• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game Three GDT : Predators 3 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Detroit dominates when no penalties are getting called. Especially to start the game killing off a bunch of penalties and getting scored on, you can't just bounce back that quickly. If the first period wasn't a penalty fest detroit wins this game. As soon as the refs let them play Detroit took it to them. It also didn't help that Jimmy Howard didn't make a single save seemed like

I dont think so. Honestly I feel like Im wasting my time. The game is so fouled up its not fun for me to watch anymore. My best friend went through this a few years ago and when I talked to him about the playoffs on thursday he was laughing about the Weber deal and the other BS going on out there. He doesnt miss it.

Ah well, college football is right around the corner.

:blink:

It is?

Also, just to add to the Howard thing:

Rinne was a rebound machine this afternoon. We made him, and his defenders, look much better than they are. That, to me, is one of the most frustrating things about this loss. Allll thoooooose juuuuiccccyyyy reeeeebooooundssss....

I know I'm getting a little overly (or at least gratingly, I imagine) negative here, but...

It's deflating, yes - but it's classic Wings, one of several such embarrassing traditions dating all the way back to the mid-90s.

We just don't get that timely save. That one save is all we need and were probably still playing or win this game

Tuesday is a must win. If the Wings don't return to Nashville 2-2, there is no way they rattle off 3 straight, with 2 being on the road.

agreed and we all seen how the wings perform under pressure.

theyll probably have gill tuesday to make scoring even harder. good luck wings

Tuesday is a must win. If the Wings don't return to Nashville 2-2, there is no way they rattle off 3 straight, with 2 being on the road.

If we go down 3-1 after Tues to go back to Nashville then I'm afraid that it's over in 5.

Players are not as talented thats for sure, but at least its the game of hockey I remember and grew up playing. This nonsense the NHL puts out there is not hockey, its WWF wrestling on skates. With all the BS drama and nonsense that goes along with it.

Add to the fact that illegal participation from the bench is now allowed in the game. How is that not suspension worthy? Do you think the NFL would put up with that bulls***? A guy completely disgraces the game by playing the puck from the bench, guys jumping in to the play holding players on the ice, and drawing calls for it.

The next NHL VP of Business should be Rick Flair, and the Bushwackers should be dropping pucks in the faceoff circle.

Mike Valente said it best, it's a minor league organization, the NHL is.

It's unfortunate. I followed the game back when all the clutching and grabbing happened....and a lot of us used to pull our hair out wondering why more calls weren't made. But it seems like the league took the other extreme...except that they are so inconsistent, I'd rather they go back to giving teams 1-2 power plays a game and let the better teams decide the game.

Even though the refing was absurd YET AGAIN, that's not why we lost. We lost because we started slow, were out hustled to pucks (probably not our fault, we don't have the speed), and they clearly look hungrier to me. The wings have won so much for 21 years, maybe it's just time for a big change...let the old players go (lids, homer, bert, etc), and go buy some size, some speed, and rely on draft picks.

It's hard to move on, but maybe that's what probably needs to happen. This small, highly skilled team is made for the regular season, not the playoffs. I think that's why we've lost the past couple of years against SJ. Too slow, not big enough, can't take the beating. The regular season is nowhere near this intense and nowhere near this hard on the body...

Howard is not our problem. He's good enough. The old norm was 2 goals per game, today is 3 goals per game.

Also, just to add to the Howard thing:

Rinne was a rebound machine this afternoon. We made him, and his defenders, look much better than they are. That, to me, is one of the most frustrating things about this loss. Allll thoooooose juuuuiccccyyyy reeeeebooooundssss....

Agreed. The Preds do a great job keeping the Wings from getting to them because there were several just lying there waiting to be slammed into the net.

We just don't get that timely save. That one save is all we need and were probably still playing or win this game

Howard has played decent the last two playoffs, but he hasn't come up with that timely save we always got in our Cup runs.

Then again, you could say we haven't scored that timely goal we scored in our Cup runs.

Detroit dominates when no penalties are getting called. Especially to start the game killing off a bunch of penalties and getting scored on, you can't just bounce back that quickly. If the first period wasn't a penalty fest detroit wins this game. As soon as the refs let them play Detroit took it to them. It also didn't help that Jimmy Howard didn't make a single save seemed like

Yep. Pretty much every grade A scoring chance went in. Very frustrating. Refs are a joke

Should have been a whole different game. If the scorekeeper hadn't f***ed up the time at the end of the second, our goal would have counted.

Thanks to whoever down-voted. I fail to see your input? Fact is we lost a GOAL. It's the ******* playoffs, every single one counts. The "we should be able to win without that goal" bulls*** is ridiculous. Every game will be a one-goal game, MAYBE two. Everything that is taken away because of error is unacceptable.

