• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game Three GDT : Predators 3 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

You know, I think this team's Jekyll-Hyde complex largely comes down to our puck-possession game. When we're able to establish it and more or less keep it up and running, we're good. But if it gets disrupted and we're forced to play something else, or, worst case scenario, the other team starts puck-possessing (which is sort of what happened here in this wretched first period), we're lost out there. Because we're not especially young, fast, big, physical, etc. Just very skilled. With the puck. When we have it.

I agree, but they are still throwing absolutely harmless shots. Most miss. Others are logo hunters with no screen. They need to keep it up, but get pissed off.

Yes, you can't score if you don't hit the net. White hard shots that completely missed, and Hank had another that could have been a good chance. If they keep throwing shots on, they'll score. You don't have to get perfect chance. Sometimes all it takes is a redirect off someone's leg, or a knuckler that the goalies doesn't see.

The thing that I cant understand is how terrible the play in our own end is.

This started about 8 years ago. Blind passes up the middle from the D. Forwards no where to be found. BTW, where the F is our center in the D zone? How do we have this issue year in and year out?

Now that Lids is showing his age it has gotten much worse. How can Ken Holland look at this team and feel comfortable that we have a cup contendor?

Our D used to be the strength of this team and now its bordering on a complete joke. If we dont fix this D next year we may really be looking at missing the playoffs in the near future.

Our one advantage in this series is supposed to be Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Franzen. Skilled forwards that are supposed to be better than anyone Nashville has.

Right now, I'm not seeing that advantage. Those guys look no more special than Nashville's top liners.

Yes, you can't score if you don't hit the net. White hard shots that completely missed, and Hank had another that could have been a good chance. If they keep throwing shots on, they'll score. You don't have to get perfect chance. Sometimes all it takes is a redirect off someone's leg, or a knuckler that the goalies doesn't see.

They need to keep shooting low. Rinne is a big goalie and I don't understand why they try beating him high from far away.

Too many Mike Bossy wannabees on this team.

We look like s***. What do you expect? Ass kissing and the rah-rah brigade? People will stop bitching, pissing, and moaning when the players on the ice quit giving them reasons to.

Speaking the truth!...Lets get in the game redwings!

This started about 8 years ago. Blind passes up the middle from the D. Forwards no where to be found. BTW, where the F is our center in the D zone? How do we have this issue year in and year out?

Now that Lids is showing his age it has gotten much worse. How can Ken Holland look at this team and feel comfortable that we have a cup contendor?

Our D used to be the strength of this team and now its bordering on a complete joke. If we dont fix this D next year we may really be looking at missing the playoffs in the near future.

When I post stuff like this you guys all cry about it. But the fact is that its the truth the Wings are no longer good enough to win the Cup with this current squad so the onus is on Kenny Holland to fix it.

You know, I think this team's Jekyll-Hyde complex largely comes down to our puck-possession game. When we're able to establish it and more or less keep it up and running, we're good. But if it gets disrupted and we're forced to play something else, or, worst case scenario, the other team starts puck-possessing (which is sort of what happened here in this wretched first period), we're lost out there. Because we're not especially young, fast, big, physical, etc. Just very skilled. With the puck. When we have it.

true, and there are too many other teams that are built to disrupt our system

To add to the play in their own end, their transition play has declined greatly.

They need to keep shooting low. Rinne is a big goalie and I don't understand why they try beating him high from far away.

Too many Mike Bossy wannabees on this team.

Exactly. A puck on the ice or low has just as much chance and more likely to get a fortunate bounce or deflection. High and wide is the flavor of the series when the Wings have a scoring chance, otherwise they fluff it to the logo. Holmstrom and Zetterberg goals from Game 1 were both low shots and rebounds. Stuart off Franzen's leg low, and White with a screened mid-level fluttering wrister in Game 2. Only one pure high wrister has gone in all series, and it was off of Emmerton :blink:

Shot selection is easy to fix, but they'll have to make a conscious effort.

So Preds take a 2-1 series lead but it can't be that bad as I thought it was going to be 3-0 at this point.

If this were a FG kicker all you would hear is wide right or wide left as nothing can go in between the pipes!

Wow. The award for most pathetic, panicky, sissy "fan" goes to you... giving up after one period?

Congratulations clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif