• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game Three GDT : Predators 3 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

It got him fired up? The goal by datsyuk was unassisted, and had nothing to do with Franzen's play. He was grabbed by a player on the bench boo hoo, that does not give you the right to spear someone. He took 2 stupid penalties today that were caused, by his frustration.

Thats the best I've seen Franzen all year. If it took him a 2 minute penalty to get him going then im okay with that.

It got him fired up? The goal by datsyuk was unassisted, and had nothing to do with Franzen's play. He was grabbed by a player on the bench boo hoo, that does not give you the right to spear someone. He took 2 stupid penalties today that were caused, by his frustration.

The player on the bench is not involved in the play so yeah he is most definately the most at fault in this scenario. I'd spear the bastard too.

I'm not sure if you are trolling or not. First 2 games he was phenomenal.

First game he caused them to lose. That was a HORRIBLE play that directly lead to the third goal. Second game has was average. Why can't you guys see that? He is just average. He has always been that way. He is not a superstar.

I think it's all guilt from the past.

I don't think Babcock is a bad coach, but he should not be Detroit's coach any longer, he can't get through to his players anymore and the 2 green assistants haven't helped much; the problem is who can we find that's available that would do a better job?

I think babs is ok still, but I would fire whomever is running the special teams on this team. How can the Preds, who clearly are not as talented as the wings, have a power play that looks THAT good? Yet the wings struggle to get a shot on goal with more talented players...

I don't understand what refs are seeing in these holding calls. Every single time along the boards someone has a free hand grabbing someone and then they call about 5% of them. The refs could call a penalty every 15 seconds if they wanted to. That penalty with a minute thirty pissed me off more than anything. Stuff like that was going on the whole game then they call that with a minute and a half left after Detroit is down by 2 goals. It's like they did it just to even up the penalty calls on both sides when they thought the game was over anyways. Detroit should have been awarded at least 1 penalty when they were buzzing around the net for the whole third period and then they get one after they get scored on like "well there ya go, I was gonna give you one this period so it might as well be now"

Close game. Can't get down on the Wings for this one, they played pretty well against a really good goaltender. They've got to find a way to play a more balanced 60 mins though. I liked seeing Nyquist on that first line with Dats and Franzen, he played really well. The only player I have been disappointed with is Fil - the guy has to step it up!

43-22 in shots is a close game? Maybe in the first period.

Detroit outplayed Nashville most of the game. Should have won.

Zetterberg is AMAZING. Datsyuk played a great game tonight, beauty goal.

Would have liked a big save by Howie on that 3rd Nashville goal but overall I can't complain much. A normal day, a normal game, and Wings win by 2-3 goals.

Preds can't get this lucky in 2 more games. Series should be 2-1 or 3-0 Wings.

First game he caused them to lose. That was a HORRIBLE play that directly lead to the third goal. Second game has was average. Why can't you guys see that? He is just average. He has always been that way. He is not a superstar.

What did the 3rd goal have to do with Howard? Stuart turned the puck over and lost the battle and he faced a point blank one-timer from the hash marks. Hows that his fault?

So basically you're just trolling.

Good to know.

Keep in mind the poor kid is left hung out to dry constantly. How many odd man rushs did he come up big on? How many times does a guy take a wide open point blank shot whit our defenders doing whatever it is they do out there?

Its like when people were pissed at Ozzie in 01. Dude let up few goals in that series but we could not score AT ALL in that series. Stop blaming Howard hes just fine. Look at the team in front of him. No drive, no physical presence and absolutely no D. Thats the truth.

I think babs is ok still, but I would fire whomever is running the special teams on this team. How can the Preds, who clearly are not as talented as the wings, have a power play that looks THAT good? Yet the wings struggle to get a shot on goal with more talented players...

The power play has been fine... it's the timing of the power plays... it's happened on both sides when the game is going your way and you have momentum the power play/penalty kill is going to look better. Detroit hasn't gotten a power play while they were controlling the play that they didn't score on. It's hard to start a period on the power play or when your getting outplayed

What did the 3rd goal have to do with Howard? Stuart turned the puck over and lost the battle and he faced a point blank one-timer from the hash marks. Hows that his fault?

