• Please log in to reply
1192 replies to this topic

#1161 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:51 PM

I had to watch the game on DVR and other than severely laying back in the 3rd I think we played a pretty complete hockey game. We played pretty close to the same as last game although it was apparent the nerves were gone. You have to give huge ups to our PK, we are 100% against the #1 PP in the league..

We needed to split the series in Nashville and we did it.

Now its Hockeytown time!!! If we get that record streak magic back we have this series locked by Tuesday god willing.

Im sticking with my prediction that we win it at the JLA (wings in 6)
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#1162 parks19

parks19

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

First time poster but I have watched a lot of redwing playoff hockey in the last 21 yrs and although they got outplayed tonight this team played with heart grit determination and a lot of anger. This is a generally soft team but tonight the played their asses off. You can complain about this and that but we won and we deserved to win. Everyone stepped up except for maybe Quincey but if they play with the same amount of heart every night they will be tough to beat and heck everyone needs a few bounces here and there anyways go Wings hope to talk to you all soon.

#1163 saven

saven

Rookie

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

All road teams win today , crazy .
In explanation of my avatar: for those who understand no explanation is necessary, for those who don't google federko.

#1164 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,248 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

Ericsson had one ill-advised move in front of his net but in general had another solid and physical game, led all defensemen in TOI and played 5:33 on the PK.

#1165 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

Ericsson had one ill-advised move in front of his net but in general had another solid and physical game, led all defensemen in TOI and played 5:33 on the PK.

His play has been a bit of a revelation. That TOI stat blows my mind.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#1166 wingsfan_indian

wingsfan_indian

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

To be honest... I did not think emmerton brings anything to the team, which other forwards in the depth chart do not. Good game by scoring tonight. please continue to prove me wrong.

#1167 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

Kronwall, Stuart, Ericsson, Quincey are all strong on the puck. Lidstrom is shifty and has great balance with the puck. White is neither string or weak on the puck.

I'd expect us to look much better in front of our own net the next two games on ice that isn't made from gluing refrigerator ice cubes together.

No way.

NHLRules is RIGHT. We are weak on the puck in our zone. What in the world is going on? We all of a sudden cannot clear the puck against a Nashville Preds team with, I'm sorry to say, mostly no-name players? Some have some respect, but they don't have Crosby's or Sedins, or even Doans on that team.

COME ON guys. Our defense is hanging on by a thread. And I still don't get it how we are giving up odd man rushes when we are supposed to be shutting the game down late in the 3rd.

I'm telling you, we should be thanking God WE aren't down 2 games in this series. The preds get the puck on their stick in that first period and they are up by 1-2 goals early, and if they finish at all in the 3rd, we likely have a game stolen from us.

I think the wings will play better at home, and God I hope so. Blown defensive assignments, inability to clear the puck, move it from the forecheck, these are real problems. If we were playing a SJ team, Chicago, St. Louis, etc, and played defense like this we'd be getting killed.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#1168 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

All I can say and have said not necessarily on this forum is E should have been playing with Lids a long time ago. He needs to learn from the best of the best and you definitely see that.

Okay all you fans going to The Joe I want to hear some TODD BERT-TUZZI chants. He deserves it!

#1169 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

Super stoked they won this game and head back to the Joe, were I hope they take advantage and Jimmy continues to heat up. LGW
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#1170 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

Great game by the Wings! Zetterberg grabbing Weber's head was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. Loved it!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#1171 zetsyuk

zetsyuk

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

It's funny that every year the wings are one of the least penalized teams in the league during the regular season. Once the playoffs come around all of a sudden they are a bunch of goons in the refs eyes. They, on average, are killing at least one 30+ second 5 on 3 per game now. Not sure if that happened 5 times all season. Hopefully well get some calls back home. Doubt it.
  • Nev likes this

#1172 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:44 AM

Great game but they need to be much better. Nashville outplayed the Wings for a better part of the game. Franzen was supposed to wake up when the playoffs started? Looking forward to seeing that when it happens. Wings need to ramp it up back home and crush these clowns.

#1173 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

I notice also that your top two lines get you to the playoffs but the bottom two win the Cup for you.

#1174 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

Great game but they need to be much better. Nashville outplayed the Wings for a better part of the game. Franzen was supposed to wake up when the playoffs started? Looking forward to seeing that when it happens. Wings need to ramp it up back home and crush these clowns.

No, Nashville outplayed the Wings in the 3rd. The first two periods were owned by Detroit, no question. They could have had an even bigger lead.

Franzen scored the GWG btw.

So much negativity around here. This is a very good team we're facing and if not for a couple of fluke bounces in Game 1 this would be a 2-0 series lead for the Wings. But no one can expect us to just roll over a team as solid as Nashville. Just be glad we're not Pittsburgh or Vancouver right now.

#1175 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

All I can say and have said not necessarily on this forum is E should have been playing with Lids a long time ago. He needs to learn from the best of the best and you definitely see that.

Okay all you fans going to The Joe I want to hear some TODD BERT-TUZZI chants. He deserves it!

If I recall correctly when E made his initial splash in the playoffs a couple of years back he was paired with Lidstrom as well.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#1176 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

If I recall correctly when E made his initial splash in the playoffs a couple of years back he was paired with Lidstrom as well.

I don't think very much though.

#1177 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

One goal does not a good game make. Yes he scored but in reality all he did was skate towards the net and the puck hit him. Its good that he went to the net as thats what weve all been asking him to do for weeks and look what happens. He was invisible the rest of the game. You cant ignore the fact though that the Weber goal was 100% on Franzen. Go watch the play again. He has a chance to challenge Weber along the boards for the puck but shy's away from any contact and stays away from him. If he even just finishes a check on Weber that goal is not scored. Instead he decides to float back towards the blueline leaving Weber a free run to the front of the net.

#1178 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

No, Nashville outplayed the Wings in the 3rd. The first two periods were owned by Detroit, no question. They could have had an even bigger lead.

So much negativity around here. This is a very good team we're facing and if not for a couple of fluke bounces in Game 1 this would be a 2-0 series lead for the Wings. But no one can expect us to just roll over a team as solid as Nashville. Just be glad we're not Pittsburgh or Vancouver right now.

Dont confuse the fact that we had 2 goals in the first period and the fact that had the Preds finished, we woulda been down 2-3 goals. They had wayy wayy too many scoring chances. And, in the 2nd, with all those penalties, I don't see how we owned anything. I think we played with the Preds but I am extremely concerned about our defensive coverage. We are fortunate we got bounces.

I hope the wings are much smoother in games 3 and 4.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#1179 wingsfan_indian

wingsfan_indian

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

How come nobody started the x number of posts for game 3 thread yet???

#1180 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,248 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

Overall great win for the Wings. HUGE penalty kill.

But I do agree with those who talk about the Wings problems in their own end. They were uncharacteristically sloppy, even times when they weren't getting forechecked. Jimmy made some huge saves and Preds didn't have the puck luck they did the first game or it could've been a very different outcome.

Big win. Let's just get those problems sorted out at home now.