• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 LeonardSankar

LeonardSankar

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

I love this guy. I love that you find time to waste, and decide to post the most worthless amount of s*** on LGW. You make me smile, especially when you simply just look for negatives. Hell, I would be upset if the mods decided to ban you. I think you add flavor to the board, in a horrible way.

What am I supposed to do be a Homer and predict Stanley Cups every year? I want to win the Cup this year but it doesn't take a genious to realize that they are not winning a Cup this year and I have no shame in admitting it. Also as a result I have a right to vent as per the reasons why no cup is coming this year.

#22 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

What am I supposed to do be a Homer and predict Stanley Cups every year? I want to win the Cup this year but it doesn't take a genious to realize that they are not winning a Cup this year and I have no shame in admitting it. Also as a result I have a right to vent as per the reasons why no cup is coming this year.

I'm not quiet sure what the hell a genious is, but i'll take it that you meant genius. You magically have the powers invested in you to predict the future? We're not winning the Stanley Cup this year? Do you want to be my personal lottery drafter also? Come on dude, you're so far out of your element it makes me giggle alittle. Get a prescription for xanax or something.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#23 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

Somehow, I doubt this is true.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#24 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

I really wanted to post a "don't feed the troll" image, but after this one, I fear you're legitimately serious and I have to spell something out for you.

You can be a homer if you want to. That's totally your call. You can also be a negative fair weather fan that is no better than Chicago fans when the Blackhawks were suddenly in position to be good and win their first Stanley Cup. So what if you think they're not going to take it all this year? You're not alone. But the least you can do is support your team until the end if you really believe you're an actual fan.

That's what I would do at least. As a result, I have a right to tell you that if you aren't willing to watch the games on TV or in person then you aren't a real fan anyway.

Because quite frankly, it might have killed me to see what you saw in 2009, but I would have done a lot of things to be there, and it sounds like to me you didn't deserve to be there in the first place.

Edited by lookalive07, 12 April 2012 - 12:56 PM.

Posted Image

#25 ace76

ace76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

You guys should get another Bertuzzi chant going for sure so it fires him up and he has a career playoff night to remember.

#26 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

"how about we someone not soft as baby s***"

to long?

#27 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

How about chanting "C**Ksucker" every time he touches the puck
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#28 jfranzen

jfranzen

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

How about something like "F U Weber ... F U Weber"

Take off on an d WWF chant

SHEAS A *****!!! *clap srquence*

Here's mine: F*** you Weber !!!

How about chanting "C**Ksucker" every time he touches the puck

You guys stay classy.
I'm offended that you're offended.

#29 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

You guys stay classy.

Sorry ill amens mine to SHEA'S A PANSY
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#30 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

You guys stay classy.

ooh my god, curse words. My ear, my ears, they're bleeding.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#31 RedTydes

RedTydes

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

Jealous of those of you who get the opportunity to support the team in person on Sunday. As for the rest of us watching every minute from home, or the bar, we're with ya in spirit.
Posted Image

#32 LeonardSankar

LeonardSankar

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

I really wanted to post a "don't feed the troll" image, but after this one, I fear you're legitimately serious and I have to spell something out for you.

You can be a homer if you want to. That's totally your call. You can also be a negative fair weather fan that is no better than Chicago fans when the Blackhawks were suddenly in position to be good and win their first Stanley Cup. So what if you think they're not going to take it all this year? You're not alone. But the least you can do is support your team until the end if you really believe you're an actual fan.

That's what I would do at least. As a result, I have a right to tell you that if you aren't willing to watch the games on TV or in person then you aren't a real fan anyway.

Because quite frankly, it might have killed me to see what you saw in 2009, but I would have done a lot of things to be there, and it sounds like to me you didn't deserve to be there in the first place.

Actually I definitely deserved to be in attendance for game 7 2009 as I was ready to have a Cup party the morning of the game but when I went to the game it was a total disappointing experience thanks to the Wings performance. They gave me nothing to cheer for and forced me to have to watch my most hated team hoist a cup in my teams homce ice. So believe me you don't want to kill to be in a position to watch your team drop the biggest game of the year to a bunch of cry babies and have there fans invade your arena to add insult to injury.

As far as me predicting the future goes, well I didn't predict who will win the Cup but I can definitely tell it won't be the Wings but if you are too stubborn to believe that then that's your own opinion. I felt good about 2008 and it was all good, then I was iffy in 2009 and they came up 1 game short and then the last 3 post-seasons I have basically waved the white flag at a Cup b/c they are too undermanned!

#33 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

You guys stay classy.

