• Please log in to reply
617 replies to this topic

#121 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

the punch was bad but that stuff happens all the time in the corners, there was a TON of crosschecking going on in this game. and there are varying degrees of "attempt to injure". Some people here think that if there was ANY kind of intent it should automatically be 6 games or something like that.

Wings suffered a tough loss and then had one of their star players get his head slammed into the glass. I'm not sure why you're expecting people to be calm and rational about it.

#122 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

Still there is no argument. That is not a hockey play. If it was a lateish hit or a questionable elbow that can be looked at as fans overreacting. What we have here is something that should never happen no matter the severity. It isnt hockey and there should be no tolerance for it.

when am i saying it is part of hockey? And there should be no tolerance for it but it wasn't some kind of mega cheapshot. You guys and your fallacies...

Wings suffered a tough loss and then had one of their star players get his head slammed into the glass. I'm not sure why you're expecting people to be calm and rational about it.

im not, just giving it to them anyways.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#123 Wingin_it

Wingin_it

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

so you were assuming something? I repeated like 40 times that it wasn't hard, but it was stupid. It isn't hard to interpret, except for overreacting sports fans.

I'm a noob but count me as a passionate errr.. overreacting sports fan. I was hoping someone in this thread would be willing to split gas money to Nashville to go knocking on Weber's door.

#124 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

when am i saying it is part of hockey? And there should be no tolerance for it but it wasn't some kind of mega cheapshot. You guys and your fallacies...

im not, just giving it to them anyways.

Your making it sound acceptable and we should just accept it as playoff hockey. People are mad cause is a star player that doesnt play dirty, so it kinda translates to a major cheapshot, but thats just my opinion.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#125 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Its all gonna depend on the call at the end of the game.

Basically its in the Refs hands on how automatic it is. If the refs didnt call a match penalty like gross misconduct then he may not get a game.

Wrong. There have been several incidents this season in which no penalty was called and a player ended up getting Shanabanned.

I'm not quite sure how anyone could argue that what Weber did wasn't an intent to injure. Seriously? Weber first punches Z in the back of the head and then grabs the back of his head and slams it into the glass. I’d have to say that I’d be very disappointed if Weber doesn’t get at the least a game, but with the way the game was called, and with Bettman in attendance; I wouldn’t be surprised.

Edited by Vladiator, 11 April 2012 - 11:28 PM.

#126 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

I call BS, if this happened to a team mate of mine I would throw gloves no doubt! I say f*** Weber and I hope to see retribution in this series. Whether or not he gets a suspension for this he better have a target for this series. A dirty no-class act IMO withe 5 sec left. :ranting:

That's what I'm saying. Of course we aren't pro athletes, but that also means we don't travel 6/7 months with our teamates either. But never in my life would I let s*** like that go down against one of my friends

Edited by ben_usmc, 11 April 2012 - 11:23 PM.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#127 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

Your making it sound acceptable and we should just accept it as playoff hockey. People are mad cause is a star player that doesnt play dirty, so it kinda translates to a major cheapshot, but thats just my opinion.

No I am saying it isn't as bad as people are making it out to be, not acceptable. Nobody is saying it is acceptable.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#128 cprice12

cprice12

Resident St. Louis Blues Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

Zetterberg hit Weber high against the boards, could have been a boarding call...which is why Weber was upset.
But yeah, Weber overreacted and should probably get a 1 game suspension.
If this were the regular season he would probably get 2 games.

I'm not sure what he was thinking. If he was upset, he should have just dropped the gloves and said, "let's go". Zetterberg of course would skate away, but at least Weber would have made his point. But instead, he did something stupid.

#129 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

Zetterberg hit Weber high against the boards, could have been a boarding call...which is why Weber was upset.

I'm not sure what he was thinking. If he was upset, he should have just dropped the gloves and said, "let's go". Zetterberg of course would skate away, but at least Weber would have made his point. But instead, he did something stupid.

It would have been an unbelievably weak boarding call, even for this game.

