• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Shea Weber fined for Zetterberg "headslam"

Rate this topic

Here's my take; is this incident really that much different then the Burt , Moore punch other then the outcome ? A player punches another player from behind when he defenseless ( with webber adding the turn buckle move for good measure ) . I know this type of play happens often but really if the NHL wants to send a msg that these type of plays wont be tolerated then they need to suspend webber and for more then one game, does it take an injury That ends a career for the league to take notice. I know a lot of people won't agree with me and I accept that but what if z had been seriously injured ( a fact that we still don't know ) would the league then step in ? I wan't an NHL that is proactive in protecting players, not reactive.

Bertuzzi ended Moore's career.

Zetterberg is apparently fine.

The outcome is a huge part of it. I don't think they are comparable at all.

ooh well, if you were there then everything is fine. This indeed changes everything. No suspension.

I loled at that

Maybe a ten bell Kronwallian will change coach Trotz mind. Maybe deliver it to Radulov who seems to always have his head down

I loled at that

Maybe a ten bell Kronwallian will change coach Trotz mind. Maybe deliver it to Radulov who seems to always have his head down

I was honestly begging for Kronwall to lay some one out last night. Either way, it will happen sooner or later and when it does I will severely enjoy reading all of the outraged internet talking heads freaking about how dirty it was or about how he left his feet and blah blah blah. It will be awesome. I'm predicting Game 4 for someone to get Kronwalled.

If Franzen didn't get suspended for clocking Montador at the end of that Hawks game I can't see how this is suspendable.

I have to agree here.

The Weber hit was egregious, but Franzen should have gotten a game for the punch on Montador.

Franzen didn't get suspended, and I bet that Weber will be playing game 2.

Bertuzzi should have reverted to old ways, #breakamuthaf***asneck

Reasons for suspension.

1. repeat offender

2. direct intent to injure

3. so intimidating that no one on the redwings even thought about going after him

It's sad when Shanahan is still our only enforcer.

Amen. Suspend that peice of garbage or Bert will take care of him.

Any word on whether this is being reviewed?

If it isn't I say we get the ultimate warrior to lace up the skates, put on the winged wheel for the next game and he can show webber how to slam heads off the boards properly.

Chicago sports radio was even on the Wings side for this. They say since Duncan Keith got 5 games for hit on Sedin, that this was even more deliberate and playoffs shouldn't matter in the number of games.

Bertuzzi ended Moore's career.

Zetterberg is apparently fine.

The outcome is a huge part of it. I don't think they are comparable at all.

I disagree, if you want to send the msg that these plays won't be tolerated you gotta sit him, why only punish him if he causes injury , isn't tht sending the wrong msg?

Iirc the franzen punch was into the players face not the back of the head of a defenseless player , just saying.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I think Weber should be suspended a game for the incident. Do I think it will happen? No.

And you want this douchenozzle on the Wings??? There isn't any amount of attitude adjustment that would make me change my feelings towards this idiot.

I want Weber in the line-up Friday. The last thing we need is the Preds rallying around the loss of that piece of s*** for a game or whatever.

We'll compromise. He'll be in the lineup, but only for about 3 minutes.

Deal?

Chicago sports radio was even on the Wings side for this. They say since Duncan Keith got 5 games for hit on Sedin, that this was even more deliberate and playoffs shouldn't matter in the number of games.

But playoffs do matter.

Playoff games are considered more important and therefore missing 1 playoff game is like missing 2 or 3 regular season games.

Someone said this before the season...Shanahan or someone.

Well, that is a pretty decent point actually. Although, the fact the Canucks announced Sedin had a concussion the next morning surely impacted the suspension while the Wings are saying it seems like Zetterberg is ok. But the point about the intent being similar s valid.

You know Weber has super-human strength. He's the one who concussed the Mighty Lilja.

Personally I just think Weber has a hatred of Swedes. Think about it for a second...

First Weber concusses Lilja. He continually hates on Holmstrom. He did the head snap when Franzen lovingly grazed his face in admiration. Then he Ric Flair's Zetterberg.

Only Lidstrom is left on Webere's Swede Hatred List. Luckily for all of us Wings fans Lidstrom is super human and swedish or not Weber must respect

I disagree, if you want to send the msg that these plays won't be tolerated you gotta sit him, why only punish him if he causes injury , isn't tht sending the wrong msg?

Iirc the franzen punch was into the players face not the back of the head of a defenseless player , just saying.

You aren't reading what I am saying.

I think Weber should be suspended for a game. A message should be sent.

I never said he shouldn't be punished because there wasn't an injury. I said you can't compare the Bertuzzi-Moore play to the Weber-Zetterberg play because what Bertuzzi did was far more severe.

The Franzen punch was a sucker punch and was waaaay more violent than the Weber head shove. It was so hard and so fast that it may as well have been a blindside punch. There was no time to react...he really couldn't defend himself.

It's the playoffs, we all know how this works. Suddenly all common sense goes out the window. Things that weren't penalties in the regular season suddenly are. Things that are suspensions in the regular season suddenly aren't. Wouldn't be the first time and nothing shocks me anymore.

It's the playoffs, we all know how this works. Suddenly all common sense goes out the window. Things that weren't penalties in the regular season suddenly are. Things that are suspensions in the regular season suddenly aren't. Wouldn't be the first time and nothing shocks me anymore.

The blues fan might need a refresher.