Well it's kind of hard to chant c***sucker but I'd imagine the booing he will get will be 10x's louder than anything Fedorov ever got when he came back here
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#34 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

Actually I definitely deserved to be in attendance for game 7 2009 as I was ready to have a Cup party the morning of the game but when I went to the game it was a total disappointing experience thanks to the Wings performance. They gave me nothing to cheer for and forced me to have to watch my most hated team hoist a cup in my teams homce ice. So believe me you don't want to kill to be in a position to watch your team drop the biggest game of the year to a bunch of cry babies and have there fans invade your arena to add insult to injury.

As far as me predicting the future goes, well I didn't predict who will win the Cup but I can definitely tell it won't be the Wings but if you are too stubborn to believe that then that's your own opinion. I felt good about 2008 and it was all good, then I was iffy in 2009 and they came up 1 game short and then the last 3 post-seasons I have basically waved the white flag at a Cup b/c they are too undermanned!

I will agree with you that the Wings didn't perform as well as they could have, but with that said, you just completely disproved your point at the end of your post. The Wings were the better team that year. Bottom line, they were better. The Penguins won because they wanted it more and they showed it in Game 7. And as far as "deserving" to be there, sure, you probably did at the time. But even to be there because there was a CHANCE that you'd get to see the Wings hoist the Cup instead of the Penguins...the fact that your belief still stands even after considering that, is pretty bad. You didn't know going into the game what was going to happen at the end of the night, and unfortunately, you came out disappointed. The saddest thing in this situation is that it completely changed your perspective on the team you claim to be a fan of.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Posted Image

#35 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

Legendary thread.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#36 LeonardSankar

LeonardSankar

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

I will agree with you that the Wings didn't perform as well as they could have, but with that said, you just completely disproved your point at the end of your post. The Wings were the better team that year. Bottom line, they were better. The Penguins won because they wanted it more and they showed it in Game 7. And as far as "deserving" to be there, sure, you probably did at the time. But even to be there because there was a CHANCE that you'd get to see the Wings hoist the Cup instead of the Penguins...the fact that your belief still stands even after considering that, is pretty bad. You didn't know going into the game what was going to happen at the end of the night, and unfortunately, you came out disappointed. The saddest thing in this situation is that it completely changed your perspective on the team you claim to be a fan of.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

I never said the Penguins were the better team in 2009 they just got the better end result when it mattered the most which is why the experience was so disappointing. Up until that game I never went to the Joe as I live in Canada nearly 3 hrs from the border so once game 7 was set I decided to shell out some cash and make the road trip and I was excited and expected a Cup party after the game. The fact that the end result didn't go my way and the fact that I will probably never get another chance to see them win the Cup in person again or not even on TV again really sucks.

And also 2009 didn't change my perspective of the team as I knew the Wings were up against the Cap for the following year and I didn't expect a Cup in 2010 b/c Hudler, Hossa & Samuelson were most likely gone and they were an older team. But since that year its been nothing but decline for this team and the more I try to look for positives they keep letting me down so I am not going to be fooled. I watched this team play the entire 07/08 season and the level of play is night & day when compared to this years team with the only exception this years has a great goalie in Jimmy (see I said something good for once) It also doesn't help that the competition has gotten stiffer and thus I don't know when the next Cup is gonna come as I am pinning my hopes Kenny will bring in the help that they need but we can never be sure so I am not expecting a Cup unless I see the results.

#37 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

You guys stay classy.

People really shouldn't expect class on any internet message boards. It would be nice but really it's probably a supreme luxury than a necessity.

I mean, come on, you get to say whatever you want and not to someone's face. How do people NOT indulge in that? Not saying it's right, of course, but it's at least somewhat understandable.

#38 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

How about "(Something) Bett-man (clap)(clap)(clap-clap-clap)"?

I mean sure you could chant "Fire Bettman" but that's not enough for me personally.

Castrate?
Torture?

Or "Bett-man ******-bag"?

Could just go with the classics:

Red-Wings, Bumaye!
Red-Wings, Bumaye!
Red-Wings, Bumaye!

#39 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

How about "(Something) Bett-man (clap)(clap)(clap-clap-clap)"?

I mean sure you could chant "Fire Bettman" but that's not enough for me personally.

Castrate?
Torture?

Or "Bett-man ******-bag"?

Could just go with the classics:

Red-Wings, Bumaye!
Red-Wings, Bumaye!
Red-Wings, Bumaye!

"Execute Bettman" has a nice ring to it.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#40 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

"After they go down 2-0"

You are not a fan, there is no way you can be a fan. A fan sticks behind their team and a bandwagoner complains and cries when his team doesn't have all the superstars.

And after last night, Weber never deserves to wear the Winged Wheel
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."