• Please log in to reply
617 replies to this topic

#501 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Being angry about the lack of response would be ignorant. It is assumed that the Wings look for the league to do the dirty work.

yeah, the league looking out. How did that work out? In the NHL for decades, teams had a component to address players that take liberties with their premium players. Most teams still do. The Wings used to be able to make teams pay for the physical play by putting pucks in the net on the pp. While they did have some pp goals in game one they are not even close to being productive enough on the pp to make that a deterrent. Now teams can take liberties with the Wings top players (How many years have we seen Hank get cross checked in the lower back? Too many!)with minimized risk of getting scored on during the ensuing pp.

#502 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

Posted Image

"Tee hee hee, look what we did last game!"

Unreal.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#503 redwingmachine

redwingmachine

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 381 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

Anyone who has played hockey (like I have for most of my life) and has worn NHL level helmets, knows a helmet shouldn't crack, and in 3 places no less, from something like that.

Again...maybe the visor cracked where it attached to the helmet, which I can see...but not the helmet itself...no way. Sorry. If it did indeed crack, it was probably already weak from previous impacts over the course of the season.

Maybe he just needs to switch helmet brands.

No-Check, No-Slap pick up games don't apply here kid, glad you play hockey and you finally found a way to fit that in to a discussion.

Read this:
"Never mind that Blutarsky's hit cracked Zetterberg's helmet in two places. (He says he'll be wearing a new one for Game 2 tonight.) Or that Zetterberg was dizzy enough afterward that he had to pass a concussion test"

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitne...9#ixzz1rw87mNNo

#504 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

Youre right Chelios would do alot worse. He would much rather skate and throw a nice elbow into the side of a guys head. as well as foote. Guy could deliver some devastating cross checks. Shane DOan plays on the edge and plays rallyf****** hard, Chara is the same way. Lecavalier has been know to walk the line as well. My point is this, I know it seems hard to believe while watching the wings, but there are a good aount of players that would do this or something like it.

That was an elbow in that film. The damage was done when the guy smacked his head on the ice. Not the same thing.

This would be similar to using a weapon like your stick to smack a guy. Elbows happen in hockey, as do cheap shots but taking somebodies head from behind and smacking it into the boards is akin to smack his head on the ice intentionally while you are on top. No place for that in hockey.

#505 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

It sucks, but what's done is done. Let's concentrate on winning Game 2, so we can avoid looking like ass. Zetterberg wasn't injured, he wasn't bleeding, he's playing tonight....it could have been far worse. Weber should have been suspended, but he wasn't. I'd be far angrier if Hank had to be carried off the ice on a stretcher unconscious and the same punishment was meted out.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#506 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

Zetterberg is ok so im over it. However I want to chime in about everyone complaining about how dirty he is, what an idiot he is, disgrace to capitancy blah blah blah. You guys do relize this is hockey right? Almost every captain in this league has a little dirtiness and snarl to them except for ours. I would welcome Weber to our team with open arms, maybe a few players would be more esitant to snow shower Jimmy or run roughshod down low.

You're right. I'm annoyed by the fact that our captain wouldn't grab somebody by the back of the neck and slam their face into the glass. What a pansy he is.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#507 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

You are 100% absolutely dead wrong. If you dont understand the physics of how helmets work, then dont post here.

Considering you lack of knowledge on the subject, you should keep quiet, as it only makes the point you are trying to make look sillier.

Stick to things you know, like losing to the Wings in the playoffs and being down 1-0 to the Sharks :hehe: (something we should both know about)

http://www.ehow.com/...ycle-rider.html

I added a link on here so you can get a better understanding on how helmets work. This article is on a motorcycle helmet, but the same applies for hockey, skiing, skateboarding, auto racing etc.

Ha, I was thinking motorcycle helmets too, since that is where most of my knowledge of how helmets work comes from. I'm not sure if helmets are manufactured the same across all applications, but I would beg to say they are at least similar. Helmets are not designed to take the hard impact and not give, they are designed to give as the impact is absorbed, that is how they work.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#508 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

The sad thing is there were accidental high sticks in the regular season that were pretty dangerous that got 2500 fines from the nhl. This was WAYYY worse and intending to injure. f*** that.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#509 Peadydog

Peadydog

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

Posted Image

"Tee hee hee, look what we did last game!"

Unreal.

Even worse, Preds Cellblock 303 is asking for pictures of people "Webering". We really need to see some Kronwalling tonight!

#510 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

It sucks, but what's done is done. Let's concentrate on winning Game 2, so we can avoid looking like ass. Zetterberg wasn't injured, he wasn't bleeding, he's playing tonight....it could have been far worse. Weber should have been suspended, but he wasn't. I'd be far angrier if Hank had to be carried off the ice on a stretcher unconscious and the same punishment was meted out.

Good suggestion. I am moving on to game two. Be prepared to let your voice be heard after the season (your being all of us who are frustrated). This will be a really big off season. They are a few months away from announcing a new arena & will want their fans to be united. Unfortunately fans could become apathetic if they don't build a team relevant to current market conditions.

Enjoy the game tonight all. It should be a good one. Easily one of the best match ups of the post season

#511 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

"webering"??

my oh my how I would love to see some "kronwalling" or some "mooreing" tonight :ph34r:
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#512 roboginger

roboginger

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

Link to Detroit news site

Edited the link because it was long and ugly,

Good thing he is taking this seriously

#513 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

yeah someone posted it in the other weber thread. i hope they post this up in the locker room today as a reminder and it lights a fire under their asses.

14 Fighting Majors

#514 roboginger

roboginger

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

yeah someone posted it in the other weber thread. i hope they post this up in the locker room today as a reminder and it lights a fire under their asses.

i did not see that Ill see if i can remove it then

#515 Dirty Dangle

Dirty Dangle

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

What a tool.

Posted Image

#516 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

i did not see that Ill see if i can remove it then

meh, no worries. i think it deserves its own thread.

Edited by redwingfan19, 13 April 2012 - 12:04 PM.

14 Fighting Majors

#517 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

Its actually made the sports news in the UK now which is a pretty big deal . They were interviewing a Canadian journalist on the radio and he pointed out that in the NFL you get fined $5000 for wearing the wrong socks!!!! Which shows how ridiculous the whole situation is.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#518 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

Its actually made the sports news in the UK now which is a pretty big deal . They were interviewing a Canadian journalist on the radio and he pointed out that in the NFL you get fined $5000 for wearing the wrong socks!!!! Which shows how ridiculous the whole situation is.

:thumbup:
IPB Image

#519 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

Yeah. No idea what happened to the U, N and T

:lol::lol::lol:
Posted Image

#520 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

Never really heard too much of about weber fighting...does he? Do we have anyone who can handle him? If a wing does tilt with him and gets crushed, this could lead to quite a momentum swing for the entire series.