Abdelkader

Miller

Lidstrom/Suter-White

Kronwall-Quincey

Smith-Ericsson

Kindl

Howard

MacDonald

#1) Zach Parise MUST be signed. So long as Lidstrom(UFA), Hudler(UFA), Quincey(RFA), Helm(RFA) and Abdelkader(RFA) don't get huge raises, after it's all said and done, there should be about 9.8mil available in cap space to sign him (and a fighter).

#2) A third scoring line MUST be assembled. To me this means giving Nyquist and Tatar full-time roles; and moving Eaves and Emmerton (as there will be no room for them).

#3) A fighter MUST be signed. It's ridiculous that a goon like Weber can take a post-game cheap-shot at one of our star players and not even be touched.

Edited by blueadams

Wouldn't the signing of Weber and the signing of a goon be the same thing?

Granted, a goon is usually a 4th line forward, but if we can get Weber, it's like a bonus goon.

Just to be clear, I don't want Weber aka "He Who Concussed the Mighty Lilja", but if we do sign him, I'll accept him as a Wing and probably grow to like him. (See also: Chris Chelios)

In that case, keep Eaves.

Cleary isn't going anywhere due to his contract. Let him have his surgery and get back to 100%. Let Emmerton walk.

Miller worked well with Abby and Helm this year. Since we no longer need a goon on the 4th line with Weber, I think we can put Miller on the 4th line.

Flip has been showing chemistry with Z this season, but he's shown it with Pavel in the past as well. I'd leave the top 6 open to see how Parise (yes, please!) gels with Pavel and Hank, and then put Flip with the other one.

I don't think we'll be getting Parise and Weber both. I'd actually be surprised if we got either one.

Still, it's fun to speculate.

Oh yes... :beerbuddy:

If there was any way to get rid of Cleary, i'l love to see it happen.

Bring up Tatar and Nyquist full time for sure. Tatar would ultimately replace Hudler. Faster and grittier.

Stuart won't be back and will be replaced by Smith.

Go hard after Parise and then Suter. The lack of finish on the team this year is unsettling.

Eaves coming back healthy next year will be a big boost. He is much better and more effective than Abdelkader, whose uses are diminishing. He's a 4th liner and won't meet his projections as a 2-way fwd that will get 30-40 points. He's plateau'd.

Keep Miller as a 4th liner cause he's been really good this year despite being a very soft player. He's good on the cycle and can put the puck in the net and still be responsible defensively.

Emmerton is not NHL calibre. Sorry kiddo.

If the Wings don't make it past the 1st round, it may be time to cut Babcock loose. Find a guy who can take a skilled line up and make 4 lines that gel so he doesn't have to start throwing out randoms with Dats and Z and sit 1 1/2 lines in the 3rd period. Holland should be on a short leash too cause in the "what have you done for me lately league"....what has he done to make the Wings better and more of a contender in the past few seasons? Sweet f*** all!

Have a nice day fellow Wingers.

Guest blueadams

I'm not sure it'd be impossible to trade Cleary (for nothing). He's got a good resume. Been a member of a great team for a long time. Has some rings. Brings some leadership. Might be a good PR acquisition for a bad team. He could even be the captain of some teams.

Bring up Tatar and Nyquist full time for sure. Tatar would ultimately replace Hudler. Faster and grittier.

I like The Sauce, but he's definitely not putting up Hudler numbers next season.

I like the guys you assembled but not the proposed lineup. Here is what I'd do to minimize the strains on Z and D for the long season - and note Hudler is not re-signed....

AGREE we need a scoring 3rd line for sure, and if Nyquist can manage at center I think that would be awesome. Helm just doesn't have the skills to be on a scoring 3rd line (i love hime though).

Not sure what to do with Miller... he certainly has earned a spot on the wings... just not sure where. Again, If nyquist can be made into a center we would have a killer lineup. We have so much youth talent coming up the pipe I might die.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Parise-Filppula-Franzen

Tatar-Nyquist-Cleary

Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves

Miller

Lidstrom/Suter-White

Kronwall-Quincey

Smith-Ericsson

Kindl

Howard

MacDonald

If Detroit goes out in the first round, that might hurt our chances of landing Suter. He wants to win.

I'd try and swing a deal to land Nash - maybe Filppula + Ericsson or Quincey? That seems fair to me, but I don't know if Columbus would go for it?

I think I would pursue Parise, but if his price is too high, I pass.

I'd try and ship Abdelkader and Cleary to NYI for Matt Martin and a draft pick, I don't care what round.

Promote Tatar and Nyguist.

See what the market is for Franzen.

And most of all, pray Lidstrom returns. But a first round exit might make up his mind for him. Let's hope that Detroit does not go out in the first round.

i think we need to start stocking up on draft picks. Datsyuk and Zetterberg wont be around forever, neither will Illitch, so either go for the cup with a few Prince Fielder esque signings or stock up on the future and get these guys trained right.

Guest blueadams

I like the guys you assembled but not the proposed lineup. Here is what I'd do to minimize the strains on Z and D for the long season - and note Hudler is not re-signed....

AGREE we need a scoring 3rd line for sure, and if Nyquist can manage at center I think that would be awesome. Helm just doesn't have the skills to be on a scoring 3rd line (i love hime though).

Not sure what to do with Miller... he certainly has earned a spot on the wings... just not sure where. Again, If nyquist can be made into a center we would have a killer lineup. We have so much youth talent coming up the pipe I might die.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Parise-Filppula-Franzen

Tatar-Nyquist-Cleary

Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves

Miller

Lidstrom/Suter-White

Kronwall-Quincey

Smith-Ericsson

Kindl

Howard

MacDonald

I think Nyquist might be able to center the third line. In the preseason, and in one or two regular season games as well I think, he centered in between Franzen and Bertuzzi.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Here's what I propose...

Filppula-Datsyuk-Parise

Hudler-Zetterberg-Franzen

Tatar-Nyquist-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Helm-*???*

Abdelkader

Miller

Lidstrom/Suter-White

Kronwall-Quincey

Smith-Ericsson

Kindl

Howard

MacDonald

#1) Zach Parise MUST be signed. So long as Lidstrom(UFA), Hudler(UFA), Quincey(RFA), Helm(RFA) and Abdelkader(RFA) don't get huge raises, after it's all said and done, there should be about 9.8mil available in cap space to sign him (and a fighter).

#2) A third scoring line MUST be assembled. To me this means giving Nyquist and Tatar full-time roles; and moving Eaves and Emmerton (as there will be no room for them).

#3) A fighter MUST be signed. It's ridiculous that a goon like Weber can take a post-game cheap-shot at one of our star players and not even be touched.

I don't want Hudler on this team next season. We need a tough guy who can play. No way Weber pulls that crap against a team like Boston with Chara lurking around. I am sick of wannabe tough guys taking cheapshots on Red Wings players because they have no fear of retribution.