• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 2 GDT : Red Wings 3, at Nashville Predators 2

Rate this topic

Franzen scored the GWG btw.

One goal does not a good game make. Yes he scored but in reality all he did was skate towards the net and the puck hit him. Its good that he went to the net as thats what weve all been asking him to do for weeks and look what happens. He was invisible the rest of the game. You cant ignore the fact though that the Weber goal was 100% on Franzen. Go watch the play again. He has a chance to challenge Weber along the boards for the puck but shy's away from any contact and stays away from him. If he even just finishes a check on Weber that goal is not scored. Instead he decides to float back towards the blueline leaving Weber a free run to the front of the net.

No, Nashville outplayed the Wings in the 3rd. The first two periods were owned by Detroit, no question. They could have had an even bigger lead.

So much negativity around here. This is a very good team we're facing and if not for a couple of fluke bounces in Game 1 this would be a 2-0 series lead for the Wings. But no one can expect us to just roll over a team as solid as Nashville. Just be glad we're not Pittsburgh or Vancouver right now.

Dont confuse the fact that we had 2 goals in the first period and the fact that had the Preds finished, we woulda been down 2-3 goals. They had wayy wayy too many scoring chances. And, in the 2nd, with all those penalties, I don't see how we owned anything. I think we played with the Preds but I am extremely concerned about our defensive coverage. We are fortunate we got bounces.

I hope the wings are much smoother in games 3 and 4.

Overall great win for the Wings. HUGE penalty kill.

But I do agree with those who talk about the Wings problems in their own end. They were uncharacteristically sloppy, even times when they weren't getting forechecked. Jimmy made some huge saves and Preds didn't have the puck luck they did the first game or it could've been a very different outcome.

Big win. Let's just get those problems sorted out at home now.

Just for the record, the Wings are undefeated when fighting in this year's playoffs! :P

esteef

Haha..very true..we are also 1-0 these playoffs when we play like we have 2 big boulders between our legs.

No way.

NHLRules is RIGHT. We are weak on the puck in our zone. What in the world is going on? We all of a sudden cannot clear the puck against a Nashville Preds team with, I'm sorry to say, mostly no-name players? Some have some respect, but they don't have Crosby's or Sedins, or even Doans on that team.

COME ON guys. Our defense is hanging on by a thread. And I still don't get it how we are giving up odd man rushes when we are supposed to be shutting the game down late in the 3rd.

I'm telling you, we should be thanking God WE aren't down 2 games in this series. The preds get the puck on their stick in that first period and they are up by 1-2 goals early, and if they finish at all in the 3rd, we likely have a game stolen from us.

I think the wings will play better at home, and God I hope so. Blown defensive assignments, inability to clear the puck, move it from the forecheck, these are real problems. If we were playing a SJ team, Chicago, St. Louis, etc, and played defense like this we'd be getting killed.

Yes. We lost game 1 because of bad puck luck. We got an early lead in game two because we had good puck luck. We ended the first with a lead, but I thought the Preds should have buried at least one of the many chances they had early on. I would say luck was definitely on our side in game 2. Our defense gives up way too many chances, too many odd man rushes, turnovers, etc. We could have easily been playing catch-up the whole game and came up too short just like we have been recently.

White and Emmerton score for us? And Franzen with a lucky one, although none of these goals were as lucky as the Preds' in game 1. I think we can take this series in 6, but it's way too close for comfort with our defensive lapses and our top lines not producing.

I haven't had the Internet the past few days to comment on the first two games, but I'd like to give me two cents on how things have gone:

I don't think either game is indicative of how this series will go. The first game was obviously a fluke due to the penalties and neither team could really get anything going. That being said, the Wings played well, had lots of open net chances that deflected off the post or off of sticks or legs.

Game 2 was much better penalty-wise, and both teams played well, with the Wings seeming to control the play up until the 3rd period. That being said, Nashville had crazy good chances that deflected off of sticks, legs, etc and Detroit lucked out many times when they gave up two on ones. I don't think Game 2, with all the good/bad luck, is very indicative of the whole series either.

I'm happy with the way the Wings have played in both games, with the exception of the let-down in the 3rd period in Game 2. If they can keep playing consistently well and tighten up defensively we should be able to beat Nashville.

Both goalies have been outstanding. There have been some amazing saves and lucky bounces that has kept scoring low. I don't think this will continue for very long. I guess I just can't emphasize how lucky both teams have been, with lots of great shots somehow not going in even though they looked like sure things.

The defense on both teams has left a lot to be desired for a playoff game. Too many odd man rushes. The difference is: I think we've seen the best Nashville can bring (I hope) and I still think the Wings can reach another level of dominance, probably at home.

No, Nashville outplayed the Wings in the 3rd. The first two periods were owned by Detroit, no question. They could have had an even bigger lead.

So much negativity around here. This is a very good team we're facing and if not for a couple of fluke bounces in Game 1 this would be a 2-0 series lead for the Wings. But no one can expect us to just roll over a team as solid as Nashville. Just be glad we're not Pittsburgh or Vancouver right now.

+

I like what Bert did. As he said, it's part of the game. I'm proud of him for choosing to take on Weber the Weasel, no matter what we personally think of the outcome.

Another thing I've been thinking about. I cannot remember one time where any team's goonery or outright physicality has slowed the Wings down much, especially this season. Their game is puck possession and they're damn good at it.

Furthermore but sure as hell not less important, our boys do not pretend to be severely injured when they're not. Just another reason why they're the classiest team in the league.

Edited by Vladifan

Burke-era Ducks at their peak.

Not really disagreeing with you, just sayin'.

S' OK. :) In fact, I agree with you. That's why I will probably hate the Ducks for at least another ten years. That's why I used the word "much", and the phrase, "especially this year."

Edited by Vladifan

Dont confuse the fact that we had 2 goals in the first period and the fact that had the Preds finished, we woulda been down 2-3 goals. They had wayy wayy too many scoring chances. And, in the 2nd, with all those penalties, I don't see how we owned anything. I think we played with the Preds but I am extremely concerned about our defensive coverage. We are fortunate we got bounces.

I hope the wings are much smoother in games 3 and 4.

Wah wah wah. That's all I hear.