• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Shea Weber fined for Zetterberg "headslam"

Rate this topic

Hank initiated it. Yeah, Weber did not need to slam his head into the glass, but I doubt he'll be suspended. Bert had a chance to do something, but did not. Maybe he didn't see the play, but I doubt he would of done anything even if he had. This team is neutered. But there is next game. Let's see how this team responds. Here's my bet: nobody on Detroit get's in Weber's face. That's easy money!

i never said it was okay did i? or are you blind?

Never coming out directly and saying it no, but you are seemingly defending it, by saying things like

jollymania, on 11 April 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

he didn't smash his head against the glass, it jsut wasn't hard and he sold the injury, he wasn't injured.

It amazes me that you can think this way and call yourself a Wings fan, so Zetterberg sold it... got a question, have you EVER once laced up skates and played organized hockey? Or are you an Armchair Expert at the sport?

I think it's bulls*** how players on certain teams (not just Nashville) clearly goon it up at the end of games with intent to injure and get nothing out of it when it's the playoffs. What Weber did was not hockey. It was just being a thug. He wasn't hurt, but he could have been. And this won't be the last time that this ******* does something suspension-worthy.

I might be way off, but I consider it a privilege to make the playoffs, even when my team has made the playoffs for 99% of my life. Idiots like these don't deserve to be playing to represent their team in the fight for the Cup.

Never coming out directly and saying it no, but you are seemingly defending it, by saying things like

It amazes me that you can think this way and call yourself a Wings fan, so Zetterberg sold it... got a question, have you EVER once laced up skates and played organized hockey? Or are you an Armchair Expert at the sport?

I have been in the same situation as zetterberg, getting your face smudged on the glass isn't fun but it isn't life altering like some people here think. All I am saying is that it wasn't that hard, can that make it through your skull?

if weber would have connected with anything of extreme malice he would have koed z and sent him off on a stretcher. It is a plain and simple concept that some people here don't understand.

So he wanted to slam his face into the glass, but not do it too hard?

That's kind of a nonsensical position.

So he wanted to slam his face into the glass, but not do it too hard?

That's kind of a nonsensical position.

he was just roughing it up at the end of the game, it happens. It was obviously an attempt at intimidation and possible injury. If he wasn't walking the thin line he would have nearly killed z.

Edited by jollymania

he was just roughing it up at the end of the game, it happens. It was obviously an attempt at intimidation and possible injury. If he wasn't walking the thin line he would have nearly killed z.

That I can agree with.

It was an unbelievably stupid play by Weber at the end of a big win for his team.

Hank initiated it. Yeah, Weber did not need to slam his head into the glass, but I doubt he'll be suspended. Bert had a chance to do something, but did not. Maybe he didn't see the play, but I doubt he would of done anything even if he had. This team is neutered. But there is next game. Let's see how this team responds. Here's my bet: nobody on Detroit get's in Weber's face. That's easy money!

Wow. Just wow....Take another look....Zetty is fighting for the puck and trying to check Weber off the puck....he didn't initiate a fight...he made contact with him.

Lastly, Bert did go after Weber but there was a linesman to break it up. You are neutered.

Are you freaking kidding me? Do you realize there was 5 seconds left in the game? You want him to be watching and worried about retaliating with 5 seconds left in a 1 goal game???

Wow. Just wow....Take another look....Zetty is fighting for the puck and trying to check Weber off the puck....he didn't initiate a fight...he made contact with him.

Lastly, Bert did go after Weber but there was a linesman to break it up. You are neutered.

Z did get him in the back of the neck, but that shouldn't warrant weber's reaction.

I have been in the same situation as zetterberg, getting your face smudged on the glass isn't fun but it isn't life altering like some people here think. All I am saying is that it wasn't that hard, can that make it through your skull?

The guys helmet was broken. Is that hard enough for you?

I don't think Weber will be suspended, and honestly, I dont think the Wings would benefit from him being gone unless it was for a significant period of time. If its just one game, i've seen teams actually rally around there player being gone and stepping up, playing better because of it.

The Wings should just use this as motivation. Weber knows he did wrong, and he should be looking over his shoulder for the rest of the series.

Wow you are a piece of work, I ask simple questions, and you take it to personal attacks such as I am blind and thick skulled, I just cant figure where you get off saying it wasnt that hard, like that makes it all ok....or that we should be thankful that Z actually tried to stop his head from slamming into the glass, because, well if Webber really Tried Z would be out...so yeah, man we should thank our lucky stars that Webber was such a gentleman and held back for all our sakes...

You are by far the one reason why I can see why so many other teams fans hate our fans....

Really? you are the one being irrational, I doubt you have played the game with any type of intestinal fortitude let alone play the game at all. You are creating a fallacy with my argument saying that I am some how condoning the play. It wasn't a hard hit, zetterberg sold it, most importantly it was extremely goon like and unnecessary and I won't reiterate this stuff to you again, you obviously are just being belligerent and want to think weber was out to murder z.

The guys helmet was broken. Is that hard enough for you?

the earpiece was ripped, big deal

LOL some of the responses are hysterical. How anyone can stick up for Weber and say he was just trying to intimidate is beyond me. You wanna intimidate, fight like a man. You don't go after someone AFTER the damn game ends and take their head and smash it against the boards. I don't care if Weber could have done much worse or that if he really wanted to he could have messed Z up. The intent was there. No one in their right mind just decides to do it unless wanting to cause injury. He deserves a suspension. At least two games.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

That is suspension worthy right there you killed your own point.

That is suspension worthy right there you killed your own point.

how does that kill my point? and what does suspension worthy have to do with killing my point? Some people on here were using a fallacy on me including you apparently.

Edited by jollymania