• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 Chelios57

Chelios57

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

But if people are pissed enough at Shanahan: "Shannnnahannnnn - Shannnnnahannnnn" I mean hey, we did it to Osgood.
Atlanta Thrashers: 1999-2011

WINTER CLASSIC 2013

"When you want to measure yourself, you don't measure yourself against, no disrespect to TORONTO or any other team that I can think of right now, you measure yourself against the Detroit Red Wings. They are the best in the league, and whether they won last year's Cup or didn't win last year's Cup, they're the measuring stick." - Bruce Boudreau

#42 wingnut4013

wingnut4013

Prospect

• 39 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

So after the Preds go up 2-0 in the series on Friday what do the crowd at the Joe chant prior to game 3? I'd say they boo the s*** out of the Wings when they come out of the tunnel and then they need to get some chants going something along the lines of "Sign Suter", "Sign Webber", "Sign Paraise", or how about "Quency Sucks". Well I think the crowd has to send the message loud & clear so Kenny Holland knows what he has to do in the offseason in order to get this team back to 07/08 status and not the 5th or 3rd seed in the conference b/c its completely unacceptable!

You sir are what we call a bandwagon fan. Don't come running back when we win this series

#43 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

I never said the Penguins were the better team in 2009 they just got the better end result when it mattered the most which is why the experience was so disappointing. Up until that game I never went to the Joe as I live in Canada nearly 3 hrs from the border so once game 7 was set I decided to shell out some cash and make the road trip and I was excited and expected a Cup party after the game. The fact that the end result didn't go my way and the fact that I will probably never get another chance to see them win the Cup in person again or not even on TV again really sucks.

I said it before, I'll say it again. I find your lack of faith disturbing. Especially because I can probably safely assume that you've seen them win the Cup 4 times in your lifetime.

Just for a little bit of comparison, my dad was born in 1963, so in his lifetime, the Red Wings have won 4 Stanley Cups. Now, if you know anything about the Red Wings, you know that before they won in 1997, they hadn't won the Cup in 42 YEARS. Combine that with the 1967-1983 era where they made the playoffs only twice, and you can easily see that since my dad was 4 when that s*** started, he essentially grew up rooting for af****** god awful hockey team until 4 years before I was born and they still didn't win it until I was 9. I have absolutely no sympathy for you.

Edited by lookalive07, 13 April 2012 - 12:43 AM.

Posted Image

#44 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:45 AM

So after the Preds go up 2-0 in the series on Friday what do the crowd at the Joe chant prior to game 3? I'd say they boo the s*** out of the Wings when they come out of the tunnel and then they need to get some chants going something along the lines of "Sign Suter", "Sign Webber", "Sign Paraise", or how about "Quency Sucks". Well I think the crowd has to send the message loud & clear so Kenny Holland knows what he has to do in the offseason in order to get this team back to 07/08 status and not the 5th or 3rd seed in the conference b/c its completely unacceptable!

We're not thef****** Leafs. This is the classiest franchise in the league with classy (albeit some ungrateful ones) fans.

Edited by irishock, 13 April 2012 - 12:45 AM.

bringit.jpg

#45 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:19 AM

I'm not sure how to break this news to you...

The Wings will not win the Stanley Cup every year. :scared:

Edited by WorkingOvertime, 13 April 2012 - 02:53 PM.

#46 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,873 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

No team will win the Stanley Cup every year. :scared:

Wait... What?

#47 LeonardSankar

LeonardSankar

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

I said it before, I'll say it again. I find your lack of faith disturbing. Especially because I can probably safely assume that you've seen them win the Cup 4 times in your lifetime.

Just for a little bit of comparison, my dad was born in 1963, so in his lifetime, the Red Wings have won 4 Stanley Cups. Now, if you know anything about the Red Wings, you know that before they won in 1997, they hadn't won the Cup in 42 YEARS. Combine that with the 1967-1983 era where they made the playoffs only twice, and you can easily see that since my dad was 4 when that s*** started, he essentially grew up rooting for af****** god awful hockey team until 4 years before I was born and they still didn't win it until I was 9. I have absolutely no sympathy for you.

I started following this team in the 1988 playoffs until present and I've seen lots of ups & downs including 4 Cups. Up until the 2009 playoffs I used to be pretty confident that the Wings were gonna win the Cup or had a great shot as they fielded so many teams that were Cup contenders from 1993-96 that didn't win and then all of a sudden they finally won when they didn't have the great regular season records as the previous post-season failures. The difference b/t then & now is that these teams are not as good a previous editions and thus I am just making my case to get this team back to past glory and thus telling it like it is.

#48 DangleDangleBeach

DangleDangleBeach

BIG PAV DANGLE HARD

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

your such a clown... for some reason when people cant spell names of players they're discussing it already makes me question there judgement. quincey not quency, parise not PARAISE, WEBER NOT WEBBER.... HEY YOU SPELLED SUTER RIGHT!

why not just become a f***in preds fan if your going to slobber all over weber and suters knees. or even better yet... cheer for the blackhawks, you'd fit right in on that bandwagon where they only are fans when they're winning (sounds like you).

