• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:32 AM

Not sure if this will eventually move to the political discussion, but I have some questions for you guys regarding clothing companies.

Do you guys know where to find a list of clothing/shoe companies that do not have horrible labor problems? How can you tell when a product is made in a sweatshop-free environment?

Thanks in advance.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#2 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

Look for the tag that says, "made in the USA".

Seriously. I'm not being a patriotic American (or xenophobic redneck, depending on your political tastes). I'm just saying that I don't know what other countries have for rules or for labeling. For example, does "Product of France" mean it was made there or did they outsource?

"Made in the USA" means just that.

And you'll be a patriotic American (or xenophobic redneck, as you wish).

I would assume that the same could be applied to Canada, but I don't know for sure.

#3 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

What Karen here said above is pretty much what I was going to reply with. In addition, i'd avoid anything that says "Made in China, Made in Korea, Made in Vietnam" etc.

Products being made in Asia and shipped back to the US effects our jobs and our economy in the long run. Sure one person probably won't make a difference, but it's still a good gesture to buy products made here by hard working americans trying to scrape together a living.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#4 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,296 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

I don't like a lot of their clothing but American Apparel is made in the USA (Los Angeles actually), provides its workers with health insurance and generally decent working conditions. Unfortunately it sounds like their CEO is a total sleazeball.

Still everything I've heard about how they actually treat the employees making the garments and it being made in the U.S. sounds legit.

#5 hollysurly

hollysurly

Draftee

• 0 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

Let's say that every artisan at SoleRebels has 5 kids (the abundance amount of Ethiopia). The workers forward all 5 kids to academy and back they accept an apprenticeship they don't abound up to be shoemakers. They do something that pays bigger and they forward their 5 kids to school. A job, a acceptable job, has an exponential impact. Within a few ancestors the 100 jobs at SoleRebels accept impacted tens of bags of people. Within six generations, the jobs accept impacted millions. Now brainstorm if SoleRebels awash as abounding shoes as TOMS. This isn't just life-changing stuff, this is possibly country-changing, poverty-fighting stuff.

<_< :scared: :siren:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DO YOUR BEST

http://www.menclothing.com.au/

Edited by hollysurly, 30 May 2012 - 07:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users