• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Nyquist in game 2

Rate this topic

Great. Now who's gonna replace Emmy?

Mursak, Sheahan, Connor, take your pick, any of them could do a better job than Emmerton right now. I would prefer Mursak myself, but I will settle for anyone. Connor and Mursak bring speed and tenacity on the forecheck, and despite a lack of size they are not afraid to throw a bodycheck, and Sheahan brings size and defensive awareness. Emmerton brings nothing unique or necessary to the lineup.

Mursak, Sheahan, Connor, take your pick, any of them could do a better job than Emmerton right now. I would prefer Mursak myself, but I will settle for anyone. Connor and Mursak bring speed and tenacity on the forecheck, and despite a lack of size they are not afraid to throw a bodycheck, and Sheahan brings size and defensive awareness. Emmerton brings nothing unique or necessary to the lineup.

would love to see mursak in the lineup. i don't really have anything against emmerton but mursak is a better option no doubt.

I know that...that was my point. But I want to know who's really going to replace him. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Emmy dress tomorrow and play whole nother 2:52.

I know that...that was my point. But I want to know who's really going to replace him. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Emmy dress tomorrow and play whole nother 2:52.

Sorry, didn't realize it was a rhetorical question.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Nyquist-Filppula-Franzen

Bertuzzi-Abdelkader-Hudler

Miller-Emmerton-Cleary

I think this gives the best possible spread with Helm out. Here's why:

-Loading up on the first line completely occupies the Weber/Suter pairing, and by throwing Holmstrom in there you KNOW one of them is tied up out front of the net and screening Rinne even more.

-The second line has all kinds of skill and can score-Franzen and Nyquist have shown that they work well and that line will be hard to match.

-The third line gives you some grit and skill - Hudler can be effective down here on the third line as he will have more time and space and he's with two big bodied guys - this line depends on Hudler elevating his game and being the go to guy with the puck.

-The fourth line is pretty solid considering Cleary played like a man possessed last night and looked great. This line gives you a good grinding line that will be responsible with the puck. Its not anchored anymore by Holmstrom and can crash and bang as needed.

A lot of people are saying that it makes sense to have Franzen or Fil play 3rd line center, but I think this gives you the most bang for your buck. Emmerton can handle 4th line duties-albeit he won't win you games but I think that fourth line won't lose you any either.

Guest Crymson

Great. Now who's gonna replace Emmy?

I hate that this needs to be repeated so often, but I'll do it anyway. Emmerton will definitely be in the lineup, because there is nobody else available to play center on the 4th line. Replacing Emmerton would thus doom the 4th line to destruction in the faceoff circle. Sheahan is ineligible to play in the postseason, having signed his ELC after the trade deadline. This leaves only Andersson as a possible option, and there's nothing to say that he'd do any better than Emmerton. He might very well do worse--he's got all of five games of experience in the NHL--and that's possibly a risk that Babcock feels he cannot reasonably take at the moment. So we're stuck with Emmerton. We may at least have the faint hope that he will return to his early-season form.

On a related note, Emmerton played last night so that Abdelkader would be able to play his bang-and-crash game on the wing. No doubt Babcock judged this to be important against a large and physical Predators team.

Edited by Crymson

Emmerton is terrible and yes we do have someone else who has played center before in his career... DREW MILLER!!!

Here are what I think the lines should be:

Datsyuk- Zetty- Homer

Franzen-Fil-Hudler

Cleary-Abdelkator-Bertuzzi

Conner-Miller-Nyqust

- Solid top line and pavel can't win faceoffs because his wrist is injured and him playing with hank is way better then useless Franzen. Also Homer was fantastic last game and the Wings top 2 lines were lacking consistent net front presence all game- - Homer will provide that

- Solid 2nd line that has worked magic in the past

- solid 3rd line checking line that was amazing last year in the playoffs. The addition of Bert really solidifies the line imo

- Miller can center the 4th line and he would have 2 speedy Wingers to work with... this could be a really good energetic line for Mike Babcock

I think these lines would be our best.

Emmerton is terrible and yes we do have someone else who has played center before in his career... DREW MILLER!!!

It's a good idea for the most part. Miller is just very inexperienced in faceoffs though and those are huge when it comes to the playoffs. But in regards to all the other duties for a centerman I think he can do a solid job. I wouldn't expect any shred of offense from him though in that role.

I hate that this needs to be repeated so often, but I'll do it anyway. Emmerton will definitely be in the lineup, because there is nobody else available to play center on the 4th line. Replacing Emmerton would thus doom the 4th line to destruction in the faceoff circle. Sheahan is ineligible to play in the postseason, having signed his ELC after the trade deadline. This leaves only Andersson as a possible option, and there's nothing to say that he'd do any better than Emmerton. He might very well do worse--he's got all of five games of experience in the NHL--and that's possibly a risk that Babcock feels he cannot reasonably take at the moment. So we're stuck with Emmerton. We may at least have the faint hope that he will return to his early-season form.

On a related note, Emmerton played last night so that Abdelkader would be able to play his bang-and-crash game on the wing. No doubt Babcock judged this to be important against a large and physical Predators team.

Shaehan is playoff eligible since the Wings owned his rights already.

Guest Crymson

Shaehan is playoff eligible since the Wings owned his rights already.

It appears you're correct. My bad. Whatever the case, Sheahan has size but lacks speed and experience at even the minor-league level, let alone the NHL level. If Emmerton is to be replaced, I'm sure it'll be Andersson who is called up. He's large and has had a good season with the Griffins.

It appears you're correct. My bad. Whatever the case, Sheahan has size but lacks speed and experience at even the minor-league level, let alone the NHL level. If Emmerton is to be replaced, I'm sure it'll be Andersson who is called up. He's large and has had a good season with the Griffins.

Babs had a hard-on for Sheahan's size when he played the other night. IF he didn't take a 4min high sticking penalty I think a lot more people would have focussed on his strong play down low and did well. He was nervous as hell though and who knows if he can hold up in the playoffs but he has the skill set we need for sure. I can see babs adjusting the bottom six if things don't work out next game.

I agree with the assessments. I just thought it was pointless Emmy got less than 3 minutes last night. Of course, that might have something to do with the penalty parade. Does Emmy get any special teams time?

Guest irishock

I don't think Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom is going to work out as well. I'd rather Bertuzzi or Hudler on instead of Homer.