• Please log in to reply
1192 replies to this topic

#1141 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

I'm glad we won but I am not that happy AT ALL about the Red Wing Defense that has, for the most part, been hanging by a thread. How are we giving up 2 on 1 plays with a 2 goal lead with 10 minutes left in the 3rd period? HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?

We repeatedly DICK around with the puck in our own zone and turn it over. The preds are immediately on top of our Defense and I don't know what ever happened to chipping the puck out along the boards for the easy out.

We got the bounces go our way tonight, mainly becuase the Preds never scored early on us. That's what saved us I think.

We played hard, played more scrappy, but I'm pissed off at the ridiculous blown coverage. I don't ever remember the wings breaking down so much in their own zone. They better get that figured out because if the wings get through this series and play a more skilled and experienced team, the wings are going to get killed.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#1142 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

Idk if anyone pays attention to my posts but before the playoffs started I said Ericsson would be our second best defense men this playoffs and I was right and Kronwall unbelievable with the shot blocking

#1143 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

I don't think Datsyuk is injured, there's just not much room to move, and the Preds are young and faster than the Wings. That's why Helm is so missed.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#1144 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

eww,i don't eat catfish

Catfish are the garbagemen of the sea.

#1145 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

I have never been more happy about a victory than I am right now. Defense be damned, the Detroit Red Wings stepped up and delivered hockey justice tonight. They beat them on the scorecard and beat them in the little battles.

Screw all the "we need to get revenge but I know this team won't" haters. There's the door. Kindly show yourselves out and leave the rest of us to bask in the glory of that which is Red Wings hockey. Never doubted this team for a second.

GO WINGS GO!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1146 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

I have never been more happy about a victory than I am right now. Defense be damned, the Detroit Red Wings stepped up and delivered hockey justice tonight. They beat them on the scorecard and beat them in the little battles.

Screw all the "we need to get revenge but I know this team won't" haters. There's the door. Kindly show yourselves out and leave the rest of us to bask in the glory of that which is Red Wings hockey. Never doubted this team for a second.

GO WINGS GO!!!

To be fair, I wouldn't exactly call Bert's scrap "revenge." You could call the win revenge - and it is (and the best kind, at that)...but I think that, ultimately, Weber got off easy for nearly cracking Hank's skull open.

And, seriously, can we lose all the fan elitism around these parts? "You're not a real fan." "There's the door." Blah-blah-blah.

We're all Wings fans here. We all want to see them hoisting the Cup.

Edited by Dabura, 13 April 2012 - 10:30 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1147 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

Huge win. Not sure when they figured out how to kill penalties again but it's been fantastic thus far

#1148 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

Am I the only one should thinks our D corps are fantastic? All the defensive problems seem to be caused by the forwards.

#1149 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

Am I the only one should thinks our D corps are fantastic? All the defensive problems seem to be caused by the forwards.

Our D is extremely week on the puck and they are terrible at clearing the zone.

Awesome on skating out of the zone but terrible in our own end and ESPECIALLY in front of our own net.

#1150 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

To be fair, I wouldn't exactly call Bert's scrap "revenge." You could call the win revenge - and it is (and the best kind, at that)...but I think that, ultimately, Weber got off easy for nearly cracking Hank's skull open.

And, seriously, can we lose all the fan elitism around these parts? "You're not a real fan." "There's the door." Blah-blah-blah.

We're all Wings fans here. We all want to see them hoisting the Cup.

1) To be fair, I never once used the word "revenge".
2) Call is whatever you want, but history has proven that this board is chalk full of fair-weather fans/trolls and I have zero problems calling them out for exactly what they are. Don't attempt to try and guide my views. If you don't like my opinions, there is a fantastic block option I encourage you to utilize.
3) We are NOT all Red Wings fans here, and there is a large portion of users who would like nothing better to do than wave their "I told you the Wings would lose because Kenny didn't sign ________ or ___________"

I am no better and no worse than anyone on here.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1151 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

Awesome on skating out of the zone but terrible in our own end and ESPECIALLY in front of our own net.