#49 LeonardSankar

LeonardSankar

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

your such a clown... for some reason when people cant spell names of players they're discussing it already makes me question there judgement. quincey not quency, parise not PARAISE, WEBER NOT WEBBER.... HEY YOU SPELLED SUTER RIGHT!

why not just become a f***in preds fan if your going to slobber all over weber and suters knees. or even better yet... cheer for the blackhawks, you'd fit right in on that bandwagon where they only are fans when they're winning (sounds like you).

Why would I jump on another teams bandwagon? When did I say I was rooting against the Wings? All I am doing is conceding that the Wings won't win the Cup this year and I don't see what's wrong with that.

The fact that the losses hurt me more than is hurts the players shows how big of a fan that I am and I expect nothing but the best from this hockey club and 4+ years without a Cup is long overdue in my books as we are not Leaf fans and thus deserve the best.

#50 3secondsleft

3secondsleft

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

Obviously, WWEber will be boo'd.
"Ahead to Fedorov, shot scores!"
"Time expires and the Red Wings have won the Stanley Cup!"

#51 DangleDangleBeach

DangleDangleBeach

BIG PAV DANGLE HARD

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

maybe if your as big of a fan as you claim to be then you should have faith in the organization and management that has given its city and you 4 cups since the mid 90's... a higher total then any other franchise. to admit defeat after a flukey game 1 loss makes you sound like a whiner (especially given the success of the team in your life as a fan).

so do what you want bud, chant sign parise/suter/weber.... real classy. maybe the rest of the league is right when they call our team/fans a bunch of whiners... your sure not helping our cause.

* and ask a toronto fan if they would mind waiting every 4 years for a cup and see what their response is.

Obviously, WWEber will be boo'd.

i like the nickname

#52 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

The Wings will win the Stanley Cup every year. :scared:

Has the nhl finally decided to make the wings their own stanley cup

#53 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

Con Cuss WE BER, Con Cuss WE BER, stomp stomp stomp. === Obviously they found the fine to be a pretty big joke as well, mocking what he did in practice in all.

You guys stay classy.

Fail
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#54 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

Has the nhl finally decided to make the wings their own stanley cup

I've had to edit that post three times now. I'm not sure why I can't get it right. :hehe:

#55 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

The last tickets I purchased were Game 7 2009 and they blew the Cup and I will not buy anymore Wings tickets unless they are in firm position to win a Cup.

Sorry Lenny, I'm happy to say you'll never be seen in the Cathedral known as Joe Louis Arena again. You'll never get a more "firm"position to win than a clinching game on your ice unless you're just saying "I Lenny Sankar can only show up with a 3-0 series lead."

Detroit; Bringing class and honor back to the Eastern Conference since 2013

14361232487_e1fbf33701.jpg

#56 jfranzen

jfranzen

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

ooh my god, curse words. My ear, my ears, they're bleeding.

It has nothing to do with profanity. Those are thing's I'd expect out of Trashville, or SJ. I guess I just don't get "jeering".
I'm offended that you're offended.

#57 LeonardSankar

LeonardSankar

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

Sorry Lenny, I'm happy to say you'll never be seen in the Cathedral known as Joe Louis Arena again. You'll never get a more "firm"position to win than a clinching game on your ice unless you're just saying "I Lenny Sankar can only show up with a 3-0 series lead."

I'll show up for being up 3-1 for a game 5.

maybe if your as big of a fan as you claim to be then you should have faith in the organization and management that has given its city and you 4 cups since the mid 90's... a higher total then any other franchise. to admit defeat after a flukey game 1 loss makes you sound like a whiner (especially given the success of the team in your life as a fan).

so do what you want bud, chant sign parise/suter/weber.... real classy. maybe the rest of the league is right when they call our team/fans a bunch of whiners... your sure not helping our cause.

* and ask a toronto fan if they would mind waiting every 4 years for a cup and see what their response is.

i like the nickname

Well when the team is not winning then the fans have a right to whine about it. And I didn't admit defeat after game 1 as I admitted defeat in the playoffs long before the playoffs started. All I said was that this team is not good enough to win the cup this year. Do you want me to just predict a Wings Cup b/c they are my team? Sure I'll go crazy if I am wrong but the facts don't lie as our team is not talented enough this year to win so we have to deal with it and the only way to deal with it is if Kenny gets the needed help in the offseason.

#58 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

Series tied 1-1 buddy, so why don't you shut the hell up?
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#59 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

How about "Lets Go Red Wings!"? That works for me.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#60 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

Why is anyone responding to this person? He is obviously desperate for any kind of attention - even this kind. How very sad.

And just so it's clear, ALL I did before I responded was to read his original post. I read nothing else on here.

Edited by Vladifan, 14 April 2012 - 06:56 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.