Franzen needs to pull his head out of his ass. You can play uninspired, but when you spear someone on the bench you need to sit for some time. He should have gotten 5 and the game, and is lucky he did not.

and of course the fact that he was grabbed by a player on the bench was completely excusable? Looking back I'm glad Franzen did it, it got him fired up and we scored a minute later.

Howard has played decent the last two playoffs, but he hasn't come up with that timely save we always got in our Cup runs.

Then again, you could say we haven't scored that timely goal we scored in our Cup runs.

I think he definitely did in game 2. The Wings were a mess in their own end, especially in the first half of the game. If not for Jimmy the Preds could've been up by a couple goals.

If we go down 3-1 after Tues to go back to Nashville then I'm afraid that it's over in 5.

It makes me sad to say it becuase I love this team, but maybe that needs to happen. To me that should be viewed as an embarrassment, but maybe the short term pain will be better for longer term success. Maybe it forces the wings to make some bigger moves and change up some personnel.

Hudler disgusts me. Small, slow, unwilling to hit, rarely shoots...he represents everything that's wrong with this team as far as the playoffs are concerned. Gets you through the regular season, but not the playoffs...

Yes, and yet, if they had called the same in the third period the way they called it in the first period, the Wings would have ended up on the powerplay more than once at the end when its out of reach. Seriously, from ticky-tack phantom calls to stowing the whistles. What a joke.

Edited by b.shanafan14

We make the same mistakes...game...after game...after game...after game....and nothing is ever changed or done about it. We start off slow...we take too many stupid penalties...we leave guys wide open...we give up too many scoring opportunities....you'd think after about 2 seasons of doing this the Coaches would catch on and adjust as needed. But I guess that's asking too much....

I don't think Babcock is a bad coach, but he should not be Detroit's coach any longer, he can't get through to his players anymore and the 2 green assistants haven't helped much; the problem is who can we find that's available that would do a better job?

As bad as the zebras were (and, really, have been in all three games), it's on the Wings. In this case, they came out at the start of the game playing like a peewee squad. Point being, Wings have to be better. We, they, have to expect and accept the one-sided, beer league officiating and focus on what matters, which is playing quality hockey for a full 60 minutes. Which they seem incapable of doing.

And Howard was ok. Not amazing, but, honestly, he's the last Wing anyone should be calling out.

Close game. Can't get down on the Wings for this one, they played pretty well against a really good goaltender. They've got to find a way to play a more balanced 60 mins though. I liked seeing Nyquist on that first line with Dats and Franzen, he played really well. The only player I have been disappointed with is Fil - the guy has to step it up!

and of course the fact that he was grabbed by a player on the bench was completely excusable? Looking back I'm glad Franzen did it, it got him fired up and we scored a minute later.

It got him fired up? The goal by datsyuk was unassisted, and had nothing to do with Franzen's play. He was grabbed by a player on the bench boo hoo, that does not give you the right to spear someone. He took 2 stupid penalties today that were caused, by his frustration.

Mike Valente said it best, it's a minor league organization, the NHL is.

It's unfortunate. I followed the game back when all the clutching and grabbing happened....and a lot of us used to pull our hair out wondering why more calls weren't made. But it seems like the league took the other extreme...except that they are so inconsistent, I'd rather they go back to giving teams 1-2 power plays a game and let the better teams decide the game.

Even though the refing was absurd YET AGAIN, that's not why we lost. We lost because we started slow, were out hustled to pucks (probably not our fault, we don't have the speed), and they clearly look hungrier to me. The wings have won so much for 21 years, maybe it's just time for a big change...let the old players go (lids, homer, bert, etc), and go buy some size, some speed, and rely on draft picks.

It's hard to move on, but maybe that's what probably needs to happen. This small, highly skilled team is made for the regular season, not the playoffs. I think that's why we've lost the past couple of years against SJ. Too slow, not big enough, can't take the beating. The regular season is nowhere near this intense and nowhere near this hard on the body...

Howard is not our problem. He's good enough. The old norm was 2 goals per game, today is 3 goals per game.

Correct. Its not the loss that gets me, I didnt expect much from the Wings this post season. Then Helm went out and well....

Just look at last night, I went ballistic over the Smith dive in the hawks game. What kind of league is this? Its disgusting. The guy lays on the ice like he was shot in the face. Yet as soon as the penalty was dished out, he magically pops up and is ready to play like nothing happened.

Its not that the NHL has an agenda, they are just horribly incompetent and misguided. The game of hockey isnt good enough, you need to have little queens like Crosby, refs trying to keep series close by matching penalties on the score sheet, suspension of players who are injured for trying to sit out on an exhibition all-star game, the lame ass winter classic non-sense (I think that is retarded, and do you really want to compete with NCAA Bowl games LMAO)

I dunno Im just not in love with this league like I was 10 or 20 years ago.