Howard made a dumb play to Stuart that he had no chance in hell of keeping. That lead to the goal. He should have either dropped and gloved it or passed to the other side where there was no one barreling down at top speed.

If the Wings lose this series, Lidstrom will not be back. Period. Holmstrom will leave and the team will be trending down.

You think it's bitter around here now, wait until that happens. This place will be nigh unreadable.

also, why are we so bad on face-offs all of a sudden? only 45% of draws today, we used to have a glutton of natural centers who could win those big offensive or defensive face-offs, but now we seem to lose almost all of them

Draper retired.

Correct. Its not the loss that gets me, I didnt expect much from the Wings this post season. Then Helm went out and well....

Just look at last night, I went ballistic over the Smith dive in the hawks game. What kind of league is this? Its disgusting. The guy lays on the ice like he was shot in the face. Yet as soon as the penalty was dished out, he magically pops up and is ready to play like nothing happened.

Its not that the NHL has an agenda, they are just horribly incompetent and misguided. The game of hockey isnt good enough, you need to have little queens like Crosby, refs trying to keep series close by matching penalties on the score sheet, suspension of players who are injured for trying to sit out on an exhibition all-star game, the lame ass winter classic non-sense (I think that is retarded, and do you really want to compete with NCAA Bowl games LMAO)

I dunno Im just not in love with this league like I was 10 or 20 years ago.

I am not in love with the league either like I was. It's hard as a fan that's been a fan for 20+ years to enjoy this kind of hockey when it was much better 10 years ago. I'm a HOCKEY fan, not just a Wings fan, so the game itself, encompassing all teams, is a disgraace. The talent is watered down on every team, the refereeing is brutal in the regular season, and completely unacceptable in the playoffs, and it's only getting worse.

You know how you get divers to stop? Call diving penalties...and don't send 2 players. Embarrass the player and tell him if he does it again he's getting thrown out of the game. THEN DO IT. Make an example! As a ref, everybody hates you anyway, so what difference does it make?

I didn't expect the wings to win this series either really. In the playoff game on this board I did pick the wings in 6 (becuase i did'nt think they'd win in 7) because I just can't bet against them against an expansion team with little talent and experience on it. But I really don't think the wings have what it takes to beat size and speed. The past 2-3 years they've been worn down and beaten by bigger and faster teams...and Holland hasn't adjusted the team for that.

You think it's bitter around here now, wait until that happens. This place will be nigh unreadable.

Its going to be ridiculous. Like reliving Steve Y all over again. A team not playing to potential, playing lazy and disinterested. Gets ousted in the first round and the captain decides he's held on long enough. Lidstrom is playing to win cups. This is not a cup team, and its not the skill level, its the compete level.

43-22 in shots is a close game? Maybe in the first period.

Detroit outplayed Nashville most of the game. Should have won.

Zetterberg is AMAZING. Datsyuk played a great game tonight, beauty goal.

Would have liked a big save by Howie on that 3rd Nashville goal but overall I can't complain much. A normal day, a normal game, and Wings win by 2-3 goals.

Preds can't get this lucky in 2 more games. Series should be 2-1 or 3-0 Wings.

The Wings are not going to win many games taking a period off. If they would have had the pedal to the floor for 60 minutes, they would have won this game. Instead, they let the Preds dictate the game in the first period and it cost them.

I know there are people here that like to lay the blame on the coaching staff, reffing, Bettman, certain players, and so on, but I am of the opinion that a full 60 minute effort wins games. So far, we haven't seen a full 60 minutes out of either team. Seems like, in game 2, the Wings came out strong in the first and then tailed off in the 2nd and 3rd. Today, Nashville did the same thing.

Our forwards have outplayed theirs consistently... I blame both these losses and the fact game 2 was close to all the penalties. Even though we've only given up one PP goal against... you can't take 4 penalties straight and expect to have any kind of momentum or push...