• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeonardSankar

NHL Should Make Injuries Fair Game!

Rate this topic

Well I don't know about you guys but I don't understand why people keep talking about cutting down injuries & cheapshots when we all know they will never stop b/c we all know players want the other teams players to get injured b/c those teams will be easier to beat. Also fans want the teams other players to miss time due to injury b/c they get a better chance of watching their team win. Case in point I have no problem if the Preds suffer a rash of injuries or Pens, Canucks, Sharks for that matter. In the world of sports its all about looking out for #1 and just getting your team to win or the team that you have cash on if you are a bettor.

I think the league has to accept that professional sports is all about winning and the only way to put away the injury/cheapshot issues to bed is to legalize it and let the players all knock each other out until we have no healthy bodies left and then they will learn their lessons only then.

Also you have to look at the coaching and I bet if you ask any NHL coach if they would like Cindy Crybaby injured or healthy and all 29 coaches will say they rather him injured b/c he can't hurt me from the press box. It's that plain & simple b/c winning is everything in pro sports and if you have a chance to injure someone with a clean hit you do so and if you want to take a cheapshot to injure someone you do it at your own risk as there will be some retribution from the other teams players.

Well I don't know about you guys but I don't understand why people keep talking about cutting down injuries & cheapshots when we all know they will never stop b/c we all know players want the other teams players to get injured b/c those teams will be easier to beat.

Presumptuous. Implies league-wide classlessness and lack of respect for other players. Is idiocy.

Also fans want the teams other players to miss time due to injury b/c they get a better chance of watching their team win.

Want my team to win by playing the better hockey, not by being lucky that Player X isn't dressed ∴ presumptuous.

Case in point I have no problem if the Preds suffer a rash of injuries or Pens, Canucks, Sharks for that matter.

Not the point you're trying to make. You appear to be suggesting that the league should allow people to injury people freely. This ^ is a completely different matter.

In the world of sports its all about looking out for #1 and just getting your team to win or the team that you have cash on if you are a bettor.

Presumptuous that all sports and all teams/organistations put winning above all else. It is a goal, yes, but not an ends to which all means are valid. Also implies that the "bettor" has some form of power in deciding the outcome of a contest but chalking that one up to poor grammar.

I think the league has to accept that professional sports is all about winning and the only way to put away the injury/cheapshot issues to bed is to legalize it and let the players all knock each other out until we have no healthy bodies left and then they will learn their lessons only then.

Or to suspend players like they do now. Legalising simply means more people will do it, not less, ∴ idiocy.

Ignores the consequence of injuries, namely that the standard of hockey will decline, not to mention the number of children taking up a sport that allows it's players to freely injure their teammates. Idiocy.

Also you have to look at the coaching and I bet if you ask any NHL coach if they would like Cindy Crybaby injured or healthy and all 29 coaches will say they rather him injured b/c he can't hurt me from the press box.

Again shortsighted, suggests that all coaches are classless and that they want to see stars injured. On a deeper level, suggests coaches are only there to win and don't have any love for the game. Also implies coaches are open to having their own players targetted as to suggest otherwise would mean one team's players are of higher intrinsic value than another's.

It's that plain & simple b/c winning is everything in pro sports and if you have a chance to injure someone with a clean hit you do so and if you want to take a cheapshot to injure someone you do it at your own risk as there will be some retribution from the other teams players.

It is, most certainly, the opposite.

It's that plain & simple b/c winning is everything in pro sports and if you have a chance to injure someone with a clean hit you do so and if you want to take a cheapshot to injure someone you do it at your own risk as there will be some retribution from the other teams players.

Presumptuous. Implies the feeling is universal to hockey. Is idiocy.

True but implied, once again, that it is universal to hockey. A player might want to cheapshot someone, but not necessarily injure. As above,IS IDIOCY.

I know you are simply trolling, and that I shouldn't have replied to such an ill-devised suggestion that is both poorly articulated, and half-baked. What you've outlined is a cheap, dirty, gutless route to hollow victory that would only be grasped by a coward who would rather be gifted things in life than to work for it, and pay with the sweat off his brow, safe in the knowledge that win or lose s/he can be proud of their effort because they gave their all until the end and respected their fellow man. What you've suggested is nothing more than legal assault. You sicken me.

