• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 2 GDT : Red Wings 3, at Nashville Predators 2

Rate this topic

Our D is extremely week on the puck and they are terrible at clearing the zone.

Awesome on skating out of the zone but terrible in our own end and ESPECIALLY in front of our own net.

I'll pay extra attention next game, but to me looks like a lack of support. The D gets it up to the forwards who then proceed to lose it. The D close off their men and win the majority of their battles but the forwards hang them out to dry.

1) To be fair, I never once used the word "revenge".

2) Call is whatever you want, but history has proven that this board is chalk full of fair-weather fans/trolls and I have zero problems calling them out for exactly what they are. Don't attempt to try and guide my views. If you don't like my opinions, there is a fantastic block option I encourage you to utilize.

3) We are NOT all Red Wings fans here, and there is a large portion of users who would like nothing better to do than wave their "I told you the Wings would lose because Kenny didn't sign ________ or ___________"

I am no better and no worse than anyone on here.

I didn't say you used the word "revenge." I took this...

Screw all the "we need to get revenge but I know this team won't" haters. There's the door. Kindly show yourselves out and leave the rest of us to bask in the glory of that which is Red Wings hockey. Never doubted this team for a second.

...to mean, "You said we wouldn't get revenge. Well, we did." Maybe I misread. It wouldn't be the first time.

As for the other points - I stand by my position. As lame and annoying as fairweather fans may be, the holier-than-thou "I'm a fan, you're not. I never doubt this team. Look at my merit badges" business is right up (or down) there with it.

But I'm derailing this thread now, so I'll leave it at that.

Ericsson has been Bad ass since his injury return. Also Props to Cleary (who I bag on all the time) he has played very good, lastly congrats to Emmerton. I feel like Datsyuk just looks injured or out of sync hopefully he can figure it out and start to light it up. All around the wings looked good and determined, I'm just hoping we can watch a SC highlight video a few months, interviewing the opposing teams talking about how ******* stupid Weber and Nashville was for the cheapshot and then joking around in the fact they woke up a sleeping juggernaut.

I'll pay extra attention next game, but to me looks like a lack of support. The D gets it up to the forwards who then proceed to lose it. The D close off their men and win the majority of their battles but the forwards hang them out to dry.

ill check it out too

At this point team D is a huge problem. Dats and Zet are really the only two ForwardsI would consider excellent on this team other than Helm. The loss of helm and eaves is a real problem right now.

Guys there was nothing wrong the officiating tonight... every call for the most part was legit... the Wings have to do a better job at staying out of the box because as good as their PK has been, Nashville will score on the PP eventually.

And yes, Pavel is CLEARLY injured... he isn't able to control the puck like he normally can, his passing is off, his shooting has been WAY off, though he was better on faceoffs. But he needs support behind injured with his wrist and Franzen floating around is not oging to do that.

Not a pretty win but with all the PP time the Preds had in that one, i'll take it and smile.

Home ice advantage just like that!

The Octopus' 8 arms represent the 8 wins required to win the Cup when it started thus the tradition... what does a catfish have to do with anything besides that people in Nashville may fish for it? There are catfish in the Detroit River lol. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery but still <_<

Edited by Yak19

Oh big E.

He had a couple of terrible pinches and took a lazy penalty.

Lead the team in TOI, the refs won't let either team play 5v5.

That said, big E is looking every bit worth the contract holland and Illitch handed him.

Datsyuk with 6+ minutes on the PK tonight! Give him a rest boys!

Our D is extremely week on the puck and they are terrible at clearing the zone.

Awesome on skating out of the zone but terrible in our own end and ESPECIALLY in front of our own net.

Kronwall, Stuart, Ericsson, Quincey are all strong on the puck. Lidstrom is shifty and has great balance with the puck. White is neither string or weak on the puck.

I'd expect us to look much better in front of our own net the next two games on ice that isn't made from gluing refrigerator ice cubes together.

I had to watch the game on DVR and other than severely laying back in the 3rd I think we played a pretty complete hockey game. We played pretty close to the same as last game although it was apparent the nerves were gone. You have to give huge ups to our PK, we are 100% against the #1 PP in the league..

We needed to split the series in Nashville and we did it.

Now its Hockeytown time!!! If we get that record streak magic back we have this series locked by Tuesday god willing.

Im sticking with my prediction that we win it at the JLA (wings in 6)

First time poster but I have watched a lot of redwing playoff hockey in the last 21 yrs and although they got outplayed tonight this team played with heart grit determination and a lot of anger. This is a generally soft team but tonight the played their asses off. You can complain about this and that but we won and we deserved to win. Everyone stepped up except for maybe Quincey but if they play with the same amount of heart every night they will be tough to beat and heck everyone needs a few bounces here and there anyways go Wings hope to talk to you all soon.

Kronwall, Stuart, Ericsson, Quincey are all strong on the puck. Lidstrom is shifty and has great balance with the puck. White is neither string or weak on the puck.

I'd expect us to look much better in front of our own net the next two games on ice that isn't made from gluing refrigerator ice cubes together.

No way.

NHLRules is RIGHT. We are weak on the puck in our zone. What in the world is going on? We all of a sudden cannot clear the puck against a Nashville Preds team with, I'm sorry to say, mostly no-name players? Some have some respect, but they don't have Crosby's or Sedins, or even Doans on that team.

COME ON guys. Our defense is hanging on by a thread. And I still don't get it how we are giving up odd man rushes when we are supposed to be shutting the game down late in the 3rd.

I'm telling you, we should be thanking God WE aren't down 2 games in this series. The preds get the puck on their stick in that first period and they are up by 1-2 goals early, and if they finish at all in the 3rd, we likely have a game stolen from us.

I think the wings will play better at home, and God I hope so. Blown defensive assignments, inability to clear the puck, move it from the forecheck, these are real problems. If we were playing a SJ team, Chicago, St. Louis, etc, and played defense like this we'd be getting killed.

It's funny that every year the wings are one of the least penalized teams in the league during the regular season. Once the playoffs come around all of a sudden they are a bunch of goons in the refs eyes. They, on average, are killing at least one 30+ second 5 on 3 per game now. Not sure if that happened 5 times all season. Hopefully well get some calls back home. Doubt it.

Great game but they need to be much better. Nashville outplayed the Wings for a better part of the game. Franzen was supposed to wake up when the playoffs started? Looking forward to seeing that when it happens. Wings need to ramp it up back home and crush these clowns.

Great game but they need to be much better. Nashville outplayed the Wings for a better part of the game. Franzen was supposed to wake up when the playoffs started? Looking forward to seeing that when it happens. Wings need to ramp it up back home and crush these clowns.

No, Nashville outplayed the Wings in the 3rd. The first two periods were owned by Detroit, no question. They could have had an even bigger lead.

Franzen scored the GWG btw.

So much negativity around here. This is a very good team we're facing and if not for a couple of fluke bounces in Game 1 this would be a 2-0 series lead for the Wings. But no one can expect us to just roll over a team as solid as Nashville. Just be glad we're not Pittsburgh or Vancouver right now.

All I can say and have said not necessarily on this forum is E should have been playing with Lids a long time ago. He needs to learn from the best of the best and you definitely see that.

Okay all you fans going to The Joe I want to hear some TODD BERT-TUZZI chants. He deserves it!

If I recall correctly when E made his initial splash in the playoffs a couple of years back he was paired with Lidstrom as well.