would have loved to see Weber in red, now it's a mudslide of hatred and personal attacks.

Like the Wings have never had a player let emotion win and slip up at some point. Jesus I could see if Z would have gotten hurt but all is well, clean the panties out fellas ;)