Whats wrong with it b/c people injure the players I like who play for my teams so why should I have respect for the other teams? Teams love playing the Wings when they are short-handed so why can't the Wings do the same to them? I don't know the players personally so to me they are just a commodity and thus not their to be my friends. All I care about in the world of sports is that the team that I am rooting for wins as I couldn't care less if its a blowout win or an OT win as all I want are wins as I am greedy when it comes to this.

I bet you if the NHL or any sport started to legalize cheapshots and have everyone fend for themselves after the injuries started to mount then the players would then finally get it that its wrong to go out and cheapshot people. Case in point is that the suspensions don't deter it as look what Weber did last night? So why not let them destroy each other and see how many are left standing?

You cant seem to start a thread that anyone agrees with :thumbdown:

Allowing the intent to injure is not only asinine, its down right reckless. Condoning headshots that could end a career, paralyze or kill because "its going to happen anyways" maybe fun to watch on Xbox but I think real adults are going to frown on a greenlight to head hunt.

I dont know where you come up with this tripe that you spew but maybe you should double check it before distributing it to the public, especially those that are over 10 yrs old.

You cant seem to start a thread that anyone agrees with :thumbdown:

Allowing the intent to injure is not only asinine, its down right reckless. Condoning headshots that could end a career, paralyze or kill because "its going to happen anyways" maybe fun to watch on Xbox but I think real adults are going to frown on a greenlight to head hunt.

I dont know where you come up with this tripe that you spew but maybe you should double check it before distributing it to the public, especially those that are over 10 yrs old.

This should be a big hint Mr. Sankar, unless you are on some quest to be the most negged user on LWG, your threads don't seem to attract a positive response. Ever.

I'm not even going to touch on how many things are wrong with the OP, as Wings Across The Pond pretty much covered it. I can't even tell if I should take this post seriously or if it's intended to be humorous and sarcastic, that's how far off base it is.

Whats wrong with it b/c people injure the players I like who play for my teams so why should I have respect for the other teams? Teams love playing the Wings when they are short-handed so why can't the Wings do the same to them? I don't know the players personally so to me they are just a commodity and thus not their to be my friends. All I care about in the world of sports is that the team that I am rooting for wins as I couldn't care less if its a blowout win or an OT win as all I want are wins as I am greedy when it comes to this.

I bet you if the NHL or any sport started to legalize cheapshots and have everyone fend for themselves after the injuries started to mount then the players would then finally get it that its wrong to go out and cheapshot people. Case in point is that the suspensions don't deter it as look what Weber did last night? So why not let them destroy each other and see how many are left standing?

First Paragraph: I don't know you personally ∴ YOU are a commodity to me, the views of which I can care nothing about and not feel any guilt (if we are to use your logic there). Secondly I'd prefer my team to lose with dignity in the face of hard work and fair contest than win as a result of playing against teams that they've had to go out and weaken to have any chance of beating.

Second Paragraph: It's idiocy. Weber's play, whilst gutless and infuriating to watch, was reactionary not premeditated thuggary which you suggest adopting. Not to mention that if the NHL legalised cheapshots yes, the vast amount of players would learn, but it would give rise to players not skilled enough to hold down a regular place in a team simply intending to injure people. If you legalise it, there will always be people doing it.

Then we'll get rid of those pesky rules here and make hurt feelings fair game. Then people will tell you what they think with much less tact, intelligence, and grace than Gabe used in Post #2 of this thread.

Ahh why thank you :)

Is that you, Pronger??? Hold on,... even Pronger has more class than that.

In the world of professional sports I put winning ahead of class as all I want are for the teams I am rooting for to get the W and thats all that matters! I don't care who's toes I got to step on as all I want are Wins!

Unf***ingreal....

I want to be the first guy in the NHL to take his skate off and try to stab somebody!

/obvious sarcasm and Happy Gilmore quoting

Yup, lets see Dats and Z get cheapshot and miss 70 games a year and while we're at it, take the ban off steroids and turn the NHL into a sideshow. I straight up hate some people. As if i'm not already pissed enough about Weber's antics, i have to read a supposed Wings fan spit this s***. WTF?