617 replies to this topic

#441 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

The thing has me in stitches over the whole ordeal is before end of the 3rd period, a majority of you would have loved to see Weber in red, now it's a mudslide of hatred and personal attacks.

Like the Wings have never had a player let emotion win and slip up at some point. Jesus I could see if Z would have gotten hurt but all is well, clean the panties out fellas ;)

This guy serious right now?

This clown won't be back after we win game 2 and tie the series up. We will go back to the Joe win both there and this guy will never be seen again.

By the way.. cute username...

GetToDaGolfCourse

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#442 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

Shin Webbbber F.... yr stupid mom for giving birth to a retard goon

shea weber is not a bad person, he just made a big stupid mistake,but don't call his mother stupid,she was diagnosed with brain cancer when shea was fifteen and died in 2010

Edited by PredsFanTheBayouState, 12 April 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#443 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

The thing has me in stitches over the whole ordeal is before end of the 3rd period, a majority of you would have loved to see Weber in red, now it's a mudslide of hatred and personal attacks.

Like the Wings have never had a player let emotion win and slip up at some point. Jesus I could see if Z would have gotten hurt but all is well, clean the panties out fellas ;)

It was a dbag move, was it not?

#444 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

It was a dbag move, was it not?

I'd hate to bring up the whole Bertuzzi incident, buuuuut....

#445 DatsyukDangles

DatsyukDangles

Prospect

• 46 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

I think it's a sign that it was a major dick move if you need to compare it to the Bertuzzi/Steve Moore incident.

#446 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

Just cant call it what it is, can you.

What Bert did was wrong, no doubt.

#447 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

I think it's a sign that it was a major dick move if you need to compare it to the Bertuzzi/Steve Moore incident.

I completely agree that it was a dick move, but I do feel like posters here have double standards. I like Bert, I like Weber, both did terrible things, though I think both were in the heat of the moment and genuinely out of character for both.

Just cant call it what it is, can you.

What Bert did was wrong, no doubt.

I can call it what it is, it was a terrible, douchebaggy move, I just don't think one douchebaggy move makes someone a douchebag.

Side note: I do believe this deserved some sort of suspension and am pretty pissed it didn't get one. This seems like EXACTLY what the league is trying to get out of the game.

Edited by Lonewuhf, 13 April 2012 - 01:43 AM.

#448 Jocke

Jocke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:12 AM

Poor guy. He slams Z's head against the board and the NHL takes his lunch money :no:

#449 GetToDaChoppah

GetToDaChoppah

Prospect

• 49 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:01 AM

This guy serious right now?

This clown won't be back after we win game 2 and tie the series up. We will go back to the Joe win both there and this guy will never be seen again.

By the way.. cute username...

GetToDaGolfCourse

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm having quite the time here, so I think I'll stick around even after we take the series 4-1 ;)

Oh and don't get all petty insults with me because I'm telling it like it is. You guys would LOVE to grab Weber if Nashville didn't keep him & you'd be a liar if you say otherwise. Like one of your own said, don't throw Weber under the bus for one bad incident. The guy is an overall great player who has next to never had any history of unnecessary or foul play to be such a physical d man.

#450 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:13 AM

I really thought Babs' quote was great.

"The referees are trying to get to the Stanley Cup final like the rest of us."

#451 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm having quite the time here, so I think I'll stick around even after we take the series 4-1 ;)

Oh and don't get all petty insults with me because I'm telling it like it is. You guys would LOVE to grab Weber if Nashville didn't keep him & you'd be a liar if you say otherwise. Like one of your own said, don't throw Weber under the bus for one bad incident. The guy is an overall great player who has next to never had any history of unnecessary or foul play to be such a physical d man.

Yep, we once hated a guy by the name of Chris Chelios and then he became a Red Wing. But besides that, if the situation was reversed I would not defend a Red Wing player for a WWE move like that.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#452 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

Weber said he was glad Zetterberg wasn't hurt. Ryan Suter, Weber's partner, said he saw the incident on TV and "I didn't think he'd be in that much trouble -- I didn't think it was that bad."

Seriously?

#453 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

link

Weber deserved a suspension of at least one game, as a message that this isn't acceptable. Instead, the Predators basically mocked the ruling. Players reportedly joked about taking up a collection to help Weber pay the fine. Andrei Kostitsyn playfully shoved Weber's head into the glass at the end of practice, re-enacting the incident to the amusement of teammates.

if this is true im losing even more respect for the preds.

Edited by jeff48109, 13 April 2012 - 08:32 AM.

#454 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

link

FOTO:

Posted Image

#455 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

FOTO:

where did you find that photo?

#456 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

where did you find that photo?

Photo

#457 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

link

I never had any to begin with. We're winning this series and then Weber can bang his own head against the glass of a TV screen while watching the Wings play in the second round.

#458 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

that picture will be all over the wing's dressing room.

this is even better motivation than if weber had been suspended.

USE THIS, BOYS.
Posted Image

#459 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

Just found out I'm in Section 105, Row 1 for Tuesday's game. I need sign suggestions that won't get tossed by security regarding Weber. Let 'em rip!
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#460 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

Coach Mike Babcock said he went for a run before his news conference specifically to clear his mind of the topic. When asked if the Wings needed to not let thoughts of retribution be a factor for Game 2, he said: "Well, we don't have the personnel to get back at Weber. So we might as well get on with that. This is the way our team is built, and it's been built like this for a while. To me, it doesn't matter what anybody does -- when you win the game, that's what it's all about. So let's get past any of that."

aaaaaand initiate vomit sequence.
Posted Image