#21 SpiritFan

SpiritFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

Pane is down right ruthless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atWtwIiXQKI

I forgot how nasty an attack it was on Janet Gretzky. It was so bad Getzky had an upper body injury from the play.

You can clearly see Pane was just a kid in the hit on Gretzky's wife. A short little bugger. He obviously started his violent ways young. For as short as he was back then, he really matured well & grew to be a lot taller. But the hits Pane has made are very transparent - he is there to cause injury. But I also believe he just gets a warning.

#22 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Pane's no star so no special treatment for him but you gotta admire his toughness and shot blocking.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#23 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

Pretty scary stuff, could of easily been a lot worse. Glad Krejci will be ok :thumbup:
IPB Image

#24 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

The Sullivan incident is classic! I don't recall hearing about it until now! I love the girlfriends reaction! That is great!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#25 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

Thomas was a little slow on that one, but at least he made an effort...Glad Krejci was ok though.

He sort of stands there like "What the hell are you doing down there, Krejci?" And then seems to realize "OH, a giant pane of heavy glass slammed into your head!"
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#26 RedTydes

RedTydes

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

Love this thread. Ahaha.
Posted Image

#27 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,627 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

Posted Image

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#28 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

Come on Thomas you can stop a puck but not a pane of glass?

The glass was later seen outside of the Caps locker room collecting a large sum of money from Alex Ovechkin. The transaction is currently under investigation although the organization persists that it was purely coincidental.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#29 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

It was only a matter of time before Pane lost it. Players like Ovechkin routinely throw hits on him AFTER goals are scored. Not only do they leave their feet, they smile about it.

Sometimes he avoids the hit though.

HTBanner400x100.jpg