• Please log in to reply
617 replies to this topic

#521 Bully76

Bully76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

The thing has me in stitches over the whole ordeal is before end of the 3rd period, a majority of you would have loved to see Weber in red, now it's a mudslide of hatred and personal attacks.

Like the Wings have never had a player let emotion win and slip up at some point. Jesus I could see if Z would have gotten hurt but all is well, clean the panties out fellas ;)

Stay in stitches, pal - trolling on other teams' forums. I don't think calling a goon out who's wearing the C is much of a personal attack anyway. I'd call it a valid criticism of his professionalism. The best revenge will be sending your team to the golf course in April so they can play around fake smashing each others' heads into the plexi-glass on their carts. Tools.
"If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke."

-Stephen Colbert

#522 Tim Cheveldae's Ghost

Tim Cheveldae's Ghost

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

It sucks, but what's done is done. Let's concentrate on winning Game 2, so we can avoid looking like ass. Zetterberg wasn't injured, he wasn't bleeding, he's playing tonight....it could have been far worse. Weber should have been suspended, but he wasn't. I'd be far angrier if Hank had to be carried off the ice on a stretcher unconscious and the same punishment was meted out.

Exactly. Fans waste too much time worrying about this sort of stuff. The decision was handed down, it isn't what we wanted but its time to move on and focus on the game at hand tonight. I'm sure the Wings players had already done the same yesterday.

#523 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

The Wings have been dealing with this type of s*** for years...they never seem to get caught up in it as much as we fans do, thankfully. If they play their game, they win, simple a that!

#524 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

I'm kinda glad there is no suspension only because I think we would experience a let-down in our play without shea weber out there. I would be scared s***less of losing to a preds team without shea weber in the lineup. I know it sounds stupid but all i could think about is how we would think we have the game in the bag if weber is out, and then come out flat and have a preds team work hard all around the ice to make up for weber's absence.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#525 purrrnella

purrrnella

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

Stay in stitches, pal - trolling on other teams' forums. I don't think calling a goon out who's wearing the C is much of a personal attack anyway. I'd call it a valid criticism of his professionalism. The best revenge will be sending your team to the golf course in April so they can play around fake smashing each others' heads into the plexi-glass on their carts. Tools.

The part that bothers me is Weber is a damn good Hockey player, there is no reason to stoop as low as he did! if he`s married hope his wife has a safe room!
Posted Image

#526 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

Exactly. Fans waste too much time worrying about this sort of stuff. The decision was handed down, it isn't what we wanted but its time to move on and focus on the game at hand tonight. I'm sure the Wings players had already done the same yesterday.

It really doesn't matter what the fans focus on. Just as long as the players have their heads right(assuming Weber doesn't assault them).

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#527 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

Yep, who gives a s*** if we're still talking about it. I'll continue to talk about it, today, tonight, tomorrow. As long as I feel like I have something to say about the matter, I will. If you don't want to read it, skip over the thread. After all, that's what discussion boards are for, discussing the topic of a particular thread, right?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#528 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

This thread is funny, especially the "he's gonna get kronwalled" stuff! :lol: The Wings won't do s*** about it cause we ain't got them team for that, Nill and Holland have made sure of it.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#529 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

Wow that's going a long way to explain away his helmet cracking.

While I believe you've been wearing a helmet most of your life, from your expert opinion as someone who wears NHL helmets, you can tell that there's no way it cracked in three places? In spite of you having not been at the game. Not having touched or inspected the helmet, or having even gotten a good look at the helmet before or after the headslam. Given that total lack of information, the most logical conclusion to you is obviously Zetterberg's lid was ready to blow at any second from general use over the course of this season, not from him getting his head slammed into the glass.

Makes sense.

Posted Image

#530 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

Even Barry Melrose said he should have got 2-3 games. Weber must be taken out.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#531 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,913 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

Posted Image

"Tee hee hee, look what we did last game!"

Unreal.

I wonder if Shanny feels any differently about his decision after seeing this picture.

Someone should tweet it to him if it hasn't been already.

#532 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

I wonder if Shanny feels any differently about his decision after seeing this picture.

Someone should tweet it to him if it hasn't been already.

...and done!

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#533 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

Not a comment about his particular hit, just a general comment:

Its funny, but also a bit sad to think back on the preseason. Shanny was harsh, but it seemd like he was being pretty consistent and sending a message. And NHL fans were happy enough to be rid of the Campbell wheel of justice...

Then the regular season started, and all consistency was gone, and we saw that we were almost right back where we started from, the only thing that happened was that we switched from Campbells wheel of justice, over to Shannys wheel of justice.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

#534 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 576 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

Webering anyone?

My link

#535 Dirty Dangle

Dirty Dangle

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

http://www.mlive.com...enrik_zett.html

Don Cherry defending Weber.

Edited by Dirty Dangle, 13 April 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#536 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

LOl Weber should faith hill someone
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#537 cprice12

cprice12

Resident St. Louis Blues Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Wow that's going a long way to explain away his helmet cracking.

While I believe you've been wearing a helmet most of your life,

I expect better from a mod. Shame on you.

from your expert opinion as someone who wears NHL helmets, you can tell that there's no way it cracked in three places? In spite of you having not been at the game. Not having touched or inspected the helmet, or having even gotten a good look at the helmet before or after the headslam. Given that total lack of information, the most logical conclusion to you is obviously Zetterberg's lid was ready to blow at any second from general use over the course of this season, not from him getting his head slammed into the glass.

Makes sense.

I've seen helmets take a lot more abuse than the turnbuckle play on Zetterberg and be fine.
I'd like to see a pic of the helmet where it cracked. I'd bet the helmet itself didn't crack, but the cracks occurred on the shield where it attaches to the helmet.

And to the rest of you tossing personal jabs. Stay classy.
I'm just discussing the play. Sorry if you can't handle it.

#538 cprice12

cprice12

Resident St. Louis Blues Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

No-Check, No-Slap pick up games don't apply here kid, glad you play hockey and you finally found a way to fit that in to a discussion.

:lol:
I played growing up, then in college, and then after college in men's leagues.
But hey...you can call 'em "no-check", "no-slap" if you like.
Whatever makes you feel superior on the interwebs. :clap:

Maybe I'm wrong. But I just don't see it. I'd love to see a pic of the helmet to see how it broke.

#539 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

im out

Edited by rrasco, 13 April 2012 - 06:17 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#540 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,897 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Never really heard too much of about weber fighting...does he? Do we have anyone who can handle him? If a wing does tilt with him and gets crushed, this could lead to quite a momentum swing for the entire series.

Unfortunately, yes. He is the one who concussed the Mighty Lilja and caused him to be out for almost a year.