I'll pay extra attention next game, but to me looks like a lack of support. The D gets it up to the forwards who then proceed to lose it. The D close off their men and win the majority of their battles but the forwards hang them out to dry.

#1152 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

1) To be fair, I never once used the word "revenge".
2) Call is whatever you want, but history has proven that this board is chalk full of fair-weather fans/trolls and I have zero problems calling them out for exactly what they are. Don't attempt to try and guide my views. If you don't like my opinions, there is a fantastic block option I encourage you to utilize.
3) We are NOT all Red Wings fans here, and there is a large portion of users who would like nothing better to do than wave their "I told you the Wings would lose because Kenny didn't sign ________ or ___________"

I am no better and no worse than anyone on here.

I didn't say you used the word "revenge." I took this...

...to mean, "You said we wouldn't get revenge. Well, we did." Maybe I misread. It wouldn't be the first time.

As for the other points - I stand by my position. As lame and annoying as fairweather fans may be, the holier-than-thou "I'm a fan, you're not. I never doubt this team. Look at my merit badges" business is right up (or down) there with it.

But I'm derailing this thread now, so I'll leave it at that.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1153 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

Ericsson has been Bad ass since his injury return. Also Props to Cleary (who I bag on all the time) he has played very good, lastly congrats to Emmerton. I feel like Datsyuk just looks injured or out of sync hopefully he can figure it out and start to light it up. All around the wings looked good and determined, I'm just hoping we can watch a SC highlight video a few months, interviewing the opposing teams talking about howf****** stupid Weber and Nashville was for the cheapshot and then joking around in the fact they woke up a sleeping juggernaut.
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#1154 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

I'll pay extra attention next game, but to me looks like a lack of support. The D gets it up to the forwards who then proceed to lose it. The D close off their men and win the majority of their battles but the forwards hang them out to dry.

ill check it out too

At this point team D is a huge problem. Dats and Zet are really the only two ForwardsI would consider excellent on this team other than Helm. The loss of helm and eaves is a real problem right now.

#1155 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

Guys there was nothing wrong the officiating tonight... every call for the most part was legit... the Wings have to do a better job at staying out of the box because as good as their PK has been, Nashville will score on the PP eventually.

And yes, Pavel is CLEARLY injured... he isn't able to control the puck like he normally can, his passing is off, his shooting has been WAY off, though he was better on faceoffs. But he needs support behind injured with his wrist and Franzen floating around is not oging to do that.

#1156 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

Enjoy. Hopefully it will be Some Enchanted Evening for all of us.

It was. I can't wait to watch the DVR of this game :). Back to catching up on the GDT ;)
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#1157 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

Too bad it takes the playoffs and getting bashed in the face with a stick for Franzen to turn into a power forward but it was fun to watch tonight!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#1158 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

Not a pretty win but with all the PP time the Preds had in that one, i'll take it and smile.

Home ice advantage just like that!

The Octopus' 8 arms represent the 8 wins required to win the Cup when it started thus the tradition... what does a catfish have to do with anything besides that people in Nashville may fish for it? There are catfish in the Detroit River lol. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery but still <_<

Edited by Yak19, 13 April 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#1159 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

Oh big E.

He had a couple of terrible pinches and took a lazy penalty.

Lead the team in TOI, the refs won't let either team play 5v5.

That said, big E is looking every bit worth the contract holland and Illitch handed him.

Datsyuk with 6+ minutes on the PK tonight! Give him a rest boys!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#1160 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

Kronwall, Stuart, Ericsson, Quincey are all strong on the puck. Lidstrom is shifty and has great balance with the puck. White is neither string or weak on the puck.

I'd expect us to look much better in front of our own net the next two games on ice that isn't made from gluing refrigerator ice cubes together.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".