• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game Three GDT : Predators 3 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

From what I have witnessed this year in the playoffs, I have pretty much decided to stop watching the NHL. Horribly dirty play, terrible officiating, dirtbag players, guys diving all over the ice the list goes on.

NCAA blows this league away and to be honest I caught a few Colorado Eagles games and to be honest the ECHL has much more to offer than the NHL.

I have never been more disappointed in this league in the 30 years I have been watching. Its sad to see what this sport has become.

I didnt hold much hope for the Wings in the series, so that is not it. Something is missing from this game and this league will disappear into oblivion, as it should. Compare this to the product the NFL puts out and its not even close.

So we will see you on Tuesday for Game 4 then?

Our defense led the league in goals this season.

In this series, our defense couldn't hit water from a boat. These shots are all over the place.

They depend way to much on that outside shot. I don't know what it is, but right now it comes off of as laziness. Not wanting to take the hit, and drive the puck to the net.

From what I have witnessed this year in the playoffs, I have pretty much decided to stop watching the NHL. Horribly dirty play, terrible officiating, dirtbag players, guys diving all over the ice the list goes on.

NCAA blows this league away and to be honest I caught a few Colorado Eagles games and to be honest the ECHL has much more to offer than the NHL.

I have never been more disappointed in this league in the 30 years I have been watching. Its sad to see what this sport has become.

I didnt hold much hope for the Wings in the series, so that is not it. Something is missing from this game and this league will disappear into oblivion, as it should. Compare this to the product the NFL puts out and its not even close.

Huh? are you serious? I've seen the ECHL, there is a reason about 1 of 500 of those guys ever gets a sniff at the NHL.

It's just so frustrating that we as fans watch this team get away with a lack of speed because they have skill during the regular season. Then the palyoffs come, the game gets tighter, faster, and we have a lack of desire until we need to have the desire because we are down in the game. We don't have speed, and we don't have size on this team.

I was never an advocate for having to be tough and big, but I think that's the way the league wants it to win a cup. That's how the games are called now. If you don't have size and you don't have speed, you get beat. There's no protection for your star players so everybody runs at the star players today.

This is the league's doing, the bureaucracy, the brass thinking they can fix it, when the players had it under control just fine. Anybody that works for a big corporation knows how management loves to interfere with stuff. Well, they usually screw it up worse than it was...

I'm so frustrated with the Wings. So frustrated.

I think White might be taking over the role of Shin-Pad Assassin left by Samuelsson. It really getting old watching him put it right into the shins of the forward coming out at him. Put it around the corner if you don't have a lane for hecks sake.

Lidstrom needs to shoot the puck. He has gone too far with the slap-pass and purposely wide shots. I get that it works sometimes, but so does putting it on net.

The only problem with this team is effort. If they play 60 minutes, they'd be nearly unstoppable. An entire game of how the last 25 minutes of this one went would not be something any team could handle.

NCAA blows this league away and to be honest I caught a few Colorado Eagles games and the ECHL has much more to offer than the NHL.

I agree 100% with you. read my previous post.

The league is screwed up, and not just because of the wings getting the short end of the stick on most nights. Other series as well...no consistency, phantom calls, blatent non-calls...frustrating. The league management got ahold of the game and thought they could 'fix it', when nothing was wrong to begin with.

Yeah, their idea of fixing it, a MAXIMUM fine of 2500 bucks LOL...in a league of millions...

Game 1 and 3: Wings come out flat, gift them goals, turn it on late with obscene shot counts but no good ones. Lose.

Game 2: Wings score early and then take the second half of the game off. Still win.

Start on time and you won't have to scramble later, but honestly, I didn't expect much seeing how they coasted at the end of Game 2.

FIRE HOLLAND. THEN FIRE THAT OTHER JACKASS BEHIND THE BENCH. NO GOAL SCORIING AND THEY'RE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE. SHOTS AND CHANCES DON'T WIN HOCKEY GAMES. GOALS WIN HOCKEY GAMES. GET RID OF 'EM BOTH.

AND, NO WAY IS LIDSTROM GONNA RETURN. YOU COULDN'T BLAME 'EM EITHER. THIS TEAM IS FINISHED. AND FOR QUITE SOME TIME. TOO OBVIOUS.

I know I'm getting a little overly (or at least gratingly, I imagine) negative here, but...

This is exactly correct. I mean yes I can't fault Howard for that goal it was a good shot, but with all our pressure the second half of the game and they score on there ONLY chance thats just deflating. You can't ask for more from this team other then a better start. As well as hitting the net they miss the net so much

It's deflating, yes - but it's classic Wings, one of several such embarrassing traditions dating all the way back to the mid-90s.

Howard playing atrocious. All series. The guy will make one or two cool looking saves and then terribad rebound the others or just whiff on a one on one.

I'm not sure if you are trolling or not. First 2 games he was phenomenal.

Huh? are you serious? I've seen the ECHL, there is a reason about 1 of 500 of those guys ever gets a sniff at the NHL.

Players are not as talented thats for sure, but at least its the game of hockey I remember and grew up playing. This nonsense the NHL puts out there is not hockey, its WWF wrestling on skates. With all the BS drama and nonsense that goes along with it.

Add to the fact that illegal participation from the bench is now allowed in the game. How is that not suspension worthy? Do you think the NFL would put up with that bulls***? A guy completely disgraces the game by playing the puck from the bench, guys jumping in to the play holding players on the ice, and drawing calls for it.

The next NHL VP of Business should be Rick Flair, and the Bushwackers should be dropping pucks in the faceoff circle.

Edited by NHLrules?

Guest irishock

Howard playing atrocious. All series. The guy will make one or two cool looking saves and then terribad rebound the others or just whiff on a one on one.

He gave up two breakaway goals and one on a mad scramble in front of the net on a PK

It's just the old, "We didn't start off very well but I thought we played better as the game went on."

Yeah, and f*** that. Play like lazy ******* early in front of your home crowd.

Naw. Howard's been our one bright spot thus far. He was flat-out huge in Game 2.

Not fair to pin it all on Howie and I'm not BUT if Howie played today like he did in game 2, we would have won. Having said this, it doesn't excuse some of the other lazy plays by forwards and D's.

So we will see you on Tuesday for Game 4 then?

I dont think so. Honestly I feel like Im wasting my time. The game is so fouled up its not fun for me to watch anymore. My best friend went through this a few years ago and when I talked to him about the playoffs on thursday he was laughing about the Weber deal and the other BS going on out there. He doesnt miss it.

Ah well, college football is right around the corner.

We make the same mistakes...game...after game...after game...after game....and nothing is ever changed or done about it. We start off slow...we take too many stupid penalties...we leave guys wide open...we give up too many scoring opportunities....you'd think after about 2 seasons of doing this the Coaches would catch on and adjust as needed. But I guess that's asking too much....