• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Shea Weber fined for Zetterberg "headslam"

Rate this topic

You aren't reading what I am saying.

I think Weber should be suspended for a game. A message should be sent.

I never said he shouldn't be punished because there wasn't an injury. I said you can't compare the Bertuzzi-Moore play to the Weber-Zetterberg play because what Bertuzzi did was far more severe.

The Franzen punch was a sucker punch and was waaaay more violent than the Weber head shove. It was so hard and so fast that it may as well have been a blindside punch. There was no time to react...he really couldn't defend himself.

This thread is about Weber's shot at Zetterberg, not the Franzen love tap. Please don't derail the thread.

Chicago sports radio was even on the Wings side for this. They say since Duncan Keith got 5 games for hit on Sedin, that this was even more deliberate and playoffs shouldn't matter in the number of games.

I don't agree with that at all. Not sure how you say this was any more deliberate than the Keith eblow, I think the Keith elbow was pretty damn deliberate. Either way, that elbow was way more devastating of a hit than what Weber did. What Weber did was dirty, boneheaded, stupid, whatever, but how much damage could that really cause? He'd have to be the strongest guy in the world to really hurt anyone doing that. If he made contact with the attempted punch to the back of the head, I think that would be worse.

In terms of the playoffs not mattering in terms of number of games, that is plainly stupid of them to say becaus it obviously will and should matter. How could someone argue it shouldn't matter? It has been taken into account in every incident in the history of the game (for good reason) why would it be different now?

Personally, I think this is a real tough call. I think he should get 1 game, but I wouldn't be surprised if he only got a fine. I don't see him getting more than 1 game....if it was regular season, that would be different.

Zetterberg hit Weber high against the boards, could have been a boarding call...which is why Weber was upset.

It's technically boarding. He hit Weber from behind while Weber was facing the boards, and Weber's head hit the glass.

I'm not sure why it matters that Zetterberg "rolled off" Weber. It's still boarding. I'm sure all Weber cared about was the fact he felt he got boarded, and he said as much in the paper.

You seriously have to be kidding calling that boarding? It's ridiculous everyone out there defending Weber (not you, 'technically', because you said he deserves a suspension) saying Z needs a suspension as well because he 'boarded' him. If Z deserves a suspension, or a call for that matter, Bourque should have been stoned at center ice.

The most annoying thing about this thread is the amount of people spelling Weber with 2 B's. Its WeBer, not WeBBer.

Suspend his ass! I am not worried about the Wings at all. 2 of the Preds goals were really really bad bounces, and I think the Wings controlled most of the play. They will get to Rinne - we won't be Giguere'd!

Why do people keep talking about Zetterberg hitting Weber in the head. I have watched the replay 10 times now and I don't see any contact at all.

Also, is there video of the Bertuzzi punch ? I haven't seen it.

Edited by wingfan13

Why do people keep talking about Zetterberg hitting Weber in the head. I have watched the replay 10 times now and I don't see any contact at all.

Also, is there video of the Bertuzzi punch ? I haven't seen it.

Because they are trying to rationalize what happened and draw attention away from what Weber did. It really makes no sense. I bet they were fine with the Bourque call though. That would have been 5 and a game a week ago. Just as Babs asked...what changed?

Apparently Shanny has reviewed it. Just waiting on the final word to see what comes of it.

Source?

Edited by rrasco

I lost a lot of respect for Webber last night. Not only the hulk hogan turnbuckle action, but the complete embellishment with Franzen in the first period was weak.

I lost my mind when Weber embellished the Franzen knock especially considering Weber had just cross checked him.

Edited by mmamolo

I don't agree with that at all. Not sure how you say this was any more deliberate than the Keith eblow, I think the Keith elbow was pretty damn deliberate. Either way, that elbow was way more devastating of a hit than what Weber did. What Weber did was dirty, boneheaded, stupid, whatever, but how much damage could that really cause? He'd have to be the strongest guy in the world to really hurt anyone doing that. If he made contact with the attempted punch to the back of the head, I think that would be worse.

In terms of the playoffs not mattering in terms of number of games, that is plainly stupid of them to say becaus it obviously will and should matter. How could someone argue it shouldn't matter? It has been taken into account in every incident in the history of the game (for good reason) why would it be different now?

Personally, I think this is a real tough call. I think he should get 1 game, but I wouldn't be surprised if he only got a fine. I don't see him getting more than 1 game....if it was regular season, that would be different.

Having your face smashed into the glass? If it goes at a weird angle the helmet isn't going to stop it, or if the helmet gets pushed up, that is direct face contact with glass with pushing force. Yes a elbow is a sharp little bone, but having your face smashed into an object is just as bad.

Predators can whine and create their own reality all they want. The truth is they are not innocent, and no amount of rationalizing and name calling and disrespect to the Red Wings changes that.

I have zero respect for their franchise at this juncture.

I felt the same way. Even my neighbor who knows nothing about hockey caught that one.

To me, it was that incident as well as Stuart being levelled to the side of the Wings net from the blindside when he hadn't even played the puck that pissed me off the most.

I also didn't like when Quincey was racing back for the puck just before he took the holding penalty. I thought Quincey was hooked which caused the turnover and subsequent penalty. This one wasn't as bad but the Stuart and Franzen plays just blew me away

I lost my mind when Weber embellished the Franzen knock especially considering Weber had just cross checked him.

I really wanted Weber on our team. But in my eyes he's become one of the type of players I do not respect. Any supposed "star" who makes a career out of flopping, flailing, diving, overreacting (ala Forsberg) is a loser in my book. His head jerk when Franzen hit him was nothing short of bad acting. And then the double hit on Zetterberg was sickening. Here was a player totally out of control, WITH INTENT TO INJURE. He.is.nothing.but.a.loser. I hope the NHL shows some balls and nails him.

I really wanted Weber on our team. But in my eyes he's become one of the type of players I do not respect. Any supposed "star" who makes a career out of flopping, flailing, diving, overreacting (ala Forsberg) is a loser in my book. His head jerk when Franzen hit him was nothing short of bad acting. And then the double hit on Zetterberg was sickening. Here was a player totally out of control, WITH INTENT TO INJURE. He.is.nothing.but.a.loser. I hope the NHL shows some balls and nails him.

Im sorry to say, but you're going to be disappointed. I would bet just about anything that the NHL doesnt discipline what so ever

no suspension? screw it. just make sure weber is a -4 next game. that will hurt more.

If no suspension, I guess this sets the bar then huh? So we should expect no suspension when Bert does the same thing to Weber or Suter at the end of game 2 right? Right?

Or maybe since the NHL is saying that wrestling moves are OK, maybe Hudler can break out some of that offseason MMA training & get Weber in an omoplata or guillotine choke & see what happens.

Edited by ogreslayer