• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game Three GDT : Predators 3 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

43-22 in shots is a close game? Maybe in the first period.

Detroit outplayed Nashville most of the game. Should have won.

Zetterberg is AMAZING. Datsyuk played a great game tonight, beauty goal.

Would have liked a big save by Howie on that 3rd Nashville goal but overall I can't complain much. A normal day, a normal game, and Wings win by 2-3 goals.

Preds can't get this lucky in 2 more games. Series should be 2-1 or 3-0 Wings.

I don't think we outplayed them most of the game. We outplayed them after we got a goal, which was what, with 5 minutes or something like that left in the 2nd? The 3rd period was mostly us becuase they were sitting back. If the game had been tied or they had been down, it wouldn't have looked that way.

So I am looking for that kind of play out of them when the wings are even or ahead in the game, not trailing. Game 4 better be ALL like that or we are going out of the playoffs in 5, and it will rudely awaken a lot of fans who think this team is good.

Ok name me a goalie that we can get that is better than Jimmy.

That we can get? It's too late. We put all our eggs in Howards basket. Honestly in the off season I'm hoping we might be able to get corey schneider or someone.

Ah our goaltending is NOT our problem. It's our defense and our offense, especially our defense.

So everything but Howard? Really? Our offense is fine if it can stay out of the box. And our Defense needs a little improvement on the back end but it's still workable.

Lawl @ people blaming howard. howard was the only reason the wings were in the game. did you guys watch the first? how about the 2nd? how about game 2?He made HUGE saves. Kept them in the game. WINGS failed to get goals for him.

This could be the last few games we see ******* Lidstrom play. let it all hang out

Edited by brett

Our offense blows. Our D blows harder. Howard has kept us in this series.

Yeah is that why he let in two softies today and caused a goal for us to lose in game one?

You guys keep blindly defending Howard. I don't get it. What can you guys see that I can't?

Yeah is that why he let in two softies today and caused a goal for us to lose in game one?

You guys keep blindly defending Howard. I don't get it. What can you guys see that I can't?

The D was non-existent on those 2 goals

I'm just glad to not be a Penguins fan right now. Giving up the lead in 3 straight games and dropping the first two at home.

Yeah, but their future looks brighter than ours.

Their stars are young and have many years left to make runs at the Cup.

I don't understand how Howard can always be blameless and yet our "horrid" offense that is throwing 41 shots one of the best defenses and goalies in the league are to blame.

Wings fans really are crazy I guess.

highlighted the point for you there as to why he is not to blame.

I don't understand how Howard can always be blameless and yet our "horrid" offense that is throwing 41 shots one of the best defenses and goalies in the league are to blame.

Wings fans really are crazy I guess.

Because our Defense ******* sucks man. Pretty simple really.

What do you want the kid to do? You cant get a shutout every game.

Our D is atrocious in our own end and has been for years. You realize that every goalie that has ever played here gets s*** on all the time? Think about it.

Just since 2000. Osgood Hasek, Legacy, Cujo, Howard, McDonald, Conklin. All those guys truly suck right?

Cmon man call it the way it is, our D is terrible. Last year we had Lids and a one legged Rafalski back there. And this year we have a broke Lids and Ian ******* White. LMAO yup its the goalie.

He's not to blame because or offense threw 41 at Rinne?

Or he's not to blame because he faced 19 shots and let 3 in?

The goalie isn't the one to blame when the defense gives up breakaways and odd man rushes for no reason. Stuart was completely outplayed on the second goal, 3 of our players were in our crease facing the net on the first goal and Howard couldn't get over and the third goal was Kronwall/Filppula's fault. Howard was left out to dry, plain and simple. Could he make those saves? Yeah, but it's not entirely his fault that he didn't. He's been far from horrible.

He's not to blame because or offense threw 41 at Rinne?

Or he's not to blame because he faced 19 shots and let 3 in?

not to blame because we threw 41 and only got 2 through which means they are throwing a lot of custard pies at the net. Detroit goaltenders generally face fewer shots. I also never said he was great in this game, but he was probably the best detroit player in the first 2 games. he was 1st star in Game 2.

that 3rd goal was the back breaker though and a winning goalie should have stopped it... but we never lost because of jimmy we lost because we take 8 penalties a game... I thought we played fine on both ends Predators never had any real pressure after detroit flipped the switch. But taking all those penalties killed us and has killed us in all three games pretty simple, but that's the way they're going to ref this series apparently and I'm not sure the Red Wings can do anything about it. They're going to be short handed at least 6 times a game no matter how they play

Because our Defense ******* sucks man. Pretty simple really.

What do you want the kid to do? You cant get a shutout every game.

Our D is atrocious in our own end and has been for years. You realize that every goalie that has ever played here gets s*** on all the time? Think about it.

Just since 2000. Osgood Hasek, Legacy, Cujo, Howard, McDonald, Conklin. All those guys truly suck right?

Cmon man call it the way it is, our D is terrible. Last year we had Lids and a one legged Rafalski back there. And this year we have a broke Lids and Ian ******* White. LMAO yup its the goalie.

You hit the nail on the head. Remember Curtis Joseph ran out of town because he lost a bunch of 2-1 games? I think fans that look at it that way are just not that knowledgeable. You have to look at the shots the wings got on goal and realize that it wasn't Rinne that stole this game, and it wasn't Howard that lost this game. The wings mustered 1 goal this game, and it was in a moment of desperation. The goal by Datsyuk was a GIFT...granted, it took that skilled player to get it, but it was a gift mistake from the Preds. Let's be honest here.

I've been bitching about our defensive play for months, and it shows a lot more in the playoffs when the opponent is good, is focused only on playing you, and has size and speed to exploit your holes. When you have defensive breakdowns, you'll pay, and the wings have. It's my opinion that if the preds finish their great opportunities in game 2, we're down 3 games to NOTHING people!

We should actually be fortunate to be down only 1 game.

I keep complaining about this wings team, but it may be that they just don't have an answer this year for the speed and size they're playing against. The preds can't out 'skill' us, but they can out hustle us, out hit us, and they're hungrier. Those 3 things can trump skill. Look at the Preds forecheck. TENACIOUS!

I think you guys just feel guilty about the goalies of the past and so you think you HAVE to defend Howard no matter what he does. I give up. He's average and that's all he'll ever be.

Finally.

Howard was in contention for the Veznia before he was injured. I'd hardly call Howard average. Glad you're done trolling.

Edited by Dirty Dangle