• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mason

David Krejci assaulted by pane of glass

Rate this topic

It has been ruled that Pane violated Rule 48

48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A hit resulting in contact with an opponent's head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact is not permitted. However, in determining whether such a hit should have been permitted, the circumstances of the hit, including whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit or the head contact on an otherwise legal body check was avoidable, can be considered.

It is determined that although Krejci put himself in a vulnerable postition by standing on the ice and not being aware of Pane, Panes hit illegally targeted the head and made it the principal point of contact.

Other factors taken into consideration were:

Pane has a history of injury including a hit on Wayne Gretzky's wife

The principal point of contact was the head

The hit was sustained after the end of the game

It is ruled that Pane will be replaced for the remainder of this playoff series.

After the ruling, Shanahan said that Pane, : was all broken up about the hit and wishes it could have kept itself together but it just got pushed a little too far".

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut

Other factors taken into consideration were:

Pane has a history of injury including a hit on Wayne Gretzky's wife

:lol:

Can't wait until tomorrow when twitter blows up with pictures of Pane and Penalty Box making light of the punishment by reenacting the dastardly attack...

Pane is down right ruthless

I forgot how nasty an attack it was on Janet Gretzky. It was so bad Getzky had an upper body injury from the play.

We have to remember this was the old NHL when hits to the head were considered acceptable

Lets not forget about Puck and his ruthless retribution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odmGrCXZWso

Puck is one of those that needs to be banned from the game altogether. Just a few months ago Puck broke Nickys ankle!! Puck has broken noses, hands and ribs. Douglas Murray even had his Adams apple broken by Puck. If thats not reckless enough, Puck went after a fan. Spectators should be off limits and Puck didnt care.

If the NHL wants to get serious about injuries Puck should be the FIRST to go.

Was there a penalty? NO!

Fine? Are you joking me?

They put Puck back on the ice within 30 seconds of that hit. What has the NHL come to????

I forgot how nasty an attack it was on Janet Gretzky. It was so bad Getzky had an upper body injury from the play.

We have to remember this was the old NHL when hits to the head were considered acceptable

Lets not forget about Puck and his ruthless retribution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odmGrCXZWso

Puck is one of those that needs to be banned from the game altogether. Just a few months ago Puck broke Nickys ankle!! Puck has broken noses, hands and ribs. Douglas Murray even had his Adams apple broken by Puck. If thats not reckless enough, Puck went after a fan. Spectators should be off limits and Puck didnt care.

If the NHL wants to get serious about injuries Puck should be the FIRST to go.

Was there a penalty? NO!

Fine? Are you joking me?

They put Puck back on the ice within 30 seconds of that hit. What has the NHL come to????

The Steve Sullivan video is one of my favorite videos of all time.

Intent to injure. Was the glass Canadian? If so only a fine.

:thumbup: Cherry has a whole shouting bit prepared, in which he will call the Pane by his province of origin rather than his name.

It was determined that because Krejci did not sustain any significant injury that there would be no suspension. The glass was simply "playing playoff hockey."

:clap:

Which idiot would still bang on the class if its already fluffy? At least he didn't get injured could have been much worse.

Hahaha which idiot? IN BOSTON? Take your pick :D

You can clearly see Pane was just a kid in the hit on Gretzky's wife. A short little bugger. He obviously started his violent ways young. For as short as he was back then, he really matured well & grew to be a lot taller. But the hits Pane has made are very transparent - he is there to cause injury. But I also believe he just gets a warning.

Thomas was a little slow on that one, but at least he made an effort...Glad Krejci was ok though.

He sort of stands there like "What the hell are you doing down there, Krejci?" And then seems to realize "OH, a giant pane of heavy glass slammed into your head!"