Z comes up behind Weber and rolls off the hit. That kind of thing happens every game. Weber's reaction was ridiculously disproportionate to Zetterberg's hit, especially considering he just won the game.

#130 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

Not trying to get into another argument on here just saying weber was eating the clock in the corner so Z was trying to get the puck loose with the hit. There was never any danger in my opinion its a play that happens in most scrums. Weber should have just accepted the hit and took the win knowing he was going to need to take contact in that situation.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#131 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

It would have been an unbelievably weak boarding call, even for this game.

Z comes up behind Weber and rolls off the hit. That kind of thing happens every game. Weber's reaction was ridiculously disproportionate to Zetterberg's hit, especially considering he just won the game.

you are talking to a blues fan now. them and Nashville fans pretty much see the game the same. big bad wings getting what they deserved. would love to see what cprice said on his blues board. I use to look but the dude makes me sick every time I do.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#132 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

Weber has anger issues ... don't want on Wings. Suter instead.

#133 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

Getting so much press now. Can't see how he doesn't get suspended.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#134 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

Article from mlive...

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Nashville Predators coach Barry Trotz defended Shea Weber for his actions near the end of Wednesday's game, an incident that could land the big defenseman in hot water with the NHL.

Weber punched Detroit Red Wings forward Henrik Zetterberg in the back of the head and then slammed his head into the glass as time expired.

"Zetterberg hit him in the head first,'' Trotz said. "It wasn't much there. I mean, I was watching the scrum right after that with (Todd) Bertuzzi and (Paul) Gaustad and Bertuzzi comes in with a big-time haymaker. "I watched the first the one, I just think Zetterberg was getting tired at the end and knew Webs was there and the game was over.''

Asked what led to the sparks, Weber said, "It's playoffs.''

Does he think he'll be disciplined by the NHL?

"I don't know,'' Weber said. "He hit me from behind. So we'll see. I don't know.''

Zetterberg did not address the media. Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said he was "180 feet away'' and didn't get a good look at it and didn't see it on video.

At the bolded parts...all I can say is, really? <_<

Sure, Zetterberg technically gave him a little cross-check from behind. But, he rolled off Weber anyways. And Z made the pass on the play too. If Weber did that every time a player checks him like that, then he'd be head-slamming guys at least 5-6 times a game.

Edited by Nevermind, 12 April 2012 - 12:08 AM.

#135 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

s***....

UPDATE: From Sportsnet's very plugged in John Shannon: "Suspect the hit by Weber on Zetterberg will be reviewed, but big #6 won't miss any time."

Edited by ShanahanMan, 12 April 2012 - 12:00 AM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#136 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

Weber not only looks like a rat he shows he is one.

#137 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

Wrong. There have been several incidents this season in which no penalty was called and a player ended up getting Shanabanned.

I'm not quite sure how anyone could argue that what Weber did wasn't an intent to injure. Seriously? Weber first punches Z in the back of the head and then grabs the back of his head and slams it into the glass. I’d have to say that I’d be very disappointed if Weber doesn’t get at the least a game, but with the way the game was called, and with Bettman in attendance; I wouldn’t be surprised.

The League Office does not have to suspend in no match penalty was called. That is true.

During the season they step in a lot. Not as much in any playoffs I can remember. Now if it was a match penalty their hands are tied.

The Refs didnt call it an attempt to injure. Now with the media jumping all over this and the hit that happened in Vancouver, It's a pretty safe bet he will get a game.

We shall see.

Edited by NHLrules?, 12 April 2012 - 12:06 AM.

#138 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

some puck heads on twitter think weber won't be suspended since its the playoffs

#139 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

s***....

UPDATE: From Sportsnet's very plugged in John Shannon: "Suspect the hit by Weber on Zetterberg will be reviewed, but big #6 won't miss any time."

This is what I meant about the League not being bound unless the refs call a match penalty. We will see if its true but.... it comes down to how the refs call it.

#140 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

some puck heads on twitter think weber won't be suspended since its the playoffs

Then that will just prove that Shanahan is just another tool like Campbell was.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS