42 replies to this topic

#41 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

preds fans threw stuff on the ice after game 1,so it is not new

They're used to having garbage on their lawns, why not on their ice?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#42 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

Bunch of Red Neck Hill Billy Deluxe Motha Fukas don't know a thing about Hockey or Sportsmanship. Screw Their Idiocy.

#43 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:40 AM

I went to a game in Nashville in the 2008-09 season, if you can recall the game where we actually got destroyed 8-0. Even though the big loss, I enjoyed the atmosphere that game.

I can get why the goalie name you suck chant or the Tootoo whistles bother people. They can do much worse in terms of being disrespectful or whatever, but again I get if it gets to people. Funny thing related to that is down here there used to be a minor league team back in the late 90s early 2000s, I went to games there off/on before my college days and they'd razz the goalie with the exact same chant after he gave up a goal.

Anyways...I got no issue with that and as with fan experiences in general as long as nobody provokes me personally by getting in my face or throwing something at me or ruining the fan experiences of other people around by being too obnoxious, I don't care what you do.

What isn't right regarding this specifically is two things. The hockey doesn't belong in the South stereotype from in here (though that thankfully doesn't seem to come up much anymore), and like others have probably already touched on plenty in here, the head incident what people there now refer to as "Webering".

I thought things like "Tebowing" or "Linsanity" were beyond obnoxious, but at least those aren't referencing anything where a possibly severe injury occured. The deal with Weber that happened that fans are now mimicing, that isn't right.